What is an independent? Do they realize

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
That they should have some set of Morales and beliefs?

I really cannot understand what any-one sees in BHO, but I can respect that they at least have a belief

How can you go through life with not having any-thing to believe in?
I mean Libs believe in abortion
gay marriage
Taking wealth from one and giving it to another
and when did the father in an event that an un-born child was involved lose his choice?

Any-way how can one year see this as the right direction and the GOP being the right direction the next time?

I really cannot understand what any-one sees in BHO, but I can respect that they at least have a belief

gay marriage
and when did the father in an event that an un-born child was involved lose his choice?

Any-way how can one year see this as the right direction and the GOP being the right direction the next time?

YIKES !!!

Obviously the definition of "independent" escapes you.

It does not mean that one has no morals or values .. it means that neither party believes in or supports one values .. thus they free themselves from the idiocy of partisanship and can vote for issues instead of a letter behind ones name.

Frankly, they are often more firm in their resolve about ISSUES than the partisans who will swallow whatever they're told to swallow.

But I understand the need to go trolling for disaffected republicans. :0)

gay marriage

YIKES !!!

It does not mean that one has no morals or values .. it means that neither party believes in or supports one values .. thus they free themselves from the idiocy of partisanship and can vote for issues instead of a letter behind ones name.

Frankly, they are often more firm in their resolve about ISSUES than the partisans who will swallow whatever they're told to swallow.

You were quicker than I was in getting to this thread.

I consider myself independent, but it is not because I don't have any moral values. I have values that I believe neither party comes close to representing and I have values that I believe are anti-thetical to both parties. For instance, I believe the leaders of both parties are corrupt individuals who have sold themselves for the power they expect to receive in office.

I cannot in good conscience support either party. I am opposed to abortion and Affirmative Action. Because of their stance on issues such as these, I cannot in good conscience align myself with the Democrats. I also support certain social safety nets such as welfare (although I believe it should be modified along with Social Security), because of their stance on social safety nets, I cannot in good conscience support Republicans either.

When I look at the issues I find so many that I disagree with both parties on that I will not choose a party ever again.

Independent does not mean that one does not believe in anything. It means one does not agree with either party enough to follow along as their sheep.

Immie

I think this is the funniest take on "Independents" that I've ever seen.

Are you saying that the only "morals or beliefs" that one can have are those of the Democratic Party or the Republican Party?

gay marriage

YIKES !!!

I consider myself independent, but it is not because I don't have any moral values. I have values that I believe neither party comes close to representing and I have values that I believe are anti-thetical to both parties. For instance, I believe the leaders of both parties are corrupt individuals who have sold themselves for the power they expect to receive in office.

I cannot in good conscience support either party. I am opposed to abortion and Affirmative Action. Because of their stance on issues such as these, I cannot in good conscience align myself with the Democrats. I also support certain social safety nets such as welfare (although I believe it should be modified along with Social Security), because of their stance on social safety nets, I cannot in good conscience support Republicans either.

When I look at the issues I find so many that I disagree with both parties on that I will not choose a party ever again.

Independent does not mean that one does not believe in anything. It means one does not agree with either party enough to follow along as their sheep.

Immie

The problem with being an independent in some states is being unable to vote in the primaries.. Aren't you in Florida?

gay marriage

YIKES !!!

I believe that one should have set of values that guides them. That is not being partisan, that is who and what we are as people
Wealth being taxed is a value
Abortion is a value, or ones stance in the issue is a value
Having a president who respects local jurisdiction in a matter that has not had its day in court yet is a value
I have no desire to troll for any-one. A conservative remains one for reasons that have nothing to do with politics. The issue i have with liberals is you can no longer find one who will debate the issues, they lose 100% of the time in that arena and they know it, or should I say they refuse to admit there beliefs to be debated

Then you have what is called an "independent"
And you are telling me that this person has resolve to, well resolve what?
I mean what drives a person who has no core values?
Political values comes from who and what that person

A liberal values abortion, or a choice that the man gets left out in that choice
He/she values taking wealth from one and giving it another in numbers that will only do harm to both in time
A conservative values the free market, he/she values the constitution
How do you value only parts of it? is this what the independent does?

That is the same as a lib

It is not about mandating identification tags, its about who and what that person is

As a lib you respond as though this is about trolling, a fully expected response. As a lib you have values that make you that person
That is just the way it is

YIKES !!!

Immie

The problem with being an independent in some states is being unable to vote in the primaries.. Aren't you in Florida?

I am. At first it bothered me that I could not vote in the primary, but then I realized that it really didn't matter. For instance, this year I could register as a Democrat and vote for Bush III or I could register as a Republican and vote for Bush IV, regardless of which of the Republicans I voted for. It makes so little difference in the overall scheme of thing.

Romney was going to win before the first vote was cast. Nothing I did or anyone else did would have changed it.

