What Inspires You To Pick Up A Pen?

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
There are all kinds of stories associated with famous writers as far as what inspired them to write. Sometimes it is simple alcohol. Sometimes it is a pretty woman or women. Sometimes it is extraordinary life experiences.

So what inspires you to write? In other words, what brings the author in you?

I tend to write when my brain feels stuffed with too much mental clutter. Writing gives it release, so I don't have to keep it in mind as much.

Little punk-bitch, smart-ass patrol cops who barely graduated high school and who run their mouths way too much because they're trying to make detective and just because they can putting me in cuffs, impounding my wheels and taking me for a ride downtown usually does the trick for me.

I hafta admit, though, that more often than not, picking up a pen isn't typically the first thing that comes to mind for me when that situation happens.

I'm the youngest of the family and I remember watching my parents and brother and sister reading and writing and feeling right left out of it. I complained until they taught me to read and write. That was when I was around 4 years old and I've been fascinated with those black squigly things ever since.

Forum List

Back