*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

Sorry bout that,

DEATH the meaning by a long time atheist .
you were not and then you were born. you were and then you were not

easy why make it any more complicated , religious nuts are always trying to make it something it isn't
to justify their irrational beliefs cus if there is NOTHING after death they have wasted the life they had

atheist just go out and enjoy life to the fullest while they have it .

here endeth the first lesson

1. So your whole existence is just a fluke of nature, your a product of chance, which has no real worth, or actual value, seeing your basically a mistake.
2. How can a Christian waste something thats a gift, we get hope for free, we get eternal life for free, we learn the basic Christian principles from Jesus through the life he led, and learn how to express that with a kind heart to help the orphans, who know not what life is about, them who live in darkness, without hope.
3. If I'm given a great gift, and it makes me better to receive it, it wittles me down, sharpens my core being towards whats important to my fellow man, and God, giving me a chance to be a better human, sure I'm not always perfect, but sometimes I am, I get to hit the target sometimes, and I miss it too at times.
4. Atheists are not even in the game, lost without any hope, or chance to be well pleasing to God, sure they might think that their self righteous acts, will earn them some cookie points from God someday, but don't count on it.
5. Its like playing cards in Vegas without using money, you show up, and ask for cards, play the game, but have nothing riding on it, you forgot to place your bets, you snatched up your cards with glee, thinking, "Look at this hand, I can't lose, I got for Kings" and yet you have no horse in this race, you haven't even gotten into the game yet, you missed your chance to make a stand.
6. Of course this is a analogy, so don't put too much into it, but draw a parallel from it, to have a better picture from your own realities, some of you have been to Vegas, I am sure.
7. Death is a *Door*, once you pass through it, it closes behind you, where you arrive at depends on what connections you had when you here and were alive, before you get to *deaths door*. ***"Oh what a friend we have in Jesus"***.
8. Its not what you know, its who you know, don't chaa know.
9. Place your bets folks, but remember you do have a lot riding on it, bet wisely.:eek:
10. Oh fear!!!!!:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
well you go on believing all that crap you wrote above
we have free speach here nothing changes
the fact that you think your way is the only way and you are the only ones who have hope for free
i dont remember paying for it along with the satisfaction , peace ,and happiness i have
perhaps ill get a invoice in the mail sometime in the future .

you would lose if we played cards i have all the aces

To an atheist.....your life is a book that you spend your whole life writing

At the end of your life, the book is closed and put away. For some, their book is instantly forgotten. For others, their book is something that is revered and cherished forever

I'm an agnostic, but here:

It's not a matter of what you "want to believe," because an atheists' point of view is not "I choose to believe X or Y," the atheists' point of view is that "there is not significant evidence for x or y, THAT'S why I don't believe it."

It's not so much a choice, but a rationalization of the facts as they see them.

I don't understand is how anyone could say there is no God. From the tiniest details of the planet to the vastness of the universe - it is truly and utterly amazing. So beautiful. And here, Earth, the perfect set up within our solar system to sustain life. The air, the trees, the waters, the mountains, the plains, the whitest of snows, the beautiful creatures....it boggles my mind that anyone would believe it's just an accident and that we came from nothing. With or without the "proof" of seeing God Himself.

Well, unlike you, I can understand it. Complexity does not imply Omniscience. It implies complexity, and that's it.

And there are plenty of other planets that can sustain life. Do some research.

You're only speculating concerning other planets that can sustain life.

I don't understand is how anyone could say there is no God. From the tiniest details of the planet to the vastness of the universe - it is truly and utterly amazing. So beautiful. And here, Earth, the perfect set up within our solar system to sustain life. The air, the trees, the waters, the mountains, the plains, the whitest of snows, the beautiful creatures....it boggles my mind that anyone would believe it's just an accident and that we came from nothing. With or without the "proof" of seeing God Himself.

Well, unlike you, I can understand it. Complexity does not imply Omniscience. It implies complexity, and that's it.

