What is an athiest's problem with those who have faith?

I got into a discussion with a colleague the other day that really has me thinking. I am by no means the perfect model of a follower of Christ. However, my Catholic faith is strong. My colleague saw my confirmation rosary the other day and being the self avowed athiest that he is felt the need to ask me to defend my faith. This exchange got me thinking. What the hell do they care? I for one do not that he has no faith, why would he feel the need to question mine?

That is my question. Why do athiests feel the need to have faith explained to them. Why can they not simply accept that some people believe what they believe on faith alone? Why do they feel the need to ridicule those that have faith and constantly hound those that harbor a faith in God for a defense of something that cannot be defined, but by faith alone?

Let see, why do I bother people that have faith--I personally like to see from other people's perspectives. In general, I do not really care what a persons believe, but how their belief system works for them. Funny thing about it, I sometimes pose as a believer to avoid the really fanatical types. The ones that make a casual conversation "uncomfortable"

Now why did your friend challenge you? Ask him. Even we atheists on this board do not behave the same.

OH YEAH. Please, MANIFOLD-- EVANGELIZE ATHEISM!!

Forum List

Back