What is a Sock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
A little while ago, Statisikhengst called me a sock. He was apparently too busy insulting me to do me the courtesy of defining it.

Will somebody please tell me what the heck it means to be called a "sock" here?

Sock means you actually have another account on here.

I have no idea why people accuse new people of this all the time. Who cares?

what bonzi said is accurate but really it's essentially a meaningless term used to derail a thread when the one who calls you that is losing the argument.
sort of how they use "racist" when they are losing a debate and need a handy distraction..

Thanks. I just wanted to know what it meant. I was able to figure out what some other nomenclature means through repetition, but sock was a new one on me.

A little while ago, Statisikhengst called me a sock. He was apparently too busy insulting me to do me the courtesy of defining it.

Stats is a Jake Starkey sock account, or maybe it's the other way around
..and whatever happened to that david guy?..the "college student"?
I think he was one of their sock accounts, too..

what bonzi said is accurate but really it's essentially a meaningless term used to derail a thread when the one who calls you that is losing the argument.
sort of how they use "racist" when they are losing a debate and need a handy distraction..

That was indeed the context it was used in.

Hmmmm learn something new every day... anyone else you want to tattle on? :)

Hmmmm learn something new every day... anyone else you want to tattle on? :)

I'm not saying that bodecea is a mal sock, but I'm not denying it either

Like Rota said above, they are trying to "ruin" your credibility... make people wonder about you..........

Last edited:

not a bit surprised...they're predictable..they all use the same playbook...

So are all those clowns a single sock gang?!

They use a lot of them...

Apparently they're afraid they might look lonely if people figure out there aren't large numbers of people with single-digit
IQs on the message board.

Thanks. I just wanted to know what it meant. I was able to figure out what some other nomenclature means through repetition, but sock was a new one on me.

I had never heard the term either when I got here. Maybe it's a USMB thing. :dunno:

It's kinda weird how they give you the rules against socks but don't essplain what they're talking about.

I guess if you really ARE a sock, you will know what they are talking about and, thus, tell on yourself... maybe it's a trap....

Not necessarily. They're a Cult of mindless zombies.

Their Leader, we believe it's Stats, assigned them each a clown avatar and they're not allowed to change it until the next Republican drops from the race and then Stats hands one lucky winner a new upside down red X clown avatar. By the time we have a candidate, the Clowns will all be upside down red x also-rans.

Some fun, eh kids?

I had never heard the term either when I got here. Maybe it's a USMB thing. :dunno:

It's kinda weird how they give you the rules against socks but don't essplain what they're talking about.

Ask Bodecca, or Hazlnut, or Paperview, or Zona, or Candycorn or Howie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back