My apologies if I sounded arrogant, but it's just always been that way for me. To me, it is common sense that there is a God, a Creator. Although I didn't truly know who the correct "God" was, until I came to Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now I realize you may think my saying that is arrogant too, but that is what happens through Jesus Christ. We actually KNOW. (Thats why you hear it said, "I once was blind, but now I see.") That's part of the song Amazing Grace, and also in the Bible. And we may stumble, we may fall, even lack in faith sometimes, but He is faithful and reminds us when we stumble, etc.. to confess to Him, to ask for forgiveness, (and He promises to forgive when we do) and to move on.

When we truly seek God He promises He will answer. (Yes, that means praying to Him personally and asking Him, "Are you real?", "What is the truth?".. I really want to know now, God. "Why are there so many religions?" "Who is the true God?" You see, He WILL answer. He is God, He is not a man, that He would lie, He is The God Almighty. The King of kings. He has promised that when we seek Him with full heart and soul, we will find Him. (This is because He knows our hearts, if they are true. If we are set out just to deny Him or mock Him, that won't work)

Many people who say they do not believe say they want "proof" of actually seeing Him. But as it is written in His Word, that is not how it will be for the majority of us while we are alive. He told us so and He told us that blessed are those who believe, but who have not seen. (When Jesus Christ walked the earth).

The first thing we repent of upon coming to the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, is asking forgivness for not believing He IS Who He said He is. We ask for forgiveness for not believing Him. Words cannot describe that moment either. After that point, it still is not easy, sometimes even harder as some friends and family reject us, and actually can be very very very difficult.... but it is more than words can describe to have that knowledge of the truth of this world, and more than anything, knowing His love and learning from Him. My words cannot do Him justice.

As for life elsewhere, I understand what you are saying, however it is not like it is here on earth. I think science is great! I wish I could afford cable so I could watch programs of the like, nature channels, etc. But the difference between you and I is that I give the Glory to God for it all, instead of just "nothing." And I understand that it's impossible for someone to give Him Glory, until they know Him.

Hope that helps and thank you for discussing.

No book can compare to the reliability of the bible.

Sorry bout that,

1. I can't imagine how dark and empty death must seem to an atheist?
2. Does anyone who is an atheist want to share their thoughts about this?
3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The key to your post is the word want.

You see reality is not what you want it to be.

reality is what it is reguardless of how you FEEL.

You choose to believe in a god.

I merely face the reality the facts shows to be in place.

When you face your REAL mortality you feel great.

You see the facts are what makes my beliefs so beautiful.

I face reality and you choose not to.

More power to you dude but you will end up the same place I will after death.......no where.

How can you be so sure it is you who is not facing reality ?

Sorry bout that,

3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why would death being the end be dark and empty or scary?

Isn't it more scary to contemplate that if your religion isn't the right one, or if you've not done enough, been good enough, done the right thing you're going to spend an eternity in hell?

Just sayin'.

Jesus made it easy for all to attain the blessing of everlasting life ,but it requires faith.

If you believe death is the end, there is no abyss of darkness without thought. You're just done. No consciousness, no thought, no feeling, no sound, no light. Just done. Game over.

And you can't use "God says" to debate with atheists. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig. ;)

That being said, I've some very close friends that are atheists and generally speaking, they know the Bible better than most "religious" folks. See, the ones I know actually read it and think about it, trying to sort things out for themselves, as opposed to just parroting it back as it was taught to them.

Personal thought, personal discovery is much better than mass indoctrination and I applaud those who do think for themselves, whether I agree with them or not.

All will taste death except a few but the gift is the resurrection.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

When an atheist dies, he peacefully slips away knowing his life is over :beer:

When a Christian dies, he faces his FINAL EXAM and must justify his life to St Peter. If you screw up......You BURN IN HELL! :FIREdevil:

No one can measure up to Gods
's standard it is freely given . No one can earn their way to eternal life.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

All the ones say death is the way it is and go on about there lives just like non-atheist do. They are good folks with strong morels just like us Christians.

you will upset the christians by saying that they think they are the keepers of the good morals book and yet when they * sin * they blame the devil for it .

us atheists take the blame for any wrong we do we dont have a nasty little devil in the background we can blame for it .

