What is an apology.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
WHAT IS AN APOLOGY.
An apology is being sorry for a mistake or an accident.
If you accidentally run over your neighbors dog, you owe your neighbor an apology and may compensation.
When we drop bombs on civilians we apologize and compensate sometimes.
Burning the Koran along with trash is inexcusable as we know well how Muslims regard their holy book. Desecrating the Koran is deserving of death and an apology is not accepted and we should respect all religions and their belief. Obama did the right thing to apology but we have no control as to if the accept it or not and they chose not to accept it. I doubt very much it was an accident. The Korans should have turned over to the Afghanistan Government to destroy.
We respect fundamental morons right to practice polygamy and Rev. Phelps right to protest at fallen troops funerals. We need to respect Islam and their right to practice their religion since we are in their country uninvited killing innocent Muslims in the name of war.
Many Americans hold the flag and the bible holy and get upset when they are desecrated.
We are past due on a lot of apologies on past history mistakes.
Muslims should have the right to practice their religion in their own country as they see fit. Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be put to death. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an, or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Qur'anic basis for it.

What is an apology;
A regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure:
A formal, public statement of regret, such as one issued by a newspaper, government, or other organization
Burning the Koran is alleged to be mistake and we apologize for mistakes. Simple as that Santorum.

WH: Bush apologized for mishandling of Koran, too
byJoel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer
Carney invoked Bush to continue his explanation of the apology. "I would note that one of my predecessors, Dana Perino, the Press Secretary for President George W. Bush, following an incident in which an American serviceman apparently shot or did damage to a Koran in 2008, she expressed apologies on behalf of the President," he said. "And that’s appropriate for the same reason, because our concern -- this President’s concern, as was surely the case with President Bush, is the safety and security of our men and women in uniform, as well as our civilians in Afghanistan."
WH: Bush apologized for mishandling of Koran, too | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Bush admits Iraq was 'a terrible mistake'
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spXMfBud0lQ&feature=related]Bush admits Iraq was 'a terrible mistake' - YouTube[/ame]

Bush Apologizes To Iraqi Prime Minister Over Quran 'Target Practice'
QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA
05/21/08
BAGHDAD — President Bush has apologized to Iraq's prime minister for an American sniper's shooting of a Quran, and the Iraqi government called on U.S. military commanders to educate their soldiers to respect local religious beliefs.

A deliberate act of desecration. Does it really matter if the act is deliberate or accidental, Saint Santorum?

WHAT IS AN APOLOGY.
If you accidentally run over your neighbors dog, you owe your neighbor an apology and may compensation.
Burning the Koran along with trash is inexcusable as we know well how Muslims regard their holy book. Desecrating the Koran is deserving of death and an apology is not accepted and we should respect all religions and their belief. Obama did the right thing to apology but we have no control as to if the accept it or not and they chose not to accept it. I doubt very much it was an accident. The Korans should have turned over to the Afghanistan Government to destroy.
We respect fundamental morons right to practice polygamy and Rev. Phelps right to protest at fallen troops funerals. We need to respect Islam and their right to practice their religion since we are in their country uninvited killing innocent Muslims in the name of war.
Many Americans hold the flag and the bible holy and get upset when they are desecrated.
Muslims should have the right to practice their religion in their own country as they see fit. Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be put to death. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an, or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Qur'anic basis for it.

What is an apology;
A formal, public statement of regret, such as one issued by a newspaper, government, or other organization
Burning the Koran is alleged to be mistake and we apologize for mistakes. Simple as that Santorum.

Carney invoked Bush to continue his explanation of the apology. "I would note that one of my predecessors, Dana Perino, the Press Secretary for President George W. Bush, following an incident in which an American serviceman apparently shot or did damage to a Koran in 2008, she expressed apologies on behalf of the President," he said. "And that’s appropriate for the same reason, because our concern -- this President’s concern, as was surely the case with President Bush, is the safety and security of our men and women in uniform, as well as our civilians in Afghanistan."
WH: Bush apologized for mishandling of Koran, too | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Bush admits Iraq was 'a terrible mistake' - YouTube

As always, Obama behaved incompetently. When emotions get out of hand, a competent leader tries to lower emotions, not to validate them. Before Obama's apologies, NATO commanders had already apologized to everyone in sight, and the repeated apologies from Obama, Clinton and others in the administration served only to validate the xenophobic frenzy of anti Americanism and the murders of US soldiers. But that's Obama: he has always validated everyone's complaints against the US and its allies. We should be glad he didn't send a delegation to join in the anti American protests.

I believe you are 100% wrong. If we are ever to live together in peace they are going to have to accept the fact that we do not have the same laws and values as they do and that they have no right to "punish" us for not holding the same beliefs.

An apology was NOT called for.

WHAT IS AN APOLOGY.

What is an apology;

Bush admits Iraq was 'a terrible mistake' - YouTube

Why don't you move to the ME then?
This burning of the Korans were NOT done to piss off the muslims. When he apologized that should have taken care of it (even tho i don't think he should have since it wasn't done on purpose!). But then to have 2 of our military killed over it and Obama hasn't opened his mouth once about that???? You're an idiot!

When that Soldier used a Koran for target practice, that WAS on purpose. Bush apologized and said it would be taken care of, and the ME leader accepted it and kept any harm from coming to the Americans living there. NOBODY WAS KILLED OVER IT! So right there's a big difference and they can't be compared.

Seems Obama has no problem apologizing to other countries. But when he had hundreds of Bibles burned that were sent to our soldiers in Iraq, because he didn't want them found and it to look like were were going to try to convert the muslims to Christianity, did he apologize to the Christians for this? Why didn't he just have those Bibles sent back to the US instead?

And comparing this with running over your neighbors dog???? Unbelievable!

QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA
05/21/08
BAGHDAD — President Bush has apologized to Iraq's prime minister for an American sniper's shooting of a Quran, and the Iraqi government called on U.S. military commanders to educate their soldiers to respect local religious beliefs.

A deliberate act of desecration. Does it really matter if the act is deliberate or accidental, Saint Santorum?

Like i said....this does not even compare to what Obama has done! Bush took care of it the right way....Obama still has not even mentioned the soldiers that were killed over this and the rioting that is happening right now.

I believe you are 100% wrong. If we are ever to live together in peace they are going to have to accept the fact that we do not have the same laws and values as they do and that they have no right to "punish" us for not holding the same beliefs.

An apology was NOT called for.

President Obama's first priority has always been to save America lives. He's very different from the pubs in that he has done whatever necessary to save lives.

And that's the way it should be.

Yep, we're different but the lives of American military are far more important than either their religious beliefs of or ours.

I'm so thankful that our president knows that and is willing to do whatever he can to mitigate very real damage.

Besides, its not as though he KISSED THEM ON THE MOUTH AND HELD HANDS WITH THEM.

THAT would be unforgivable.

In the context of Obama.......a weak diplomatic strategy.

Forum List

Back