What is America #1 at Anymore?

That explains why the left are so desperate for a second term... he's right... there is more work to do... destroying what is left of our exceptionalism.

The US is a nation of people. No better, no worse than other people of other nations. I never believed in the so called american exceptionalism thing. We arent exceptional. The US has its positives and negatives just like other countries. But we eat too much, drink too much, buy too big of houses which we dont need, in essence america is the land of gluttons. Its a complete rat race out of control fueled by greed. Thats my outlook on it. The political system is so tainted by big money that the little guy simply has zero chance of getting ahead. Truth be told. Dont like this post then you dont like the truth.

No doubt we've slipped.. that's why the progressives must be run out of town on a rail.
Slipped ? :lol:
As in " OOOps, sorry?"
That's like saying the sun is kinda far away.

Yeah, every year millions are trying to emigrate to China, France, etc. Sorry, I know this is painful for you, but we are still the greatest nation on the face of the Earth.

Sorry about that.
That may be true, if you're a billionaire...... although tons of billionaires wouldn't live there on a bet.
As to the ignigrants that often make the mistake of crawling over. They expect Malibu,ShermaNn Oaks,Jackson Wyoming, Boulder or South Beach(TV stuff) and wind up with St. Loser, DeeToilet, Shitcago or, Gawd forbid, N'orleans:eek:.
I know many that didn't even last a month with murkas bullshit.One had a job as a legal assistant in Charleston SC earning great money-28 days; a damn nice town by murkin standards.
The other signed on as an engineer in Kansas city, another decent place.No go. Used his return ticket before it expired.
Some made it almost a year and skipped the green card renewal.One is back working at the fish farm for $120 a week and happy as hell.The other opened a pizza joint (learned how to make a damn good pizza in Jew Joizey).

They have this thing called a passport. Get one and try it out.Be careful though. It acts as a hallucinogenic when looking back in from the outside....it's a bad trip.

From the HBO series "Newsroom"

Just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day, there are some things you should know, and one of them is that there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we’re the greatest country in the world. We’re seventh in literacy, twenty-seventh in math, twenty-second in science, forty-ninth in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force, and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next twenty-six countries combined, twenty-five of whom are allies. None of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, but you, nonetheless, are without a doubt, a member of the WORST-period-GENERATION-period-EVER-period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world, I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about?! Yosemite?!!!

We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right! We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world’s greatest artists and the world’s greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn’t belittle it; it didn’t make us feel inferior. We didn’t identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn’t scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered. The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one—America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.

I found this list online...there is something that both sides will like and dislike.

I will break down a few of them so you can get the gist of how stupid the list is, okay?

There are more car thefts in the United States than anywhere else in the world by far.

There are more cars in the United States than anywhere else in the world.

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese. Mexico is #2.

The average American drinks more than 600 sodas a year - the most in the world.

We make more food, we eat more food. A sign of the downside of prosperity.

U.S. corporations sell more fast food and more soda than anyone else in the world by a wide margin.

Again, a sign of unbelievable prosperity.

Nobody watches more television per week (28 hours) than Americans do. Although to be honest, people living in the UK are tied with us.

Another sign of prosperity. Tons of leisure time.

The United States leads the world in credit card fraud.

Another sign of prosperity.

The United States has the highest percentage of one person households on the entire planet.

Mo' prosperity!!!

You get the idea.

We have a lot of good things. We kick ass in producing and consuming good things. But even good things require moderation, which a lot of us have not learned.

I'm not sure why it is important for us to be anything but number one in ensuring liberty at home, thus allowing all of us to maximize our potential in life. These days, the Demopublican cabal that switches turns running things every few years seems to endeavor at preventing that as much as possible.

Forum List

Back