Wrong a true Christian accepts responsibility for his sin and repents of his sins. I don't recall blaming the devil for my sins while in prayer to the most high.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

When a Christian dies, he faces his FINAL EXAM and must justify his life to St Peter. If you screw up......You BURN IN HELL! :FIREdevil:

You talk funny

DEATH the meaning by a long time atheist .
you were not and then you were born. you were and then you were not

easy why make it any more complicated , religious nuts are always trying to make it something it isnt
to justify their irrational beliefs cus if there is NOTHING after death they have wasted the life they had

atheist just go out and enjoy life to the fullest while they have it .

here endeth the first lesson
Yep just like a dog or any other animal on earth.

All the ones say death is the way it is and go on about there lives just like non-atheist do. They are good folks with strong morels just like us Christians.

you will upset the christians by saying that they think they are the keepers of the good morals book and yet when they * sin * they blame the devil for it .

us atheists take the blame for any wrong we do we dont have a nasty little devil in the background we can blame for it .

Wrong a true Christian accepts responsibility for his sin and repents of his sins. I don't recall blaming the devil for my sins while in prayer to the most high.

Ahh such a sneaky qualifier.
Who said anything about only while in prayer?

We are responsible for our own actions no different from your view.

You talk funny

Sorry i suffered a stroke, sometimes it just does not come out right.

We are responsible for our own actions no different from your view.

I agree you are, however based on my experience with many many small c christians they blame others for virtually all of their misfortunes.
Damn immigrants taking my jobs.
etc...

Not really,that is how i ask for forgivness of my sins and i don't end it saying the devil made me do it. But i will say alot of what we see in the world can be attributed to the devil. After all he is referred to as the god of this system.

My apologies if I sounded arrogant, but it's just always been that way for me. To me, it is common sense that there is a God, a Creator. Although I didn't truly know who the correct "God" was, until I came to Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now I realize you may think my saying that is arrogant too, but that is what happens through Jesus Christ. We actually KNOW. (Thats why you hear it said, "I once was blind, but now I see.") That's part of the song Amazing Grace, and also in the Bible. And we may stumble, we may fall, even lack in faith sometimes, but He is faithful and reminds us when we stumble, etc.. to confess to Him, to ask for forgiveness, (and He promises to forgive when we do) and to move on.

When we truly seek God He promises He will answer. (Yes, that means praying to Him personally and asking Him, "Are you real?", "What is the truth?".. I really want to know now, God. "Why are there so many religions?" "Who is the true God?" You see, He WILL answer. He is God, He is not a man, that He would lie, He is The God Almighty. The King of kings. He has promised that when we seek Him with full heart and soul, we will find Him. (This is because He knows our hearts, if they are true. If we are set out just to deny Him or mock Him, that won't work)

Many people who say they do not believe say they want "proof" of actually seeing Him. But as it is written in His Word, that is not how it will be for the majority of us while we are alive. He told us so and He told us that blessed are those who believe, but who have not seen. (When Jesus Christ walked the earth).

The first thing we repent of upon coming to the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, is asking forgivness for not believing He IS Who He said He is. We ask for forgiveness for not believing Him. Words cannot describe that moment either. After that point, it still is not easy, sometimes even harder as some friends and family reject us, and actually can be very very very difficult.... but it is more than words can describe to have that knowledge of the truth of this world, and more than anything, knowing His love and learning from Him. My words cannot do Him justice.

As for life elsewhere, I understand what you are saying, however it is not like it is here on earth. I think science is great! I wish I could afford cable so I could watch programs of the like, nature channels, etc. But the difference between you and I is that I give the Glory to God for it all, instead of just "nothing." And I understand that it's impossible for someone to give Him Glory, until they know Him.

Hope that helps and thank you for discussing.

No book can compare to the reliability of the bible.

Really? Which one?

Bible Version Chart

Forum List

Back