What Is "Fair Share of Taxes"?

Flat tax.... i don't care if you are rich or poor. Everyone should pay the same.

I agree - 100%

I don't. The rich should pay a little more to take care of the poor. But what do I know? I'm just a godless liberal.

And this is the way it has always been. Why change now? Rich people decided this a long time ago. When did you guys turn greedy? Ayn Rand I believe.
If the rich desire to take care of the poor, I'm sure there are plenty of non-profit organizations they are welcome to contribute to. Otherwise, let the poor take care of themselves.

Flat tax.... i don't care if you are rich or poor. Everyone should pay the same.

I agree - 100%

I don't. The rich should pay a little more to take care of the poor. But what do I know? I'm just a godless liberal.

And this is the way it has always been. Why change now? Rich people decided this a long time ago. When did you guys turn greedy? Ayn Rand I believe.
Ayn Rand is one of my favorite authors (after Heinlein). Everyone is responsible for themselves.

Whatever the tax rates were before Bush got into office. Roll everything he did back. Didn't work. What is fair share? What works. What worked before. Hit the reset button baby!

I'll tell you what's not fair. Romney paying 12% and us paying 35% is not fair.

And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime.

I agree - 100%

Well don't stop there. The rich usually have beautiful trophy wives too. Shouldn't we get to screw them since they have it better than us? Shouldn't we get a free ride on their private jet once a year? I mean if the logic is that because they have more than us and we are therefore entitled to a piece of the action, let's not stop with money. Let's get the liberal confiscatory legislation cooking and take this all the way.

If your neighbor earns the same income you do, but one of you pays more taxes than the other because you are being punished for not buying a house, that is not a fair system.

If your neighbor earns the same income you do, but one of you pays more taxes than the other because you are being punished for not having kids, that is not a fair system.

If your neighbor earns the same income you do, but one of you pays more taxes than the other because you are being punished for not owning the right kind of refrigerator, that is not a fair system.

That is the system we have today.

A fair system is one in which people who earn identical incomes pay identical taxes. A fair system is one in which the government does not pick the winners and losers. A fair system is one in which the government does not perpetrate a massive behavioral control program on its citizens.

If your neighbor earns the same income you do, but one of you pays more taxes than the other because you are being punished for not buying a house, that is not a fair system.

If your neighbor earns the same income you do, but one of you pays more taxes than the other because you are being punished for not having kids, that is not a fair system.

If your neighbor earns the same income you do, but one of you pays more taxes than the other because you are being punished for not owning the right kind of refrigerator, that is not a fair system.

A fair system is one in which people who earn identical incomes pay identical taxes. A fair system is one in which the government does not pick the winners and losers. A fair system is one in which the government does not perpetrate a massive behavioral control program on its citizens.

You left out when people get checks after having paid 0 in taxes. It isn't "fair" until everyone has some skin in the game.

I don't care which tax structure you name, it will not be fair if it has built-in exemptions or deductions or credits which tilt the playing field.

We need to take away the ability of a politician to put carve-outs in the tax code in exchange for campaign cash. That is how you get REAL campaign finance reform. You take away the incentive to give them cash. If a special interest can't get a favor from a politician, they won't donate to that politician.

Yes, it really is that simple. And our politicians know it is that simple, which is why they throw up a lot of bogus campaign finance "reforms" which don't do shit. They do this to conceal REAL reforms which would actually work.

After more than 40 years of countless legislative and judicial campaign finance "reforms", the re-election rate in the House has remained unchanged at 98 percent, and the re-election rate in the Senate has remained unchanged at 90 percent.

Start demanding real reforms.

Last edited:

You left out when people get checks after having paid 0 in taxes. It isn't "fair" until everyone has some skin in the game.
That's why I favor the Fair Tax. It has three advantages.

One, it is a tax on consumption instead of a tax on production (income tax).

Two, everyone has to pay it. So if the rubes want to demand the government provide free puppies to hookers, EVERYONE will pay a higher Fair Tax to cover the cost. No more, "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Three, you can't hide a tax increase.

Last edited:
According to the RWnuts, fair share means corporations should pay no income taxes,

but the person making minimum wage should have some 'skin in the game'.

According to the RWnuts, fair share means corporations should pay no income taxes,

I think if you benefit most from the government's handouts then you should have to pay them. Everyone hates the wealthy but they are the only people who don't ask to much from the government. WE need more wealthy people.

I think if you benefit most from the government's handouts then you should have to pay them. Everyone hates the wealthy but they are the only people who don't ask to much from the government. WE need more wealthy people.

You don't think corporations lobby for handouts?

lol good one.

Whatever the tax rates were before Bush got into office. Roll everything he did back. Didn't work. What is fair share? What works. What worked before. Hit the reset button baby!

And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime.
So what? See, this is the stupid arguments Republicans make. So you want Trump to pay the same amount as someone who makes $12,000 a year? Anything more you would consider "unfair"? Dummy

My boss pays $7000 more than his neighbors across the street because his house is on a like.

Think about the person that makes $10 hr and every time they spend $1 they are taxed 6 cents. That is a huge chunk of their income. You want to tax them more? How much of their $280 a week take home do you want?

So what? See, this is the stupid arguments Republicans make. So you want Trump to pay the same amount as someone who makes $12,000 a year? Anything more you would consider "unfair"? Dummy

A little slow on the uptake? Because your response to my post didn't address what I said. The rich guy actually pays a hell of a lot more in taxes than you or me. 47% of Americans pay 0 in taxes. That leaves the other 53% to pick up their slack. Out of that 53%, who do you think pays the lion's share of the tax the government takes in? Hint, it isn't Joe Plumber. I never said that the rich shouldn't pay a lot......because they already do. I'll repeat what I said and maybe you'll understand it this time. "And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime." If he pays more in one year than you do in a lifetime, why are you bitching? Why do you feel entitled to someone else's money? Fairness? No, envy.

Think about the person that makes $10 hr and every time they spend $1 they are taxed 6 cents. That is a huge chunk of their income. You want to tax them more? How much of their $280 a week take home do you want?

Hey moron, that's a sales tax. Take it up with his city. The discussion is federal income tax. You might want to saunter on over to the General Discussion forum and discuss your favorite music or gardening tips while the grown ups are talking here.

Forum List

Back