What is a good stock for a ten-year frame?

Funny how YOU know about the Turner Diaries. So what do you think of the book? Apparently you believe that anybody who has read the Turner Diaries will blow up federal buildings and kill innocent people? Maybe somebody should be having a chat with you about this, in a room with a two-way mirror?

I would imagine that Timothy McVeigh probably liked other books, too. Perhaps he liked Stephen King novels. Maybe he enjoyed Mickey Mouse books when he was a kid. Looks like the feds have their work cut out for them...........imagine the MILLIONS of people who have read King books and enjoyed Mickey Mouse!

What does planning for economic collapse and other emergencies have to do with Timothy McVeigh or The Turner Diaries?

Put down the crack pipe, son.
You're the one in a survivalist fantasy, not me.

Freeper.

Have fun with the toilet paper. :clap2:

You'll be one of the FIRST people to run down the street in terror, looking for food and water and wondering why NOBODY will accept your paper money for goods and services.

Good luck to ya!

If you have paper money, convert it to gold and silver NOW. Problem solved, case closed.

Funny how YOU know about the Turner Diaries. So what do you think of the book? Apparently you believe that anybody who has read the Turner Diaries will blow up federal buildings and kill innocent people? Maybe somebody should be having a chat with you about this, in a room with a two-way mirror?

I would imagine that Timothy McVeigh probably liked other books, too. Perhaps he liked Stephen King novels. Maybe he enjoyed Mickey Mouse books when he was a kid. Looks like the feds have their work cut out for them...........imagine the MILLIONS of people who have read King books and enjoyed Mickey Mouse!

What does planning for economic collapse and other emergencies have to do with Timothy McVeigh or The Turner Diaries?

Put down the crack pipe, son.
You're the one in a survivalist fantasy, not me.

Freeper.

Have fun with the toilet paper. :clap2:

You'll be one of the FIRST people to run down the street in terror, looking for food and water and wondering why NOBODY will accept your paper money for goods and services.

Good luck to ya!

If you have paper money, convert it to gold and silver NOW. Problem solved, case closed.
I'm sure your pretty metal will be hella useful when anarchy strikes. We'll need a lot of wedding bands.

It's a prudent move to own some gold and silver. I have a few bags of "junk" silver coins. Who knows? They might come in handy! They have appreciated significantly since I bought them......

It's a prudent move to own some gold and silver. I have a few bags of "junk" silver coins. Who knows? They might come in handy! They have appreciated significantly since I bought them......

Why would people in a Mad-Max situation want them?

Your paper federal reserve notes will be WORTHLESS, except as really rough toilet paper.

Your "cyberspace" stocks will be worthless. Your 401K will be gone. Your certificates of deposit will be worthless. Your bank will have it's doors chained shut. Your ATM card will be worthless. ANY "investment" you have that you can't touch or hold in your hand will be GONE.

The ONLY alternative to having anything besides a "barter" society is to establish a LEGITIMATE means of monetary exchange for goods and services.

Gold and silver, especially SILVER, are the two legitimate means.

"Junk" silver will not be "junk" in the near future.

Your paper federal reserve notes will be WORTHLESS, except as really rough toilet paper.

Your "cyberspace" stocks will be worthless. Your 401K will be gone. Your certificates of deposit will be worthless. Your bank will have it's doors chained shut. Your ATM card will be worthless. ANY "investment" you have that you can't touch or hold in your hand will be GONE.

The ONLY alternative to having anything besides a "barter" society is to establish a LEGITIMATE means of monetary exchange for goods and services.

Sure. But do you really think that situation is plausible? :cuckoo:

No, "that" situation is not plausible. You have nothing to worry about.

Go ahead and place your trust in Obama and the government.

There will be plenty of food and water and shelter and jobs, now and forever.

Don't sweat it. Just continue doing whatever it is you are doing. :cool:

Will you stop worrying as much when a Republican is in office? :clap2:

Unlike you Obama lemmings, I don't blindly follow ANY politician, no matter what political party they belong to.

If Romney, by some miracle, were to beat Obama in November, it would make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL. The U.S. economy is DONE. Stick a fork in it.

You owe it to yourself and your family and other loved ones to PROTECT YOURSELF and prepare for what will be coming.

Unlike you, I am not being a smart-ass. I am simply a modern-day "Paul Revere". Take the blinders off, or leave them on. If you trust Obama with your life and the lives of your loved ones, then ignore me. It's your decision.

Unlike you Obama lemmings, I don't blindly follow ANY politician, no matter what political party they belong to.

If Romney, by some miracle, were to beat Obama in November, it would make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL. The U.S. economy is DONE. Stick a fork in it.

You owe it to yourself and your family and other loved ones to PROTECT YOURSELF and prepare for what will be coming.

Unlike you, I am not being a smart-ass. I am simply a modern-day "Paul Revere". Take the blinders off, or leave them on. If you trust Obama with your life and the lives of your loved ones, then ignore me. It's your decision.

