What is an athiest's problem with those who have faith?

I belong to another message board and brought up this very topic. There is not one mention of religion there exc when someone says "Say a prayer" or "God rest his soul" or "Merry Christmas" Yet when these kind words are written the atheists come out of the woodwork to attack the messengers with anti-God hate filled retorts. Atheism is one of the most radical and intolerant religions.
I am sure you are giving us an entirely unbiased description. :eusa_whistle:

Besides you just contradicted your first sentance in your second.

I see no contradiction in my first twoi sentences. But I admit my bias. Decent people are preferable to assholes. Guilty as charged. Lol

I belong to another message board and brought up this very topic. There is not one mention of religion there exc when someone says "Say a prayer" or "God rest his soul" or "Merry Christmas" Yet when these kind words are written the atheists come out of the woodwork to attack the messengers with anti-God hate filled retorts. Atheism is one of the most radical and intolerant religions.
I am sure you are giving us an entirely unbiased description. :eusa_whistle:

Besides you just contradicted your first sentance in your second.

I see no contradiction in my first twoi sentences. But I admit my bias. Decent people are preferable to assholes. Guilty as charged. Lol
You say there is not one mention of religion on your other message board yet you say you brought the subject up. That's a contradiction.

Charging me with being an asshole though I've never called you any names? How decent of you. Must be your religion that makes you so honorable. :lol:

That Christian is more of a myth than anything else. Yes Jehovah's will hit your house on a regular basis...but so do encyclopedia and vacuum cleaner salesmen.

By and large, the more offensive are the non-believers who think they are within their "rights" and who think they OWE it to humanity to de-value Christians...and who meanwhile are honestly just trying to find an argument convincing enough to save them.
How many atheist groups do you see attacking certain groups for their life style or choices?
Plus the fact we represent a much smaller part of the population there is real no way we would have a larger number of offensive people. Christians control this country and someone is not a christian is going to be the outsider along with being questioned about their beliefs more often than christian will be. So stop acting like you are the wounded party.

jb is an atheist that continually attacks those that do not believe the same as him, while he continually tries to convert believers in to nonbelievers, why does he get a ''pass''?

Atheists like him and another 5 or ten of them here on site, do attack the lifestyle and behaviors of christians luissa....????

care
and how many so called christians attack homosexuals for their life style on here? A lot more than the atheist who attack the christians.
And as for JB, he is not even worth worrying about.

Can’t we simply concede that there are a few bad apples in every basket? There are a few pesky Christian busy-bodies bothering atheists and a few pesky atheist busy-bodies bothering Christians and leave it at that. Agreed?

Can’t we simply concede that there are a few bad apples in every basket? There are a few pesky Christian busy-bodies bothering atheists and a few pesky atheist busy-bodies bothering Christians and leave it at that. Agreed?

Great post Matt. But if everyone did as you so rationally suggested we'd have no debate, no flames and .... no fun. :lol:

How many atheist groups do you see attacking certain groups for their life style or choices?
Plus the fact we represent a much smaller part of the population there is real no way we would have a larger number of offensive people. Christians control this country and someone is not a christian is going to be the outsider along with being questioned about their beliefs more often than christian will be. So stop acting like you are the wounded party.

jb is an atheist that continually attacks those that do not believe the same as him, while he continually tries to convert believers in to nonbelievers, why does he get a ''pass''?

Atheists like him and another 5 or ten of them here on site, do attack the lifestyle and behaviors of christians luissa....????

care
and how many so called christians attack homosexuals for their life style on here? A lot more than the atheist who attack the christians.
And as for JB, he is not even worth worrying about.

who is, a lot more? pale, charlie, glockmail when he was here more....who else starts threads attacking them and have they posted 50 threads in 2 weeks on it like JB? trust me, not one side or group is any better than the other on this.....at least from my perspective and mostly from the sidelines....

care

I got into a discussion with a colleague the other day that really has me thinking. I am by no means the perfect model of a follower of Christ. However, my Catholic faith is strong. My colleague saw my confirmation rosary the other day and being the self avowed athiest that he is felt the need to ask me to defend my faith. This exchange got me thinking. What the hell do they care? I for one do not that he has no faith, why would he feel the need to question mine?
You'd have to ask this colleague why. But I will say he sounds as if he has had bad experiences in life with people of faith harrassing him and voluntaring to s-a-v-e him