Immie

gay marriage

YIKES !!!

Immie

So just because I believe in those values that one would call a conservative, why do you think I am a sheep?
So what your saying is you do not vote, but you spend time on a political discussion board?
I have voted for Dems in the past, before the far left took it over and Obama mandated vote with him or else

Being a conservative not long ago did not make you GOP all the time. GWB was not a physical conservative

YIKES !!!

Immie

That is home with no work
On the road headed to Texas to work until T-Giving
Thank god for that evil oil, BHO has most of his jobs out of a hand-full of states
Texas is one of them

gay marriage

YIKES !!!

I believe that one should have set of values that guides them. That is not being partisan, that is who and what we are as people
Having a president who respects local jurisdiction in a matter that has not had its day in court yet is a value
I have no desire to troll for any-one. A conservative remains one for reasons that have nothing to do with politics. The issue i have with liberals is you can no longer find one who will debate the issues, they lose 100% of the time in that arena and they know it, or should I say they refuse to admit there beliefs to be debated

A liberal values abortion, or a choice that the man gets left out in that choice
He/she values taking wealth from one and giving it another in numbers that will only do harm to both in time

It is not about mandating identification tags, its about who and what that person is

As a lib you respond as though this is about trolling, a fully expected response. As a lib you have values that make you that person

So, what if someones values and morals don't align with either party? Or, what if some of their morals and values align to the left, and other of their morals and values align to the right?

I don't understand how you can think that everybody can be squeezed into belonging to the left or the right. People's personalities and thought patterns are infinitely diverse. If anything, you're completely backwards on this subject. People have to give up some of their values or morals just to fit into a party. Or do you think that every single republican, and every single democrat, have the exact same values and morals?

Independent voters run this country

They decide who will be President, who will be elected at all levels

Independents are actually just Republicans who hate themselves. They know that the GObP/pubs/bags hate the US and vote only to take it down. They know that pub politicians only want to send jobs and and money out of the US and they know that the GOP is dead, laying in a ditch, smelling up the countryside and that the new GObP is anti-America, anti-American, anti-Constitution and, as much as they can see that this half-breed prez has pulled us back from the brink, well, dammit, he's still a half-breed they so hung up with their own fear and suspicion they just can't quite bring themselves to support him on the basis of the rather astounding work he has done.

Poor schlubs. They know they're voting for the end of their own country but they just don't know what else to do. So, they turn on fux and get more lying shit shoved down their throat.

Sorry, but its true.

YIKES !!!

Immie

So just because I believe in those values that one would call a conservative, why do you think I am a sheep?
So what your saying is you do not vote, but you spend time on a political discussion board?
I have voted for Dems in the past, before the far left took it over and Obama mandated vote with him or else

Being a conservative not long ago did not make you GOP all the time. GWB was not a physical conservative

Where did I say I did not vote?

You made the false claim that people who call themselves independent have no moral values. That is utterly false. In fact, I would state exactly the opposite. People who are partisan supporters of their party have no moral values. They get fed their values from the party they worship.

Also, I did not say you were a sheep.

The reason I will not align myself with either party is because I see both parties as immoral. I honestly do not see any good coming from either party. They fight to divide this nation and it sickens me. Both parties have similar goals but have taken different routes to achieve those goals.

You mentioned the abortion issue. Because I am so deeply opposed to abortion, I cannot support the Democratic Party. On the other hand, there is truth to the left wing rhetoric when they say that Republicans defend the lives of unborn children until such time as they become born then they dump those same children in the laps of the mother that they forced to carry that same child.

The reason I am independent is because neither party represents the values that I hold and I tend to believe that my values are somewhat conservative. Feeding hungry children is a conservative value, not a liberal value. Unfortunately conservatives have allowed liberals to steal that issue from underneath them.

Being independent is simply not letting anyone else define your system of beliefs. As I said, feeding hungry children is a conservative value... so why do liberals own it today?

Immie

YIKES !!!

So, what if someones values and morals don't align with either party? Or, what if some of their morals and values align to the left, and other of their morals and values align to the right?

I don't understand how you can think that everybody can be squeezed into belonging to the left or the right. People's personalities and thought patterns are infinitely diverse. If anything, you're completely backwards on this subject. People have to give up some of their values or morals just to fit into a party. Or do you think that every single republican, and every single democrat, have the exact same values and morals?