I just think this is totally outlandish. The worst that could happen to the USA is hyperinflation and default, but that's at least a decade away at this rate. Even that wouldn't be a Mad Max situation.

Gold is a good stock, but there is even less silver bullion and it is consumed by industry, so silver will rise faster than gold.

View attachment 21394

Jim’s Mailbox « Jim Sinclair's Mineset

Gold STOCK? Optmst, please don't tell me that you are invested in gold STOCK! And please don't tell me that you are invested in gold or silver ETFs!

PHYSICAL gold and PHYSICAL silver, my friend. If you can't touch it and hold it, you own NOTHING but a promise.

Obviously, silver has risen much faster than gold has in the past 4-5 years.

Gold has, roughly, DOUBLED in price during that time frame.

Silver has, roughly, quadrupled in price during that time frame.

Silver prices are more volatile than gold, simply because of the huge difference in the price of silver compared to gold.

As the "world" economy continues it's freefall, the demand for "industrial" silver is going to continue to decrease. Silver and gold are both going to become the "default" currency for the world.

Silver is available to ANYBODY, because it is affordable, and it has more upside than gold.

Gold is a rich man's toy, and because of it's price, gold is much more susceptible to "counterfeiting" and other "manipulations".

Gold STOCK? Optmst, please don't tell me that you are invested in gold STOCK! And please don't tell me that you are invested in gold or silver ETFs!
I used the word "stock" as a pun on the attached graphic title "stock of gold", but sometimes my puns are a little puny. :D

PHYSICAL gold and PHYSICAL silver, my friend. If you can't touch it and hold it, you own NOTHING but a promise.

Obviously, silver has risen much faster than gold has in the past 4-5 years.

Gold has, roughly, DOUBLED in price during that time frame.

Silver has, roughly, quadrupled in price during that time frame.

Silver is available to ANYBODY, because it is affordable, and it has more upside than gold.

Gold is a rich man's toy, and because of it's price, gold is much more susceptible to "counterfeiting" and other "manipulations".
I can't argue with a man when he is right! :clap2: :D

Silver prices are more volatile than gold, simply because of the huge difference in the price of silver compared to gold.
This reader's digest version leaves out a few important details. :D Higher volatility for silver is the result of massive moves higher and lower. The bullish moves higher for silver are driven by the recognized fact that the price of silver is seriously undervalued, so investors are correctly buying more whenever they can. The natural progression to much higher prices is short circuited by bankster barrages of dumping more paper shorts than there is physical to cover those shorts. That cycle of correct higher highs interrupted by criminal bankster price plunges creates the increased volatility, which will continue only as long as there is enough physical silver available to supply to industry for manufacturing consumption and to investors for accumulation. When the time comes that industry has difficulty acquiring physical metal for their just in time manufacturing processes, industry will rush to correct the long overdue substantial increase in their stock levels, and the banksters will be unable to dump paper to suppress the price because most investors will want the physical that is in short supply. The resulting explosion in the price of silver will be legendary!

As the "world" economy continues it's freefall, the demand for "industrial" silver is going to continue to decrease. Silver and gold are both going to become the "default" currency for the world.
Most of the investment world shares this view that silver is only a banged up, rusty, and little loved car in the used car lot, and that it only moves slowly forward when fueled by the consumption demands of a healthy industry. They reason that the silver car will stall when the fuel of industrial expansion is no longer available because industrial demand for silver will diminish. A few investors, however, will look under the hood, and they will see a powerful jet engine with afterburners. As the world economy continues its inevitable slide into depression, and as China reaches its overbuilt plateau, The demand for copper and other base metals will essentially drop to zero and the warehouses will quickly fill to the maximum. The base metal miners will be forced to essentially shut down their mines. Since more than 70% of silver supply is byproduct from base metal mining, that 70% of silver supply will vanish from the marketplace, and the loss of silver supply will be the jet engine that propels the silver car to much higher prices. The afterburners will be the huge short positions of the banksters who will be caught in an epic squeeze from industry and investors who buy physical more frantically as the supply of silver becomes much too low to supply the demands for physical. You can read more about this by doing a web search for "When Will the Price of Silver Explode?" (with the quotes). Get your physical silver now, and buckle your seat belt for the ride of a lifetime! :D

You have made many, many excellent points, Optmst. I apologize for not identifying your gold "pun".

As for your points about silver and how "supply and demand" play into silver much more than gold, I can't disagree with you at all.

I didn't elaborate at all on my comment about why silver is more volatile than gold, so I will give it a shot now:

Silver is more volatile than gold due, in part, to the inherent "affordability" of gold to the "average Joe". Obviously, there are a myriad of other factors that cause silver prices to go up and down like a roller coaster, which you eloquently described.

Ten years is a long time for a stock, my Verizon, due to dividend, has done well for many years now. Communications is king today, I'm trying to figure out what people did before smart phones?

Forum List

Back