What Is A Greater Threat To America? An Al-Qaeda Terrorist?, New GOP Fundamentalist?

That's an easy one - hands down New GOP Fundamentalists. Al-Qaeda are fighting a religious war and their belief system has stayed pretty much as is for centuries - so I'd say we know what we're dealing with - more or less.

However, these New Republican Fundamentalists bear little or no resemblance to any Republican I've known. And I was raised in a Republican household. The Republican Party advocated small fiscally responsible Federal Government, which oversaw the big stuff and kept its nose out the States' business, as well as that of the individual citizen. No self-respecting Republican would have become involved in the issue of abortion, nor would they have argued before the Supreme Court in an effort to restore life support to a woman who had been brain dead for 15 years. Both issues would have been considered off limits by those old Republicans or at best each State's business.

Republicans of yesteryear would never promise the nation that morality and honesty would be restored to government, probably because they knew there was no morality or honesty in government, especially in Congress.

Charles Keating (Bush Srs. and Jeb's friend) was responsible for the largest (at that time) bank failure in American history - for which he was sent to Country Club jail while the American taxpayer ate the bill. And then there was ENRON, another Bush - Cheney bud. The bill for the wreckage from that massive fraud will cost Californians and other States into the next eon.

There are those among us who come as wolves in sheep’s clothing. Their primary purpose is amassing great wealth and they don’t give a damn how or what they must do to acquire it. Even if that means the total financial destruction the United States of America, which these individuals have just about done. They represent a malignancy in our land, which if left unchecked is destined to overcome us. If they have not already done so.

Lincoln, a great man, a great President, and an honesty to goodness American Statesman was a Republican. If anyone sees even a remote similarity between the men who today call themselves Republicans and Abraham Lincoln, then they either don't know a damned thing about the Republican Party or Abraham Lincoln.

you have holes in your knowledge about the ways things came to be...

gaping holes big enough to drive elephants, two by two...

Gaping holes? Please Bill don't be a dummy. The only holes are the details...He didn't mention Ken ....Lay He didn't mention Abramoff

Geberalities sure.. lies? misinformation? All true Sport. There is a reason why I labeled the GOPers the New GOP Fundamentalists. Because as the man said they are in no way the caliber of say an Eisenhower or a Goldwater. These new guys are stupid to start with and that's why crooks like em. Thieves love these guys because they were willing to do ANYTHING to have a chance at the podium ..they couldn't wait to take thier theocratic nonsense out of the church and try to make it public policy. They are the poster boys for "any means to an end". Because they think they are doing "gods work" and need to get and stay elected they have no problem scratching the backs of whomever will pay thier way. They don't care about the people of this country except where they can try to put the fear of god into them defending the the guns and god and persecuting the gays. Big oil likes em especially because they are stupid.. They already believe all kinds of crazy shit so it's nothing for high paid lobbiests to convince them of ANYTHING.

Anyway Bill you seem smarter than some... I don't care if you agree with the theology and agree that any means to an end is fair and right and good as long as the end result is ONE they get re-elected and TWO they are in a position to advocate for thier own religious anti gay paranoid 2nd ammendment flogging agenda. Denying they do this makes you look like scum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwL9deXNW8]Cat Stevens - Cat's in the cradle - YouTube[/ame]

Wonderful, so now us Americans get to be compared to terrorist AGAIN.

Don't forget you're privileged to be felt up by a TSA officer if you wish to fly to columbus Ohio...

I'm sure democrats love that - it make them feel good inside that Obama is doing something like extending the patriot act...

Forum List

Back