What is Brady's condition?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
Somebody made the point the other day that getting rid of Cassel wasn't the best option because of Brady's foot. Any truth to it?

His foot?

First I've heard of a foot issue ...

Achilles? whatever kept him out of most of last year.

Oh, his knee. He tore his ACL.

They were between a rock and a hard place with Cassel. His contract was up at the end of the season and after putting up a good performance he earned a long term contract. Unfortunately, the Patriots couldn't afford to sign Cassel long term. In order to do so they would have had to sacrifce big time at other positions to have Cassel and Brady both signed to big contracts. They franchised him so they could get some value with a trade but that was also a risk because if they couldn't move him they would have had like 26 million tied up in one position. That sucks royally in a salary cap league. Basically, in order to keep Cassel the Pats would have had to give up on Brady before even giving the guy a chance to step back on the field. That was NEVER going to happen.

• Banned
His foot?

First I've heard of a foot issue ...

They were between a rock and a hard place with Cassel. His contract was up at the end of the season and after putting up a good performance he earned a long term contract. Unfortunately, the Patriots couldn't afford to sign Cassel long term. In order to do so they would have had to sacrifce big time at other positions to have Cassel and Brady both signed to big contracts. They franchised him so they could get some value with a trade but that was also a risk because if they couldn't move him they would have had like 26 million tied up in one position. That sucks royally in a salary cap league. Basically, in order to keep Cassel the Pats would have had to give up on Brady before even giving the guy a chance to step back on the field. That was NEVER going to happen.

I am not so sure Cassel will do that well in KC without Randy Moss and Wes Welker anyway. NE's third stringer probaby wouldn't be all that bad come hell or high water.

I am not so sure Cassel will do that well in KC without Randy Moss and Wes Welker anyway. NE's third stringer probaby wouldn't be all that bad come hell or high water.

The jury is still out on Cassel but I can say with certainty that I would take an 85% Brady over him any day of the week and especially twice on Sunday.

• Banned

The jury is still out on Cassel but I can say with certainty that I would take an 85% Brady over him any day of the week and especially twice on Sunday.

oh for sure.

Forum List

Back