What is an American?

☭proletarian☭;1799044 said:
By what measure?

By wealth and power.

So we're not so exceptional?

America was the first nation founded on an ideal. Nations have historically been defined by blood, and status conferred based on class, family and religion. The ideal of America was that you come here and you can be whatever you wanted to be. It didn't matter if you were poor or uneducated or from the lower classes.

Now, America has not always lived up to those ideals. Far from it. But the ideals by which America strives towards and defines itself are the most best in the world IMHO.

Cuba, Vietnam...

Which has what to do with Stalin and General Tojo? When did invading anything have to do with these two? Even with Mao, arguably he funded the VietCong and fomented civil war in Vietnam

☭proletarian☭;1799108 said:
So first Iraq was a response to attack... then it was about WMDs... now it's just 'necessary'? Can you idiot right-wingers just pick one story and stick with it?

And they had more ties to Iran than Afghanistan. But the US is scared to fight Iran- I get that. Just try being honest for a change. Aren't you people supposed to think lying is a sin?

heh?

☭proletarian☭;1799045 said:
☭proletarian☭;1798978 said:
See the stats earlier in the thread

America is the richest, most prosperous nation the world has ever seen.

Rank ↓ Country ↓ GDP (millions of USD) ↓
World World 60,917,477[4]
European Union 18,387,785[4]
1 United States 14,441,425
2 Japan 4,910,692
3 China 4,327,448h
4 Germany 3,673,105
5 France 2,866,951
6 United Kingdom 2,680,000
7 Italy 2,313,893
8 Russia 1,676,586
9 Spain 1,601,964
10 Brazil 1,572,839
more population is all it is. Look ast the PER CAPITA GDP

HIGHEST GDP PER CAPITA1 (PPP in U.S. dollars): 2008
1. Qatar $87,600
2. Luxembourg 79,400
3. Kuwait 55,900
4. Norway 53,300
5. Brunei 51,000
6. Singapore 49,900
7. Ireland 46,600
8. United States 45,800
8. Iceland 40,400
9. Switzerland 40,100
10. Austria 39,300[

Oh, I can assure you I am very aware of this. I can go down that list and give you a detailed response exactly why each is on there.

But it does not change the fact that the United States is the richest nation on the planet. People aren't clamoring to migrate to and invest in Qatar.

☭proletarian☭;1798017 said:
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

welll... White land-owning men, anyway

Let's ask China, India, Cuba, Venezuela...

Not really. We kept the Russians from getting stronger and left the Afghans with the aftermath.

right... we wanted to kill our old CIA opuppet because he turned on us. We never cared about the Afghans until 9/11, just like we never gave a shit about the Jews until Dec 7th, 1941

Let's open our textbooks and see how America treated the Chinese, Italians, Polish, Irish, and other immigrants in reality...

Hitler never attacked us.

Only after we invaded- or did you never actually read a history book?
But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself . Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

I swear I read some shit just like that, except 'American' was replaced with 'Proletarian' and they built the whole fucking world

Whoever wrote that e-mail is a nitwit

Hitler declared war on us before we took military action against him, his declaration of war upon us made him partners with the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor thus by proxy involving Germany in that attack upon the U.S.

Noose, stop bamboozling the idiot with fact, you'll make a mess when his brain explodes and I am not clearing up your mess. :lol::lol::lol:

snopes.com: What Is An American?

Peter Ferrarar wrote this.

What difference does the authorship make to WHAT was said?

Let's just say that the attribution of the piece to the Aussie dentist was incorrect.

Does that alter anything that WAS said in the piece?

We have a fucking communist loving piece of mindless shit arguing about America being the most prosperous nation in history because the average wealth per capita in America is not as high as fucking Qatar, and a few of his shit-sucking ilk arguing (in their own mindless ways) that "America actually sucks dead donkey dick in hell" or something along those stupid lines.

And you want to quibble about the authorship of the piece?

Who cares?

The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous.. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return

Not really. We kept the Russians from getting stronger and left the Afghans with the aftermath.

right... we wanted to kill our old CIA opuppet because he turned on us. We never cared about the Afghans until 9/11, just like we never gave a shit about the Jews until Dec 7th, 1941

Let's open our textbooks and see how America treated the Chinese, Italians, Polish, Irish, and other immigrants in reality...

So did General Tojo , and Stalin , and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world.

But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself . Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

I swear I read some shit just like that, except 'American' was replaced with 'Proletarian' and they built the whole fucking world

Idiot.

Idiot.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unfortunately, I am out of rep at the moment (got carried away today, repping and repping and repping again... :redface:)

☭proletarian☭;1799044 said:
By what measure?

By wealth

See page 1
and power.

How do you measure power? We cater to Iran and China owns us- and Al Queda outwitted the CIA, the NSA, and the rest of our national security force. Not to mention we never found bin Laden, we can't secure our own borders, and we're no longer the only kid on the block with nukes. We lose any economic warfare we might ge into with Opec or China, and a bunch of guys with AKs and homemade bombs are- just like in Nam- making our military look like idiots as they try to fight the last war they were in instead of the one they're in now. So what measure of power are you using?
So we're not so exceptional?

America was the first nation founded on an ideal.

Define 'country'. The French Revolution founded a new nation in all but name and geography; the sociopolitical system changed drastically.
Nations have historically been defined by blood, and status conferred based on class, family and religion.
Just like early (and much of contemporary) America.
The ideal of America was that you come here and you can be whatever you wanted to be. It didn't matter if you were poor or uneducated or from the lower classes.

so long as you were white, male, and a landowner. Women still aren't equal in terms of labour laws, the rich still run the country, and foreigners are still viewed as dirt.
Which has what to do with Stalin and General Tojo? When did invading anything have to do with these two? Even with Mao, arguably he funded the VietCong and fomented civil war in Vietnam

So? How does that merit US involvement? oh yeah, we wanted to repay France by helping them hold onto a colony so as to keep the market available

☭proletarian☭;1799045 said:
America is the richest, most prosperous nation the world has ever seen.

Rank ↓ Country ↓ GDP (millions of USD) ↓
World World 60,917,477[4]
European Union 18,387,785[4]
1 United States 14,441,425
2 Japan 4,910,692
3 China 4,327,448h
4 Germany 3,673,105
5 France 2,866,951
6 United Kingdom 2,680,000
7 Italy 2,313,893
8 Russia 1,676,586
9 Spain 1,601,964
10 Brazil 1,572,839
more population is all it is. Look ast the PER CAPITA GDP

HIGHEST GDP PER CAPITA1 (PPP in U.S. dollars): 2008
1. Qatar $87,600
2. Luxembourg 79,400
3. Kuwait 55,900
4. Norway 53,300
5. Brunei 51,000
6. Singapore 49,900
7. Ireland 46,600
8. United States 45,800
8. Iceland 40,400
9. Switzerland 40,100
10. Austria 39,300[

Oh, I can assure you I am very aware of this. I can go down that list and give you a detailed response exactly why each is on there.

But it does not change the fact that the United States is the richest nation on the planet. People aren't clamoring to migrate to and invest in Qatar.

Actually, some are. Noone invests here, btw- they invest in plants in China and Mecxico and sell their products here (and elsewhere).

Forum List

Back