*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

Sorry bout that,

If you believe death is the end, there is no abyss of darkness without thought. You're just done. No consciousness, no thought, no feeling, no sound, no light. Just done. Game over.

And you can't use "God says" to debate with atheists. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig. ;)

That being said, I've some very close friends that are atheists and generally speaking, they know the Bible better than most "religious" folks. See, the ones I know actually read it and think about it, trying to sort things out for themselves, as opposed to just parroting it back as it was taught to them.

Personal thought, personal discovery is much better than mass indoctrination and I applaud those who do think for themselves, whether I agree with them or not.

1. Yeah you may be onto something, the pig singing line was fantastic! I might add.
2. But I take this seriously, I know some of this might get through, where I constantly beat these atheists, its like moral instructions, over time some sinks in, and can have an affect.
3. I only hope so, and many others do too.
4. Anyway you made a great post, but I don't think an atheist truly understands what they read of the Bible, they don't have an open heart for it, so it stays out.
5. They go to it to destroy it, nothing else, so sad.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. I can't imagine how dark and empty death must seem to an atheist?
2. Does anyone who is an atheist want to share their thoughts about this?
3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Normally I wouldn't respond to your religious insanity but you seem to be on your meds enough to pose a responsible question.

#1 There is nothing to imagine.

#2 Not really

#3 It gives me more reason to make what I do have in life more meaningful.

1. Huggy where have you been, one of the most illustrious atheists and out spoken atheists on this site, and you didn't get into the other atheist thread I started????
2. What happened to you?
3. Also be advised I take no meds, uscitizen and jill girl have been starting that rumor.
4. Anyway, so *The End* works great for you, lights out game over huh?
5. Do not pass go, etc?
6. No collecting the 200 dollars?
7. Just kidding.
8. What kinda of life could anyone live worth living if they knew it was a *Dead End* road to *nothingness* when we are dead?
9. That leads to the age old question, "To be or not to be that is the question"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

If you believe death is the end, there is no abyss of darkness without thought. You're just done. No consciousness, no thought, no feeling, no sound, no light. Just done. Game over.

And you can't use "God says" to debate with atheists. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig. ;)

That being said, I've some very close friends that are atheists and generally speaking, they know the Bible better than most "religious" folks. See, the ones I know actually read it and think about it, trying to sort things out for themselves, as opposed to just parroting it back as it was taught to them.

Personal thought, personal discovery is much better than mass indoctrination and I applaud those who do think for themselves, whether I agree with them or not.

1. Yeah you may be onto something, the pig singing line was fantastic! I might add.

Just remember that pigs are much more intelligent than sheep.

2. But I take this seriously, I know some of this might get through, where I constantly beat these atheists, its like moral instructions, over time some sinks in, and can have an affect.

You haven't beaten any atheists on this board with your arguments. Morality is a choice some make it some don't. How many of you religious sheep ask for absolution of your sins? One cannot undo a wrong they have committed and certainly some priest telling you to say a hail Mary is not recompense for a wrong. The worst, most judgmental and intolerant people I know are bible thumpers.

3. I only hope so, and many others do too.

4. Anyway you made a great post, but I don't think an atheist truly understands what they read of the Bible, they don't have an open heart for it, so it stays out

I find it impossible to close my mind in order to accept the fiction of the bible. And btw the heart is nothing but a muscle that pumps blood. The mind is the seat of humanity. And we already know what you think about the exercise of the mind through freedom of thought.

5. They go to it to destroy it, nothing else, so sad.

More destruction has been wrought in the name of a god than in the name of man.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

3. And can you explain why I would want what you believe in about death, and being dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Normally I wouldn't respond to your religious insanity but you seem to be on your meds enough to pose a responsible question.

#2 Not really

1. Huggy where have you been, one of the most illustrious atheists and out spoken atheists on this site, and you didn't get into the other atheist thread I started????
2. What happened to you?
3. also be advised I take no meds, uscitizen and jill girl have been starting that rumor.
4. Anyway, so *The End* works great for you, lights out game over huh?
5. Do not pass go, etc?
6. No collecting the 200 dollars?
7. Just kidding.
8. What kinda of life could anyone live worth living if they knew it was a *Dead End* road to *nothingness* when we are dead?
9. That leads to the age old question, "To be or not to be that is the question"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'll take 4,5 and 6 Bob.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

All the ones say death is the way it is and go on about there lives just like non-atheist do. They are good folks with strong morels just like us Christians.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why would death being the end be dark and empty or scary?

Isn't it more scary to contemplate that if your religion isn't the right one, or if you've not done enough, been good enough, done the right thing you're going to spend an eternity in hell?

Just sayin'.

Best post of the thread. I'm an atheist and I've never heard this argument, well done and rep'd.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why are you so afraid of death that you have to invent stories about going to some happier place?

Death is part of life. You live your life, kick some ass and then it is over. Your life story is like a book. When its over, the book is closed and put on a shelf. If it was a good story, others will read it...if not, it will collect dust

What is so scary about that?

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

What you're really telling us in the above is that you cannot imagine your own non-existence where words like dark and empty would be entirely meaningless.

Nobody really can imagine nothingness. Not Believers, not atheists, either.

Sorry bout that,

I'm an agnostic, but here:

It's not a matter of what you "want to believe," because an atheists' point of view is not "I choose to believe X or Y," the atheists' point of view is that "there is not significant evidence for x or y, THAT'S why I don't believe it."

It's not so much a choice, but a rationalization of the facts as they see them.

1. So do you feel sort of *hopeless*?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why would that make someone feel hopeless? Live for today. This is the only life you get...use it well and enjoy.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

When an atheist dies, he peacefully slips away knowing his life is over :beer:

When a Christian dies, he faces his FINAL EXAM and must justify his life to St Peter. If you screw up......You BURN IN HELL! :FIREdevil:

One can be an athiest without being anti-Religion. Religion is a positive thing for alot of people. One can also believe in God, but maybe not believe in a certain religions idea of what God is. Certain people believe that God is the Universe. Pagans believe in multiple Gods. Go figure. ~BH

This quote kinda sums it up for me:

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

— Richard Dawkins

All the ones say death is the way it is and go on about there lives just like non-atheist do. They are good folks with strong morels just like us Christians.

Agreed.

With the caveat that atheists aren't moral because there is some daddy figure in the sky, waiting to either punish or reward them for the bad and good that they do.

They choose to do good things, be good people just because. I respect that immensely.

I've had my fill of "religious" people who were so hypocritical and some downright evil, all the while looking down on atheists who were the better people by far.

One can be an athiest without being anti-Religion. Religion is a positive thing for alot of people. One can also believe in God, but maybe not believe in a certain religions idea of what God is. Certain people believe that God is the Universe. Pagans believe in multiple Gods. Go figure. ~BH

Yep. I am against those who use religion for their own non christian purposes.

If anyone burns in hell they surely will.

I have good friends who are good christians, even preachers.
I also know preachers who preach fear and hatred from the pulpit. They are not friends of mine. Nor of God I would suspect.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

#2 Not really

What kinda of life could anyone live worth living if they knew it was a *Dead End* road to *nothingness* when we are dead?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why are you so anxiously awaiting death? I suppose if it helps you get through the day believing in fairy tales...

I live a fun, happy, loving life, helping others and being the best person I possibly can. Why would any rational logical thinking human do otherwise.

But mainly; WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would get old quickly.

I like Geroge....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o]YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.[/ame]

Religion is the best scam going. 10% dues all your life for a payoff after you are dead?

Heck SS is even better than that.

Atheist Ayn Rand's philosophy was "I will not die--it's the world that will end."

New Topics

Forum List

Back