What is Apple Watch?

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Frequently when I click from a thread to the forum I go to a place called Apple Watch where it tells me I have to log in. When I hit the back button to get back to USMB I am logged out.

What's up with that?

Dunno what that is, but on occasion my computer acts funny on this site.

Not only that, but every time I sign on, Firefox tells me that this site isn't secure, and on occasion, I will get a "site not secure" page, and if I want to stay on USMB, I have to hit the back button.

Probably an ad or somebody's link to another site it's piggy-backing on. Most of the 'slowdowns' I get are from multiple posts that have links to images on slow sites that at some points in time choke the board. 'Apple Watch' is just that, a silly watch Apple came up with to peddle to mindless consumers who have no lives.

upload_2017-8-26_11-56-0.png

Not only that, but every time I sign on, Firefox tells me that this site isn't secure, and on occasion, I will get a "site not secure" page, and if I want to stay on USMB, I have to hit the back button.

It should be telling you that on every message board, at least before you're logged in. As having to hit the back button, don't know what is up with that. Sometimes the add-ons cause conflicts with each other.

It should be telling you that on every message board, at least before you're logged in. As having to hit the back button, don't know what is up with that. Sometimes the add-ons cause conflicts with each other.

Well, there is another message board, and while it says that on the initial sign in, it goes away after that. It's one of the boards that was created by a member who used to post here. That's all I'm going to say about that.

But no, the other message board never gives me the "site unsecure, hit back button" page.

Well, there is another message board, and while it says that on the initial sign in, it goes away after that. .

I visit five at least once a week each, and that's the norm for me.

But no, the other message board never gives me the "site unsecure, hit back button" page.

I never get that here, but it gets weirdly slow. I just clear my cache only, then disable images, as the latter seems to be the major problem according to my little window thing in the lower left corner, and after loading the page with images blocked I will just re-enable them and re-load if I see something I want to 'agree' with or whatever and sign in. Sounds like a security setting in one of your add-ons, is my best guess; my latest add on required it be installed before a couple I already had installed, so I just deleted those, installed that one, then re-installed the others. One or two just sucked and I un-installed those, others are spyware themselves.

Does it do that in every thread or forum, or just one?
Just internal navigation at USMB and only at random. I will click to go from page 3 to page 4 and end up at a different site.

Strange.

Sounds like some spammer software that bypasses your redirect blockers or something. I get that once in a great while; it tries to pop up a window and then gets blitzed and goes away. I flush my cache if I catch something like that.

Forum List

Back