What IS Fair? What IS Just?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Somehow we got a little off track on Iran Option thread, so here we go. Have at it!

sagegirl said:
Well I think if a person works/gives of their time and effort, they should get reasonable compensation. I dont think anyone wants to make a career of flipping burgers or bagging groceries but the corporations that own the business, be it a McDonalds or whatever, make lots of money. I dont think they are going to go broke paying their bottom of the scale workers maybe 8 to 10 dollars an hour. Did I hear a collective gasp.
I know education is abundantly available, but when I hear and see some of what our public education system deems passing I am honestly offended. I'm talking about the basics, reading writing arithmetic. I am not defending or condoning anyone who has failed to see the huge benefits of educating themselves to the fullest extent they can. I just know that some of our educational programs just dont work. I went to 2 years of vocational training the rewards were incredible. I never made hundreds of thousands a year like alot of boarders claim, but I couldnt believe how much status my occupation provided me in the workplace and I was really well compensated. My point was that if a person makes a decent living from the work they do, they are more apt to take an active interest in society, thus we all benefit. Someone who works hard and long, and has little or nothing to show for it, or is barely able to meet their expenses to live, is not in a position to partake, much less in a position to contribute to society as a whole.

Sorry that this got so off the thread, I will take greater care about it.

Shattered said:
You have got to be kidding!

Please...start another thread re: minimum wage so that I need not go off on a tangent in this one.. :)

I only think the justice system is unfair because those who have more bucks have more access to justice. Everything else you mention is communism.

Forum List

Back