What is a feminist?

I'm also not a feminist, you ignorant twerp.

Since when are good looks required to be feminist? You're the one who is proving my point that you're a sexist bigot with each passing post. You mock the looks of old women on the internet while your picture is a picture of Harry Reid. Real brave, balls of steel you got there Rabbi. :thup:

I consider myself a "feminist". I believe in equal pay for equal work; I am opposed to human trafficking and the sex trade; I deplore domestic violence and deadbeat dads and believe there should be harsher penalties; I am against discrimination when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth; and I fully support raising our daughters to be leaders or homemakers - whatever they choose to do.

NOW would reject my application on the spot if they saw my cute elephant jewelry. :lol:

Since when are good looks required to be feminist? You're the one who is proving my point that you're a sexist bigot with each passing post. You mock the looks of old women on the internet while your picture is a picture of Harry Reid. Real brave, balls of steel you got there Rabbi. :thup:

Says the man with a Clint Eastwood character as his avatar.
The point was made (not by me) that feminists were ugly. That's obviously a gross generalization but like most such stereotypes has a basis in reality. As I made clear.

The point was made (not by me) that feminists were ugly. That's obviously a gross generalization but like most such stereotypes has a basis in reality. As I made clear.

I'm not the one insulting the looks of women. And I've posted my pictures here before. For a "16 year old kid" as you called me, guess I seem to have bigger balls than you eh?

Well, when you've met one...

That is so weird, I have a few feminist friends, and they for sure are not ugly.

Her'es Andrea Dworkin. Yeah. I got to have that!
AndreaDworkin_55742a.jpg

Man...That ruined my lunch!! 'Feminist' is a misnomer because they are women who shun their own femininity in order to be more masculine. They think somehow it gives them more power when actually it has caused them immeasurable pain. Another miserable failed product of the mental disorder called liberalism.

Rush Limbaugh started that fib so it obviously has no "basis in reality".
IOW, it ain't true.

I consider myself a "feminist". I believe in equal pay for equal work; I am opposed to human trafficking and the sex trade; I deplore domestic violence and deadbeat dads and believe there should be harsher penalties; I am against discrimination when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth; and I fully support raising our daughters to be leaders or homemakers - whatever they choose to do.

NOW would reject my application on the spot if they saw my cute elephant jewelry. :lol:

You can think that, if it makes you feel better. But I'm pretty certain they'd have no problem taking your money.

ETA: What does NOW have to do with feminism anyway? They're a special interest group - a PAC for like-minded people. They don't have a monopoly on the term feminist.

Last edited:
As many commentators have noted, 2010 is shaping up to be the year of the Republican woman. According to Center for American Women and Politics, 14 Republican women have thrown their girdles into the ring for the U.S. Senate and 94 for the House of Representatives. According to CAWP director Debbie Walsh, 60 of the 106 females who are challenging House incumbents are Republicans.

“There is a conscious effort being made on the part of a lot of conservative women politicians to be using this word, feminist,” Carrie Lukas, vice-president and director of policy for the conservative Independent Women’s Forum, told The Daily Caller. “But they are offering a very different brand of liberation than what is usually associated with the term, which has really become, over the last few decades, associated with groups like NOW [National Organization for Women], which are essentially indistinguishable from the Democratic Party and are more about big government than women.”

NOW executive vice-president, Bonnie Grabenhofer, told The Daily Caller that to her, “feminism is a social justice movement aimed at getting social, political, and economic equality for women. We work for the advancement of women on multiple fronts.”

Read more: Conservatives try to claim the term feminist as their own | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Conservatives try to claim the term feminist as their own | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Is feminism simply about abortion or about empowering women in the workplace and politics?

A feminist is a supporter of femminism.

Femminism describes political, cultural, and economic movements aimed at establishing greater rights, legal protection for women, and women's liberation.

I believe it is not a left/right thing but an Up/Down thing ;)

I just wonder why somebody always comes along and tries to politicize or repoliticize a word that, if there were a better characterization, it would be used. They're trying to do to the word "feminist" what they did to "elitist" and that's to put a box around it as being either evil or good, and it can't be done.

Also Rabbi, how is posting two pictures equal a entire stereotype being true? :cuckoo:

That statement is more true in the reverse. Feminists despise conservative women and berate any woman who chooses a traditional role. Ask any stay-at-home mom.

What a moronic statement. Do you usually take millions of people, and group them all into one statement and view? I doubt it. There are some feminists who are out there and I'm sure who despise women who choose a role not like theirs. However, to say they are the majority is not only dangerously ignorant but bordering on dishonest.

Feminists fight for equal rights for women, last I checked. They fight for women to have choice, which yes, includes Abortion. Conservatives, especially the moral ones, tend to want to limit people's choices, so why should anyone be surprised?

You're a babe in the woods on this topic if you believe that a feminist would defend a conservative female. In fact they're usually first in line to trash them. Your last sentence seems to suggest they deserve to be trashed. Yet I'm a moron for noticing?
Who is a conservative female? Certainly not Sarah Palin. She's a social conservative, there is a huge difference.

So, help me out here.

How does it further your point (that all feminists are ugly) to point out that some liberals are rude about conservative women?

I don't get it.

Because obviously it makes it okay for him to make comments about feminists because some Liberals are rude about Conservative women.

Yes, we must emulate the example our liberal friends set when discussing women with whom we disagree.

Five Offensive Attacks On Conservative Women - Big Government

So, help me out here.

How does it further your point (that all feminists are ugly) to point out that some liberals are rude about conservative women?

I don't get it.

I know you don't.

I was responding to Modbert's comment that we should not insult someone's looks. The left does it reflexively.

Then on the right, I guess there's just me.

Take my money - perhaps. Offer me a leadership position? Don't think so.

At a minimum NOW and other "women's advocacy groups" should be denouncing the sexist attacks on conservative women (and liberals) regardless of politics. That is their biggest failure to date; and puts them in the irrelevant category with the NAACP.

I know you don't.

I was responding to Modbert's comment that we should not insult someone's looks. The left does it reflexively.

Then on the right, I guess there's just me.

More grouping with absolutely no basis. Who is this "The left"?

Yes, we must emulate the example our liberal friends set when discussing women with whom we disagree.

Five Offensive Attacks On Conservative Women - Big Government

So, help me out here.

I don't get it.

The bold part ought to be your sig line. It aptly describes most of your posts.
And it is not that "some liberals' are rude about conservative women. The point is that ALL liberal women/self described feminists in the media are rude about conservative women. I challenged juniorbert to provide even one example of a feminist saying something half way nice about a conservative woman. He couldn't. No one can, because such comments don't exist.

Women used to know how to make a 'nest' and pick a good provider before having children. With the advent of feminism and the denigrating of 'stay-at-home' moms, both men and women are experiencing undue stresses.

I have often wondered how some women can go through 9-months of carrying a kid, go through the pain of birth THEN, blithely drop the kid off in daycare and toodle off to work.

Forum List

Back