What is a good stock for a ten-year frame?

philosophstar

Rookie
Jun 27, 2012
I really don't research this stuff.

It would be fun to plunk down some money for ten shares of Sodastream (SODA) and see where that would get me, though. Can they increase sales in this economy?

Plus, a nice dividend stock like Seacube (BOX), might be nice. Shipping stuff in containers around will never get old.

Forget trying to pick one stock- you'd do better buying lottery tickets.

You're better off with a low cost INDEX mutual fund or ETF - Like Vanguards Total Stock Market Index. Or if you want total worldwide diversification try Vanguard total World Index fund.

• Banned

You're better off with a low cost INDEX mutual fund or ETF - Like Vanguards Total Stock Market Index. Or if you want total worldwide diversification try Vanguard total World Index fund.

Eh, well it's all a far off dream for me, anyways.

Still, it's nice to know when you can pic 'em. And some people really can.

Eh, well it's all a far off dream for me, anyways.

Still, it's nice to know when you can pic 'em. And some people really can.

No, they can't. And if they can pic 'em, they aren't telling you...:lol:

I'm staying away from stocks.
I just sold some stuff in my IRA account and bought shares in a gold fund on the American Stock exchange.It mirrors the price of gold.My plan is to hold it for 10 years.I'm very curious to see where gold is 10 years from now.

• Banned
I'm staying away from stocks.
I just sold some stuff in my IRA account and bought shares in a gold fund on the American Stock exchange.It mirrors the price of gold.My plan is to hold it for 10 years.I'm very curious to see where gold is 10 years from now.

I think gold will be around $2,000 10 years from now. That's a total wild-assed guess, though.

I recall something a guy who was in Sarajevo once told me about life there in 1993-4, after complete societal breakdown. You could buy anything...food, guns, women,cars...if you had a few rolls of toilet paper.

Buy toilet paper companies. Everyone has to poop no matter what happens.

• Banned

I recall something a guy who was in Sarajevo once told me about life there in 1993-4, after complete societal breakdown. You could buy anything...food, guns, women,cars...if you had a few rolls of toilet paper.

Buy toilet paper companies. Everyone has to poop no matter what happens.

There isn't just one, though. :lol:

I mean, Proctor & Gamble has Charmin and the ass-wiping bears.

Food. Water. Shelter. Self-defense.

Those are what you should be "stocking" up on.

Do you think copies of The Turner Diaries would be a good idea, freep?

Turner Diaries? Would that be Ted Turner? Tina Turner? Must be some kind of leftist manifesto.

Go ahead and believe that everything is fine, and food and water will always be available for you. You are making a "fatal" mistake.

Food. Water. Shelter. Self-defense.

Those are what you should be "stocking" up on.

Turner Diaries? Would that be Ted Turner? Tina Turner? Must be some kind of leftist manifesto.

Go ahead and believe that everything is fine, and food and water will always be available for you. You are making a "fatal" mistake.

I was referring to some right-wing fantasy survivalist fiction.

It was a favorite of Timothy McVeigh's.

It's just as well if you've never heard of it.

I was referring to some right-wing fantasy survivalist fiction.

It was a favorite of Timothy McVeigh's.

It's just as well if you've never heard of it.

Funny how YOU know about the Turner Diaries. So what do you think of the book? Apparently you believe that anybody who has read the Turner Diaries will blow up federal buildings and kill innocent people? Maybe somebody should be having a chat with you about this, in a room with a two-way mirror?

I would imagine that Timothy McVeigh probably liked other books, too. Perhaps he liked Stephen King novels. Maybe he enjoyed Mickey Mouse books when he was a kid. Looks like the feds have their work cut out for them...........imagine the MILLIONS of people who have read King books and enjoyed Mickey Mouse!

What does planning for economic collapse and other emergencies have to do with Timothy McVeigh or The Turner Diaries?

Put down the crack pipe, son.

I really don't research this stuff.

It would be fun to plunk down some money for ten shares of Sodastream (SODA) and see where that would get me, though. Can they increase sales in this economy?

Plus, a nice dividend stock like Seacube (BOX), might be nice. Shipping stuff in containers around will never get old.

You should research it before you "plunk down some money" on it, and if you take stock tips from people on this message board, you're a moron.

If you just want to have fun wasting money try gambling or hookers.

Funny how YOU know about the Turner Diaries. So what do you think of the book? Apparently you believe that anybody who has read the Turner Diaries will blow up federal buildings and kill innocent people? Maybe somebody should be having a chat with you about this, in a room with a two-way mirror?

I would imagine that Timothy McVeigh probably liked other books, too. Perhaps he liked Stephen King novels. Maybe he enjoyed Mickey Mouse books when he was a kid. Looks like the feds have their work cut out for them...........imagine the MILLIONS of people who have read King books and enjoyed Mickey Mouse!

What does planning for economic collapse and other emergencies have to do with Timothy McVeigh or The Turner Diaries?

Put down the crack pipe, son.
You're the one in a survivalist fantasy, not me.

Freeper.

Have fun with the toilet paper. :clap2:

10 year frame????????????
Um....this isn't 1960 anymore. We are now living in the post debt driven society. Our economy was completely converted and dependent on everyone spending more money than they make. 43% of the wealth earned in the past 15 years was servicing debt. In the past 4 years it is dependent on government providing taxpayer bailouts to continue the charade.
There is not one individual no matter how experienced and knowledgeable he/she may be in the stock market - that can even entertain answering your question.
And you are asking it on an internet forum...man.

10 year frame????????????
Um....this isn't 1960 anymore. We are now living in the post debt driven society. Our economy was completely converted and dependent on everyone spending more money than they make. 43% of the wealth earned in the past 15 years was servicing debt. In the past 4 years it is dependent on government providing taxpayer bailouts to continue the charade.
There is not one individual no matter how experienced and knowledgeable he/she may be in the stock market - that can even entertain answering your question.
And you are asking it on an internet forum...man.

Hippie-black.gif

Forum List

Back