What is a saved job?

A "saved job" is a fluffy term that sounds beautiful and means nothing. Even leftist academics realize it's pure propaganda...

The stimulus has saved millions of jobs.

No question.

From the housing industry to the automotive industry to the contruction industy, the stimulus has done a good job of saving the economy.

Thank you for the consistency!

From global warming to healthcare to Obama-"job saving."

Your logic and grasp of concept remains at the same plateau!

In a world of change and dynamism, thank goodness we can count on your predictably vertiginous logic!

A saved job?

Easy.

Had the States not gotten additional help from the FEDS they'd be firing even more people then they are right now.

So those people they did not have to fire (like teachers, cops and so forth) still have jobs thanks to the bailout.

The bailout isn't a success, but it's not entirely a failure either.

And proof that easy is often not correct.

As David Gregory demanded of the White House representative on the Sunday morning show, show me the concept of saved jobs, or the ability to calculate same in any Economics text.

What is a saved job?

A saved job is the government's attempt to maintain the status quo. Companies fail all the time and people lose their jobs. In a free market economy, these failed companies are usually replaced by companies providing a better product or service. Some of these companies and jobs have become obsolete because a replacement has become available that is superior. Allowing poorly performing companies to fail can mean great progress.

And then came the big government politicians. By bailing out (using taxpayer dollars) a company like GM, they've essentially shut the door on the possibility that new and better start-ups would replace them. Same goes for the financial sector. To sell this lie to the American people, politicians say things like, "it's too big to fail" and "the entire sector will collapse if we don't do anything." In the end, it's just wealth redistribution of the worst kind. As a result, we are left with poorly performing companies and a lot of unpaid debt.

What is a saved job?

A saved job is the government's attempt to maintain the status quo. Companies fail all the time and people lose their jobs. In a free market economy, these failed companies are usually replaced by companies providing a better product or service. Some of these companies and jobs have become obsolete because a replacement has become available that is superior. Allowing poorly performing companies to fail can mean great progress.

And then came the big government politicians. By bailing out (using taxpayer dollars) a company like GM, they've essentially shut the door on the possibility that new and better start-ups would replace them. Same goes for the financial sector. To sell this lie to the American people, politicians say things like, "it's too big to fail" and "the entire sector will collapse if we don't do anything." In the end, it's just wealth redistribution of the worst kind. As a result, we are left with poorly performing companies and a lot of unpaid debt.

^ And that, folks, is what it's all about. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Addendum: The bailout didn't stop Chrysler or GM from bankruptcy in the end.

A saved job also was one that benefited the Democratic base. Union based jobs reaped virtually all the rewards. Teachers were number one followed by auto workers and road construction.

Yes I understand that someone who is not fired has a saved job, but how do you calculate those people? It's impossiable.

A saved job?

Easy.

Had the States not gotten additional help from the FEDS they'd be firing even more people then they are right now.

So those people they did not have to fire (like teachers, cops and so forth) still have jobs thanks to the bailout.

If it isn't a success than what is it?

A saved job?

Easy.

As David Gregory demanded of the White House representative on the Sunday morning show, show me the concept of saved jobs, or the ability to calculate same in any Economics text.

They calculate saved jobs just like they calculate the "true cost" of their massive health care bill. The health care bill will only cost 900 billion dollars...

But they will raise taxes now and cut Medicare benefits. Although health care benefits won't start flowing until 2013. I don't understand how they are only spending an additional 900 billion dollars....:cuckoo: job saved...:cuckoo:

"Saved jobs" is just another Obama/DNC talking point that is based entirely on fantasy. Obama says he "saved a million jobs". His justification is the new claims for unemployment dropped from 550,000 to 300,000 per week.

Only the terminally duped fall for bullshit such as this....but then again everyone says what a magnificent orator Obama is.....being a magnificent orator is the number one requirement for running a confidence game on others.

I've been saying this for quite some time....Obama is perpetrating the biggest con game ever run....and you liberals have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

The stimulus has saved millions of jobs.

No question.

From the housing industry to the automotive industry to the contruction industy, the stimulus has done a good job of saving the economy.

Thank you for the consistency!

From global warming to healthcare to Obama-"job saving."

Your logic and grasp of concept remains at the same plateau!

In a world of change and dynamism, thank goodness we can count on your predictably vertiginous logic!

Your posts are nothing but insults.

No information at all.

The stimulus is working.

A saved job?

Easy.

I see them every day.

Without the stimulus the housing industry and the automobile industry would be in much worst shape.

Tough to admit you are wrong, eh?

Last edited:
Chris, did you hear? I saved three million jobs today when I purchased my breakfast this morning.

Haven't you heard of the butterfly effect in chaos theory?

A saved job?

Easy.

I see them every day.

Without the stimulus the housing industry and the automobile insdustry would be in much worst shape.

GM filed bankruptcy anyway. In the end all it did was to prolong the pain at the taxpayers expense.

I see them every day.

Without the stimulus the housing industry and the automobile insdustry would be in much worst shape.

GM filed bankruptcy anyway. In the end all it did was to prolong the pain at the taxpayers expense.

Wrong.

The government kept a recession from becoming a depression.

I see them every day.

Very much so. And it is ironic that Ford, having been in the same position as the other two, still managed to stay afloat without taking any of the stimulus money.

Survival of the fittest indeed. So far, the stimulus is pretty much a bust and we have had almost no bang for our buck. The economists are still predicting the summer of 2010 before any real recovery is going to be had and they were saying that BEFORE the stimulus was even enacted.

So much for that.

Wrong.

The government kept a recession from becoming a depression.

Vice President Biden disagrees.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct7TGWGWYzk]YouTube - VP Joe Biden: "This Is a Depression. This Is a Depression"[/ame]

Curious?

New Topics

Forum List

Back