What in the Hell is a "Homophobic Slur"?...

Who knows? Many say we can't use the word they call themselves. We can't even use it when we talk about them calling themselves their chosen label.

Or when they use it referring to caucasians.

I am starting to feel oppressed.

I'm calling the ACLU.

From hence forth I demand to be labeled as a Mutt, Mongrel or Heinze 57 American and anyone who refuses to comply is an insensitive bastard, maybe even racist!!

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Who knows? Many say we can't use the word they call themselves. We can't even use it when we talk about them calling themselves their chosen label.

I'm calling the ACLU.

From hence forth I demand to be labeled as a Mutt, Mongrel or Heinze 57 American and anyone who refuses to comply is an insensitive bastard, maybe even racist!!

The black community has attempted to vanquish the common use of "Negro" and it's more distasteful "******," which was used throughout the history of this country and was an obvious denigration intended to separate them from the white community. The term "African American" is used more commonly in politics rather than in public as it makes the distinction between black Hispanics who also prefer their own heritage as identifying characteristics.

But I'm sure ya'll know that already.

The black community has attempted to vanquish the common use of "Negro" and it's more distasteful "******," which was used throughout the history of this country and was an obvious denigration intended to separate them from the white community. The term "African American" is used more commonly in politics rather than in public as it makes the distinction between black Hispanics who also prefer their own heritage as identifying characteristics.

Friend of mine insisted that if any racial description was going to be applied to him that he be referred to as a Black man. He said he wasn't from Africa and that he thought "African-American" was stupid. I asked him about the slave trade, and he said, "depending on what you believe in, we're all, one way or another, from Africa."

He is a proud American. He's served in Iraq several times as a contractor.

I'm calling the ACLU.

Well, I find the term white to be offensive. I'm a proud mongrel!!

Forum List

Back