CDZ What is Capitalism

Of course you were angry. Thats why you claimed I didnt have any will power even though I never said that. Its ok.

No the number is not small. Come on. You know that doesnt even make sense. If the number was small the companies wouldnt invest in marketing.

Again I never claimed commercials over come your will power but keep dropping deflections. I'm used to people doing that when they cant support their argument.

Marketing is about information. Why should I buy a Chevy instead of a Ford? That's what marketing is for. What you are describing is cultural. It has nothing to do with marketing. Marketing can only affect that which already exists.
Ok West. If you want to pretend information is the extent of marketing I dont really know what to say other than you need to read some books and case studies on marketing. The main point of marketing is to separate you from your money. If there were no laws in place to stop them they would claim you will live forever if you drove a Buick.

Only the weak minded buy because of an advertisement

But then again politicians have used marketing psychology to sell the sheep on the idea that government actually has their best interests at heart

Conclusion most people are weak minded sheep
Wait. You now believe in marketing psychology or you are claiming only politicians do it?

Where did I say I didn't believe in it?

It works on the weak minded the problem is that most people are weak minded
I thought you were West for a minute.

As far as I can tell, it is a political system in which highly gifted commoners can, with a lot of hard work, AND a bit of luck, attain equality before the law with those who were born into privilege.

Did I forget anything essential?

I mean sure, some may want to invoke whimsical terms like "free market" and "merit based," but lets try to stick with what has actually ever existed in reality.

I prefer more 'granularity' in the term, with two main distinctions; financial capitalism and industrial capitalism. they intermix with each other but are still distinct 'specialties' imo. But yes, neither are noted for being meritocracies in real life, particularly financial capitalism, but industrialism provides a better environment for merit to rise.

As for monopolies, they are the natural, and mostly inevitable, result of 'free markets', so it's best to just let them develop and then regulate them as best as possible; otherwise a system is just pointlessly re-inventing the wheel over and over and over again. Providing a lot more protections for start-ups and reigning in patent pooling is a major necessity as well.

Forum List

Back