What is a moderate muslim?

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010

I see this term bandied about, but what is it really?

On the muslim scale of 1 – 10 with 1 being your live and let live, peaceful, and allowing women equal rights muslim. 10 being your average burka enforcing al-quaeda bombing and killing everything non muslim in site. Is not everything that comes in the middle of that… moderate?

I would like to know what is “moderate? What do moderates think, say, act.

What is moderate in western terms and what is moderate in muslim terms? I am sure they are VERY different definitions of the where “moderate” falls.

Last edited:
I know that moderates do not advocate genocide even in discussion.

I see this term bandies about, but what is it really?

On the muslim scale of 1 – 10 with 1 being your live and let live, peaceful, and allowing women equal rights muslim. 10 being your average burka enforcing al-quaeda bombing and killing everything non muslim in site. Is not everything that comes in the middle of that… moderate?

What is moderate in western terms and what is moderate in muslim terms? I am sure they are VERY different definitions of the where “moderate” falls.

They kill in "moderation"??? :)

"Moderate"? Who knows.. I can't even tell you what a moderate Republican really is, but a muslim patriot...here is the answer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P35E31THd8]Zuhdi Jasser - Oslo Freedom Forum 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

I dont think its much different than any other religion if it is taken literally always and followed to the letter all major religions are full of violence , slaying of the "bad guys" and with woman in a secondary role

"Moderate"? Who knows.. I can't even tell you what a moderate Republican really is, but a muslim patriot...here is the answer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P35E31THd8]Zuhdi Jasser - Oslo Freedom Forum 2010 - YouTube[/ame]
I wonder how many fatwas there are for this guy's head.

Great find. :thup:

I wonder how many fatwas there are for this guy's head.

Great find. :thup:

He's likely quite well protected.

Your 1-10 scale seems to insinuate that a more devout Muslim is automatically a more militant/jihadist Muslim, and I don't think that's the case.

Your 1-10 scale seems to insinuate that a more devout Muslim is automatically a more militant/jihadist Muslim, and I don't think that's the case.
You're probably right. I suppose there are many not so devout Muslim terrorists.
How about taking a stab at defining a moderate Muslim, then.

I worked on a farm run by a muslim family..one day the old guy 80 and still working in the fields... explained to me in his culture 2 woman leave the field a hour early and prepare the dinner...while the men finish off the loading and paper work...he had a grand daughter she was only 5 and she loved doing the count putting a line for each box of produce loaded,she would sit on grampas lap while he drove the little tractor with a fork lift and knew how to raise and lower the forks up ,all the workers where paid cash daily and her favorite part of all was handing on the cash because it made everyone happy..So I replied to his comment by saying...I really dont think Nadia his {grand-daughter} will be content with leaving the field an hour earlier to make dinner for the men...I think she will be running the show...he laughed and nodded his head and said, yes this is true isn't it, even in my culture things are changing...

Last edited:
I worked on a farm run by a muslim family..one day the old guy 80 and still working in the fields... explained to men his culture 2 woman leave the field a hour early and prepare the dinner...while the men finish off the loading and paper work...he had a grand daughter she was only 5 and she loved doing the count putting a line for each box of produce loaded,she would sit on grampas lap while he drove the little tractor with a fork lift and knew how to raise and lower the forks up ,all the workers where paid cash daily and her favorite part of all was handing on the cash because it made everyone happy..So I replied to his comment by saying...I really dont think Nadia his {grand-daughter} will be content with leaving the field an hour earlier to make dinner for the men...I think she will running the show...he laughed and shook his said and said yes this true isn't even in my culture things are changing...

Did you ever hear him or them attempt to discuss and advocate genocide?

You're probably right. I suppose there are many not so devout Muslim terrorists.

I imagine there's lots of them, my old friend Ahmed for example. He observes Islam, prays towards Mecca, etc. But I don't think he attended services regularly, I know he had sex - and a baby - out of wedlock.

Ya know, just a normal guy, who was also Muslim.

But the scale of 1-10 where 1 is "Barely Muslim" and 10 is "Terrorist" is B.S. Level of devotion to the identity is not inherently tied to militant-ism.

Last edited:
I worked on a farm run by a muslim family..one day the old guy 80 and still working in the fields... explained to men his culture 2 woman leave the field a hour early and prepare the dinner...while the men finish off the loading and paper work...he had a grand daughter she was only 5 and she loved doing the count putting a line for each box of produce loaded,she would sit on grampas lap while he drove the little tractor with a fork lift and knew how to raise and lower the forks up ,all the workers where paid cash daily and her favorite part of all was handing on the cash because it made everyone happy..So I replied to his comment by saying...I really dont think Nadia his {grand-daughter} will be content with leaving the field an hour earlier to make dinner for the men...I think she will running the show...he laughed and shook his said and said yes this true isn't even in my culture things are changing...

Did you ever hear him or them attempt to discuss and advocate genocide?

No never and we would talk for hours ..he was a very caring and kind man ..he was ultimately the boss of the field and his family but he was very patient and kind to his adult children and grand children and workers

I know that moderates do not advocate genocide even in discussion.

The Moderates are content to breed us out of existence.

Moderates do not request discussions to legitimize genocide. That's clear to me and I know people who say it would not bother them if all Muslims were killed outright. That's not moderate either.

Now there's a self-proclaimed moderate here who advocates the end of Israel and a mass move of the worlds Jewish people to an island to be kept from humanity by force of arms patrolling the island.

That's not moderation to my view. Regardless of the belief behind the mind that wishes to discuss and legitimize the genocide.

Then give us your scale of a muslim view of 1-10

after all... i am asking ya know.

Then give us your scale of a muslim view of 1-10

after all... i am asking ya know.

All devout Muslims want all non Muslims to convert or die. The moderates are simply content to do so through out breeding the infidel.

I imagine there's lots of them, my old friend Ahmed for example. He observes Islam, prays towards Mecca, etc. But I don't think he attended services regularly, I know he had sex - and a baby - out of wedlock.

Ya know, just a normal guy, who was also Muslim.

But the scale of 1-10 where 1 is "Barely Muslim" and 10 is "Terrorist" is B.S. Level of devotion to the identity is not inherently tied to militant-ism.

That is not what i said.

Forum List

Back