What is a libertarian?

How could any capitalist organisation take such advantage without the support of the force of law?

LOL

Ever hear of a monopoly?

Sure, do you have an example of one? Unless you're talking about an extremely limited resource that is found only on a piece of land owned by a single entity, monopolies are practically impossible without government meddling in support of that entity.

But what if that entity becomes rich enough to buy off most and force the holdouts into bankruptcy by strong arming suppliers? See, Standard Oil. The reason it doesn't happen now is because of a strong government, not despite it.

LOL

Ever hear of a monopoly?

Sure, do you have an example of one? Unless you're talking about an extremely limited resource that is found only on a piece of land owned by a single entity, monopolies are practically impossible without government meddling in support of that entity.

But what if that entity becomes rich enough to buy off most and force the holdouts into bankruptcy by strong arming suppliers? See, Standard Oil. The reason it doesn't happen now is because of a strong government, not despite it.

Consumers will seek alternatives. The market will respond.

Well, that was a telling retort. :eek:

Do you think you are the first Libertariantard in here to spout your useless pollyannic theory?

I don't know but you very quickly abandoned all logic, reason or specificity in our discussion. All of a sudden, a purely emotionally response and now an ad hominem attack. That is usually the tactic of the Left. I'm disappointed in you.

Libertarianism is a nice personal philosophy to live by, and a childish theory on how a government could actually be run.

Consumers will seek alternatives. The market will respond.

LOL.

More useless theory that flies in the face of the historical record.

Do you think you are the first Libertariantard in here to spout your useless pollyannic theory?

I don't know but you very quickly abandoned all logic, reason or specificity in our discussion. All of a sudden, a purely emotionally response and now an ad hominem attack. That is usually the tactic of the Left. I'm disappointed in you.

Libertarianism is a nice personal philosophy to live by, and a childish theory on how a government could actually be run.

Mises, Hayek, Friedman, Sowell, Williams, Rothbard and many other would disagree. But please, tell us in your own words why the ideals of limited government and individual liberty run contrary to "how a government could actually be run".

I claimed all the land. The second person is now my serf, because of my property rights.

konradv and I agree on nothing, eflat, but we both await your 'real world' Libertarian solution to this dilemma.

Sorry, but under what system of free markets and individual liberty can someone "claim all the land"? One would have to buy land from a willing seller, which in no way makes another person a "serf", which requires one to render services. This is a nonsensical hypothetical.

Or, you could just be prick about it.

Deadwood is as close to an example as we have of Libertarian government in action.

And it ended badly. Communism fails thanks to human nature, and Libertarianism doesn't even get off the ground for the same reason.

Google it.

All I'm seeing is a TV show, a town in the Dakotas, an alternative rock band, and a dictionary definition. Nothing about a monopoly or Libertarian government. I'm happy to respond to your post with specificity, but I have to know what you're talking about. Why don't you explain in your own words?

Deadwood is as close to an example as we have of Libertarian government in action.

And it ended badly. Communism fails thanks to human nature, and Libertarianism doesn't even get off the ground for the same reason.

Google it.

All I'm seeing is a TV show, a town in the Dakotas, an alternative rock band, and a dictionary definition. Nothing about a monopoly or Libertarian government. I'm happy to respond to your post with specificity, but I have to know what you're talking about. Why don't you explain in your own words?

I could educate you for hours, and you would still not have the foggiest idea what I am talking about. You are in the childlike naivety stage of your Libertarianism.

There are several threads on here where this has been discussed in detail. Do a search for Deadwood and they should pop up for you.

Google it.

Snipper is trying to pretend libertarians are anarchists. He's not so hot with the reading comprehension.

Well, that's not really fair. I think he gets it and is just spewing bullshit to intentionally promote a lie. Not sure if that's better, or worse.

Google it.

I could educate you for hours, and you would still not have the foggiest idea what I am talking about. You are in the childlike naivety stage of your Libertarianism.

There are several threads on here where this has been discussed in detail. Do a search for Deadwood and they should pop up for you.

I do not understand your unwillingness to use your own words, but that's your right. I also don't understand why you have avoided telling us why the ideals of limited government and individual liberty run contrary to "how a government could actually be run". Again, dodging the point at hand is your right, just not one that supports your position.

Without reasonable discourse, there is little reason to continue. All the best.

IMHO Libertarianism embraces the strengths of Conservatism and Liberalism, but rejects the weaknesses of both movements. You have the right to make your own decisions in life, but if you fail, the consequences are on you.

Forum List

Back