What income level

Yes they are. When the tax cuts result in other taxes being raised (such a reduced funds to states result in higher property, income, and sales taxes), that shifts the tax burden to a different set of the population, having the net effect of transferring wealth between the groups.
Never cut/reduce/limit government spending, that would be bad.
:cuckoo:

Back in the real world, states aren't going to fire teachers and cops unless absolutely necessary. Making sure Bill Gates pays a little less in taxes though is worth firing cops and teachers though, according to you.

Are you familiar with the term "sleight of hand"?
Seems that you have fallen for it. Next time your state says they have to to fire teachers or police because of budget cuts, take a good hard look at the budget items they aren't cutting.
They tell you teachers and police will get fired because they know that sleight of hand works, and you will scream for more taxes.
You've fallen for the distraction.

Never cut/reduce/limit government spending, that would be bad.
:cuckoo:

Back in the real world, states aren't going to fire teachers and cops unless absolutely necessary. Making sure Bill Gates pays a little less in taxes though is worth firing cops and teachers though, according to you.

Seems that you have fallen for it. Next time your state says they have to to fire teachers or police because of budget cuts, take a good hard look at the budget items they aren't cutting.
They tell you teachers and police will get fired because they know that sleight of hand works, and you will scream for more taxes.

I know why they got laid off in my state... to finance a tax cut for insurance companies. Great job GOP-controlled state legislator.

I know why they got laid off in my state... to finance a tax cut for insurance companies. Great job GOP-controlled state legislator.

Go look at your state budget. See what they didn't cut. As I said, you fell for the sleight of hand. Yer probably asking for tax raise right now, instead of responsible government spending.

i believe that even if congress straightens up and spends only what they have within their budget and CUTS one trillion a year in our budget deficit,

and if our Economy picks up again and goes gangbusters in growth....(more taxes being collected)

That every single one of us, every group, will still need a tax increase to get our national DEBT reduced, so that we are not having to use $500,000,000,000.00 a year($500 BILLION) to pay JUST THE YEARLY INTEREST PAYMENT of that debt, out of the $1.2 trillion our gvt collects in income taxes from us....

and i am uncertain if that $500 billion projection includes what we will soon have to start paying back social security for the surpluses used.

:(:(

Forum List

Back