What is a Dollar?

Deal. Just wire $250 dollars to my Kenyan account to cover the cost of transferring that much wealth across international borders and await confirmation :eusa_whistle:

The dollar will be replaced by a metallic standard within 20 years because this sort of thing happens in cycles and this is just a normal monetary cycle.

The dollar will be replaced by a metallic standard within 20 years because this sort of thing happens in cycles and this is just a normal monetary cycle.

Cycle theory... Interesting.

Anyway gold standard does not imply that you are carrying gold around. It just means the bank has gold to back up the dollars or your credit card that you carry.

Getting tired of people saying "but then you would have to carry carts of gold around".

We should go back to the gold/silver standard.
That'd be fine if we still had 60+% of the world's gold and a trade surplus

No it wouldn't.

The USA had about 60% of the world's gold reserves when the GREAT DEPRESSION happened.

It wasn't until the USA, GB and France finally dumped their gold standards that they started recovering from the depression.

And Germany never dumped that gold standard which was in part the reason why their economy was a mess even while the rest of the industrial world started recovery.

The gold standard doesn't solve the problem of BANSTERS controlling governments to suit their own selfish interests, folks.

It doesn't keep corrupt governments from screwing up their economies.

If you doubt this I highly advise you gold bugs to read some freaking economic history.

You have been wildly misinformed about the Gold standard's benefits.

How is it defined? Is the manufacture of these scraps of clothpaper- let alone their virtual form- remotely tied to any objective measure of the wealth they're supposed to represent?
What I'd like to know is what is a dollars nutritional content ?
They taste like cocaine( nearly all US currency does) but it's hard to eat enough to fill you up.

The solar powered timer just fired off my drip irrigation in the tomato and pepper house.
530 AM. Back to work and put the cows back out to pasture.( the milking is done, until 3-4 pm)

Liberty Dollar creator convicted in federal court | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com

Very real case just coming to a close last week. Von NotHaus was convicted of "domestic terrorism" for creating and selling a silver and copper backed barter token called the Liberty Dollar.

This particular case was a crime because the coins "were marked with the dollar sign, the words “dollar,” “USA,” “Liberty,” “Trust in God” (instead of “In God We Trust”) and other features associated with legitimate U.S. coins." I think the fact that they were coins was also a factor as that's what's specifically mentioned in the Constitution.

Paper scrip is perfectly legal and used in many communities as local currency.

Liberty Dollar creator convicted in federal court | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com

Very real case just coming to a close last week. Von NotHaus was convicted of "domestic terrorism" for creating and selling a silver and copper backed barter token called the Liberty Dollar.

This particular case was a crime because the coins "were marked with the dollar sign, the words “dollar,” “USA,” “Liberty,” “Trust in God” (instead of “In God We Trust”) and other features associated with legitimate U.S. coins." I think the fact that they were coins was also a factor as that's what's specifically mentioned in the Constitution.

Paper scrip is perfectly legal and used in many communities as local currency.

Have you ever seen a Liberty Dollar? Anyone who would mistake it for a US coin has never seen a US coin. The "penny" was the same size as a silver dollar, and made of copper. The $5 and 10$ tokens were made of silver, and the size of a dime and a quarter. And "dollar" is not specific to the US. It is a common noun for an instrument of value, and is the legal denomination of 67 countries around the globe.

In any event, it is a matter of opinion as to whether or not VonNotHaus was trying to compete with, or replace the US dollar. The strongest argument against that is the fact that his tokens were minted with MORE silver than the value he stamped upon them, and you had to purchase them in order to get them into circulation. If you owe me $100, I would gladly accept 5 Liberty Dollars, as the silver in them is now worth $180. I accept gold or silver as payment at all of my stores, and there are a few people who pay with them. VonNotHaus could have made his coins more distinct, admittedly (though anyone mistaking them for a current US issue really shouldn't be handling money at all), but he was a Mint Operator and designer by trade (Hawaiian Mint, and Treasure to the Royal Family). I can see where in designing a token intended to last and be used legitimately, one would include elements that are honored and respected.

Liberty-Dollar.jpg

But "domestic terrorism?"

Really?

Seems like a trumped up charge to seize the $16 Million in silver that VonNotHaus managed for his private investors.

it is a matter of opinion as to whether or not VonNotHaus was trying to compete with, or replace the US dollar

Not really. They don't seem to be labeling him a money forger.

I'm trying to figure out how to tie the marks on the scrip to the Mark of the Beast. Shame Terral's not here; he's good at that sort of thing

it is a matter of opinion as to whether or not VonNotHaus was trying to compete with, or replace the US dollar

Not really. They don't seem to be labeling him a money forger.

I'm trying to figure out how to tie the marks on the scrip to the Mark of the Beast. Shame Terral's not here; he's good at that sort of thing

That was their first angle on him, JB. They've been after Bernie for 10 years or more. The Government's original position was that he was trying to replace US coinage with his own tokens....that they were intentionally designed and minted to deceive. The design is obviously not meant to be a forgery, as the tokens are obviously substantially different from any US coinage.

They weren't able to make that accusation stick.

But "domestic terrorism" evidently has a broad enough definition that they were able to apply that charge to him, and get a conviction after a 4 day trial.

Sentencing is pending, but it is accepted generally that he will get 25 to 40 years, Federal. No possible parole (he'll die in prison) and the Government will keep the $16Million in bullion Bernie was managing for his private investors (they are just shit out of luck. Their silver now belongs to the Government, even though it was never minted, and never used, just as a resource for backing the tokens).

Its a VERY interesting case, if you have the time to read it. Go back to the first raids the FBI did on his Mint, and look at the charges then, as opposed to now. The Government may be right here, but "domestic terrorism" doesn't give an accurate description, IMO.

At this rate, it won't be long before jaywalkers will be labled terrorists for conspiring to cause traffic accident resulting in the deaths of civilians...

This reminds me of Executive Order 6102...

Try going without it for a while and then you'll begin to realize its significance.

Forum List

Back