I do not think that. But if you support BHO or GWB there is a set of "some" values that
drive your support

I am going to be honest with you, the GOP is at best center right and the Democratic party has fell of the cliff left
Abortion is the one issue and marriage of gays that the GOP is that much different than the Dems today
GWB spent so much of our money on so many social programs it amazes me how the left treated him

I guess to me there has to be a defining issue that is your political compass. BTW I am a registered Democrat so I can vote in the local elections (primaries)
Again I have voted for Dems in the past, but sense the mid 90s the blue dog was run off

I do not think that. But if you support BHO or GWB there is a set of "some" values that
drive your support

I am going to be honest with you, the GOP is at best center right and the Democratic party has fell of the cliff left
Abortion is the one issue and marriage of gays that the GOP is that much different than the Dems today
GWB spent so much of our money on so many social programs it amazes me how the left treated him

I guess to me there has to be a defining issue that is your political compass. BTW I am a registered Democrat so I can vote in the local elections (primaries)
Again I have voted for Dems in the past, but sense the mid 90s the blue dog was run off

The difference between you and I is that you are alright with aligning yourself with a party. Although, I used to do so as well, I cannot in good conscience do so any longer because I believe that the Republican Party, which I believe is closer to my stance in most cases, is just as corrupt as the Democratic Party.

I voted for Bush twice. I almost died when he signed the Patriot Act because I believe that to be completely un-american. There were so many things that President Bush did that really bothered me. By the time he was in his fifth year as President, I could not stand him.

When it came to the 2008 election, I wanted to vote for Obama, but, in the long run, I found him to be no more trustworthy than Bush and I decided on a protest vote for Barr. Not because I wanted Barr to win, but because I am sickened by party politics and partisanship.

What you seem to be suggesting is that a person cannot hold moral values if he/she is not alignned with one party or another. I disagree. To agree with you, I suppose I would have to believe that either party had any morality and to be quite honest with you, I don't beleive that.

Abortion? Republicans talk about opposing it... talk is damned cheap.

Immie

Most of the country is either slightly left of center or slightly right of center. Neither party fully represents what independents want......

So the vote for least objectionable

Most of the country is either slightly left of center or slightly right of center. Neither party fully represents what independents want......

Good point. I think for me the problem... beyond the corruption issue... is that I see some of my values as being represented by the GOP and some of my values being scorned by the GOP and the same goes for the DNC.

Being pro-life is good as far as the GOP is concerned but if you are pro-life the DNC despises you. Then again, for me another issue is welfare. The GOP is all for forcing a young woman in an unwanted pregnancy to carry the child for 9 months but from the time of birth on, they want her to fend for herself.

So what does a truly pro-life person do? Let me say this as far as I am concerned the truly pro-life person doesn't demand she bring the child to life and then make her fend for herself. Which party does he or she support? The party that would kill the child in the womb or the party that would let the child starve if mom does not care for it properly?

Immie

I must assume for your previous post you would be a Lib
What one belief swings you that way?

My biggest issue with the Democratic party is the lack of honesty
I am being serious
BHO claiming he has created any jobs is a lie
His portrayal of GM being a success is a huge lie
I also think that the race issue has long been dead as well as gender. Move on
I have serious heartburn with class warfare
Abortion(s) are to easy and not allowing the man in having a say in that event is wrong, as to me the event its self is not right
A legal union between 2 men, as much as I have heart burn with it, is okay with me. They need that legal event for obvious reasons
Tax policy of course

Good point. I think for me the problem... beyond the corruption issue... is that I see some of my values as being represented by the GOP and some of my values being scorned by the GOP and the same goes for the DNC.

Being pro-life is good as far as the GOP is concerned but if you are pro-life the DNC despises you. Then again, for me another issue is welfare. The GOP is all for forcing a young woman in an unwanted pregnancy to carry the child for 9 months but from the time of birth on, they want her to fend for herself.

So what does a truly pro-life person do? Let me say this as far as I am concerned the truly pro-life person doesn't demand she bring the child to life and then make her fend for herself. Which party does he or she support? The party that would kill the child in the womb or the party that would let the child starve if mom does not care for it properly?

Immie

Regardless of your views, abortion is here to stay

The only option is to reduce the need for abortions. Programs such as Planned Parenthood, sex education, open access to birth control, free or low cost prenatal care, child care.......all reduce the need for an abortion

All are opposed by Republicans

I must assume for your previous post you would be a Lib
What one belief swings you that way?

My biggest issue with the Democratic party is the lack of honesty
I am being serious
BHO claiming he has created any jobs is a lie
His portrayal of GM being a success is a huge lie
I also think that the race issue has long been dead as well as gender. Move on
I have serious heartburn with class warfare
Abortion(s) are to easy and not allowing the man in having a say in that event is wrong, as to me the event its self is not right
A legal union between 2 men, as much as I have heart burn with it, is okay with me. They need that legal event for obvious reasons
Tax policy of course

There is not one thing in those statements that I do not agree with completely and have stated most in the past except that I do not believe the race/gender issue are dead, but only becuase the parties won't allow them to die.

You have made the statement that because I consider myself to be "independent", I have no moral values.

Do you believe these are not moral values? Because if I hold those same values, then I must have at least some moral values.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back