What is as.forumfoundry.com?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
This is what slows my access to this site on days like today. As I stare impatiently at the sickly pukey off white blank screen and it says as.forumfoundry.com.

This is what slows my access to this site on days like today. As I stare impatiently at the sickly pukey off white blank screen and it says as.forumfoundry.com.

I'm just kind of guessing, but I think it's an advertising thing. I think forumfoundry might be associated with the owners of the site or maybe they just provide some kinda advertising service to the site. I think I saw somewhere once where there was contact info for here and the email addy was @forumfoundry.com. If you use a browser like Firefox (maybe others, I dunno) you can block content from whatever domain you want, so you can make it so you don't see ads or whatever from specific domains. I think the add-on you want is called adsense, but I'm not 100% sure. maybe someone else can jump in and help, I'm not very technical. :)

Actually Amanda ... that's a great explanation. FireFox has a little add on called "No Script" that makes it easy to do so.

If you weren't such a doosh I'd tell you how to fix that problem.

:lol:

I understand that you don't want to help RGS...

...but why don't you quit being a doosh and help me?

:lol::lol::lol:
Kitten gave it away...not sure if her master is going to be too happy with her telling us all how to not see ads and drive down revenue. :eusa_whistle:

Kitten gave it away...not sure if her master is going to be too happy with her telling us all how to not see ads and drive down revenue. :eusa_whistle:

The funny thing is, I only see one ad on this entire website: US Law for JABLOWMES

The actual ads are on the site itself, but scripting has gone a little over board in many sites so it slows things down. Also, most of the scripts NoScript blocks don't even work on all devices or browsers. I have to block most of them because while programming in my IDE it's impossible to do anything with too much "stuff" happening in the browser, also it makes it easier to surf and work on multiple sites.

The funny thing is, I only see one ad on this entire website: US Law for JABLOWMES
Really? I don't even see that one.

Really? I don't even see that one.

Actually, there are two, one to the left for sponsers (I only see MSNBC links show and they changed their ad so now the banner doesn't show) and in the middle of the forum there is the "US Law for Jabrones" topic.

Thing is, script blocking is the norm and many office computers have ALL scripts blocked. The thing is I support it for one reason, security. Many scripts can be used for malicious content and with all the redirects, web rings, banner rolls, etc. you can never be sure. With Linux we have the bonus of not being able to get virus', but we still can be attacked through some scripts. Flash programs are the worst, and Adobe has no plans on closing their security loopholes, Java is annoying if you don't want to use it, but at least Sun is keeping up with it. Scripts can initiate programs like these. While I am all for advertising, advertisers need to adapt with the trends as well and knowing that most of us are already using these blockers should tell them that they need to find a better way anyhow. I send emails to legit companies all the time when I notice that their ads are being blocked, I hadn't known there was one on here that I missed though but I can't get an email to them yet. I sent one to MSNBC recently, but often one voice is ignored so it would surprise me if they actually change it. I learned about advertising back when the web was still growing, and the ideals really haven't changed, but too many programmers are too arrogant to admit that their "super" ads are largely ignored.

Rant mode ended ... sorry all if I annoyed you with it.

Forum List

Back