That is my question. Why do athiests feel the need to have faith explained to them. Why can they not simply accept that some people believe what they believe on faith alone? Why do they feel the need to ridicule those that have faith and constantly hound those that harbor a faith in God for a defense of something that cannot be defined, but by faith alone?
One can accept another has faith and still ridicule them for that absurdity without being inconsistent. Tell Jesus I said hello. He should know me frm all the good works I've done and all those unsolicited prayers people have offered in my defense. :eusa_whistle:

What does this type of behavior do to further society?
If people open their minds and begin actually thinking, and we nurture a culture that values analytical thought, logic, and discovery instead of the ignorance and close-mindedness that is at the core of religious thought, America can become a world leader in technology, political theory, and the sciences again. The nations that have prospered and further Mankind's development in the past were those that shunned archaic ways of thinking and didn't accept the easy cop-out that 'the gods did it.' Those who have furthered Mankind's sciences and even civil rights were those who saw the contradictions and spoke out who saw the stagnation of intellect and challenged themselves and others to find real answers regarding the workings of the world, and who dared to ask 'why' and 'how' and demand an answer.

Now you tell me, what does the closed mindedness of the vast majority of theists, the line of thought and social environment that values ignorance and embraces giving up on knowing- what does that do to further society? You cannot cite anything religion has done to further society aside from provide an oft brutal social hierarchy and a means for the elites to control, dominate, and manipulate the masses. Even those theists who furthered scientists did so because they challenged the culture of ignorance and dared venture into areas reserved for the gods, to demand answers regarding the nature of the world around them, to reject that ignorant and arrogant three-word answer and follow reason, intellect, and the sciences so that they might know.

answer the question...

still, nobody can answer the question?

Crimson... answer the question...

If people open their minds and begin actually thinking, and we nurture a culture that values analytical thought, logic, and discovery instead of the ignorance and close-mindedness that is at the core of religious thought, America can become a world leader in technology, political theory, and the sciences again. The nations that have prospered and further Mankind's development in the past were those that shunned archaic ways of thinking and didn't accept the easy cop-out that 'the gods did it.' Those who have furthered Mankind's sciences and even civil rights were those who saw the contradictions and spoke out who saw the stagnation of intellect and challenged themselves and others to find real answers regarding the workings of the world, and who dared to ask 'why' and 'how' and demand an answer.

Now you tell me, what does the closed mindedness of the vast majority of theists, the line of thought and social environment that values ignorance and embraces giving up on knowing- what does that do to further society? You cannot cite anything religion has done to further society aside from provide an oft brutal social hierarchy and a means for the elites to control, dominate, and manipulate the masses. Even those theists who furthered scientists did so because they challenged the culture of ignorance and dared venture into areas reserved for the gods, to demand answers regarding the nature of the world around them, to reject that ignorant and arrogant three-word answer and follow reason, intellect, and the sciences so that they might know.

answer the question...

prove that your opening premise is valid. provide stats that the "vast majority of theists" are closed minded and value ignorance and i'll get back to you.

until then, you've got what you usually bring-nothing.

answer the question...

prove that your opening premise is valid. provide stats that the "vast majority of theists" are closed minded and value ignorance and i'll get back to you.

So Del plays run-in for crimson after crimson runs away with its tail between its legs :lol: Theism is based in ignorance; the very hypothesis of deity is nothing more than an argument from ignorance. You don't understand something and you're too stupid and.or weak to look for an answer or admit your ignorance, so you attribute the big bang, death, the wind, the stars, the rain, disease- anything and everything that you fail to understand- to deity.

Now answer the question.

So Del plays run-in for crimson after crimson runs away with its tail between its legs :lol: Theism is based in ignorance; the very hypothesis of deity is nothing more than an argument from ignorance. You don't understand something and you're too stupid and.or weak to look for an answer or admit your ignorance, so you attribute the big bang, death, the wind, the stars, the rain, disease- anything and everything that you fail to understand- to deity.

Now answer the question.

sorry, you've failed to prove anything, just offered your well known opinion/obsession with religion. fail.

care to try again, asshat?

So, Del offers no refutation and no rebuttal, relying(as usual) on pathetic evasion and ad homs. You are truly pathetic, Del.

good non answer.i evaded nothing, and you have brought nothing.
i'll wait for you to prove your assertions about theists.
i've got time.

ad homs :lol::lol:

the irony's dripping off my monitor.

Forum List

Back