what is a good download speed?

2560521060.png

Damn..so...how...:confused:

That is my connection at the office, as I said we are an ISP...essentially a direct link to the backbone at level 3.

Ok so after looking at all your speeds I called time warner and bitched.

They just left after changing 3 boxes and my speed is now up to 15.24 and 2.27 up

New update. Just spent an hour on the phone with a tech from time warner.

Had me up to 34mbps on one computer and in the process of trying to get the other one up as well it dropped to 11. Im supposed to be getting 30/6.

He thinks my modem has an internal problem causing a bottleneck so tomorrow after work im going to swap it out for a n3w one.

At first he tried to blame it on my router but after we disconnected it the speeds plummeted.

And to think I was dealing with 2mbps just a few days ago lol. Even at half what im paying for its like lightning now.

Ok so after looking at all your speeds I called time warner and bitched.

They just left after changing 3 boxes and my speed is now up to 15.24 and 2.27 up

It has been my experience that ISP's regularly perform well below the advertised speed...well below.
It has also been my experience that bitching about it produces quick results...guessing they want to prevent the average Joe from figuring out they are getting 25% of the speed they are paying for.
I have ATT Uverse, I have four TV's, a home XM radio device, an Xbox and two laptops. I was getting terrible lag and pixalating on the TV's when several devices were running at once. - So I bitched - the next day they came and replaced my router and did something on the side of the house....bingo...my speed doubled.

Forum List

Back