What is enlightenment?

i really don't get that mad or angry or even too disappointed with individuals, anymore....

i was different at one time, until i took my own self evaluation test...going over all of my own sins (faults) thinking back as far as i could, at least 20 years or so...

and I came to realize that although my own shortcomings over the years may have been different than those that have disappointed me or hurt me or angered me, or if religious...had sinned against me somehow...I knew deep inside that I was not perfect myself, in fact, in many ways I thought that I was worse...but I changed....I wasn't the same person... or i was, but didn't know it back then? lol who really knows???

BUT what i did know....as someone who had recently become religious...is that:

- I so desparately wanted to be forgiven for 'the old me' with all those sins and mistakes...including the ability to be able to forgive myself...

- And, that if I was able to change over time due to my own experiences in life, both good and bad, then SO COULD those that upset me now.

- Finally, I understood the meaning behind this passage in the Lord's Prayer...''...forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who have sinned against us....'' If I wanted to receive forgiveness, I had to give the gift of forgiveness to others....

So, I call that a moment or 2 of enlightenment... I don't understand where ''total inclusiveness'' fits in?

care

being at both, i personally think the luxury at Sandals Dunns River Falls All Inclusive is better than sandals montego bay's all inclusive! :)

BRAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I haven't been on an "adult" vacation for almost 7 years......................... :(

we havent been in a while as well...! next year we will be married for 20 years so we are planning to go on an all inclusive...maybe sandals dunns river again...,aybe some place new....not sure yet!

So, I call that a moment or 2 of enlightenment... I don't understand where ''total inclusiveness'' fits in?

care

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated that that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

- Sylvia Boorstein

I've always thought of enlightenment as knowing the Truth. I believe it is an unreachable goal- like perfection- but one worthy of the pursuit. As we live we must accept some perspective on Truth, but any piece of knowledge or methodolgy that helps shape it or confirm it could potentially be a bit of enlightenment. Because in my opinion, ultimate Truth, will be of such a state that all reasonable minds will agree upon its nature.

Forum List

Back