What is a reputation comment?

A reputation comment is the text to the right of the red box you get from all directions if you don't fully support one side in the ME-conflict. Supporting one side will reduce the number of red boxes by 50%.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Here is what the TOS has to say about rep points:

Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism. Abuse of the system (repeated neg repping of the same person without cause or positive rep "trading" among users) will not be tolerated. Rep system abuse will result in warnings to cease. Continued abuse will result in random acts of rep manipulation of abusers by admins. Abuse the system, and we will mercilessly toy with you.

What does "without cause" mean? For that matter, what does "cause" mean? I don't see either of those terms or phrases defined anywhere.

I will sort through the anticipated, smart-ass replies, looking for the legitimate ones . . . ;)

Sort no further! This is the legitimate one speaking. You have said the magic word...(down drops the duck with a banner in its beak...saying " ...without legitimate cause...")
Without cause
implies 'without legitimate cause'. In this case, it means you will not be permitted to repeatedly neg rep others just for the hell of it. You must have a legitimate cause for each neg rep. Same applies for pos rep, sorta.

Now, your pos reppin' me right now would be okay. My neg reppin' you for askin' a stupid fuckin question would not be okay. Well, maybe. We'll see.

See?

• Thanks
What's the clock set at for repping the same person?

I got one yesterday at 7:07 AM, and another at 9:59 PM. I thought the clock was set at 24 hours.

You can rep 20 times in a 24 hour period, and you have to rep (I think) 11 people before you can get back to the first.

Well, I don't know how to define a reputation comment but I know what one is. Here is an example. When I was in high school there was this girl named Cindy. I'm not saying she was easy but a lot of her dates never even left the yard once they got into the car. So, in my opinion, this could be classified as a reputation comment: Cindy spent a lot of time on her back.

I didn't come here looking for a mutual admiration society, so if I get a majority of negative regs, (which I do,)at least I am being effective in getting my opinion out.

Pretty weird first post. No one is going to agree with you? :lol:

• Thanks
I didn't come here looking for a mutual admiration society, so if I get a majority of negative regs, (which I do,)at least I am being effective in getting my opinion out.

..or you could jsut be trying to recruit for your social network. Dumbass.

No kidding, I went thru all 13 pages but didn't see anything about neutral reps. The originator didn't have many posts, so do you sorta require rooks to have a certain number of posts before they can rep somebody? Kinda weird, dunno if I was complimented or took one in the shins.

Glad I found this place BTW.

No kidding, I went thru all 13 pages but didn't see anything about neutral reps. The originator didn't have many posts, so do you sorta require rooks to have a certain number of posts before they can rep somebody? Kinda weird, dunno if I was complimented or took one in the shins.

You can Rep, even with zero points, Positive or Negative. Why would you even want a Neutral Rep???

I guess that's okay if the objective is to make people dislike you so much they don't listen to what you're saying. Good job!

You can Rep, even with zero points, Positive or Negative. Why would you even want a Neutral Rep???

LOL, don't want one, don't want to give one either. A neutral rep I mean. Just wondered how I got one and what it meant. So you rep somebody when you got no rep points, that person gets a neutral rep.

Added: never mind, I found out the person had no rep points and so when he +repped me I got a neutral rep. Seems kinda odd for the system to allow that, undoubtedly a software thing. At least I know he wasn't upset bout something I said.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back