What if...?

There is one thing I would never do. I would never deny Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. There is no threat that would force me to do so.

Peter said the same thing
I'm not Peter.
:eusa_wall::eusa_wall::eusa_wall:
:talk2hand:

I am glad you are confident, in your faith, but don't tempt the enemy. For he is not straight forward, but subtle and sneaky. Job did nothing to tempt the enemy, yet he suffered more than any human should have to endure.

In a lot of ways, the question by the OP is somewhat unfair. We all know what we wish we would do. Everyone reading the OP would like to think they have the guts to do the right thing and stand up to tyranny. Of course we all feel that way. What else would we be expected to say? But we can entertain the question casually and say "of course I would fight oppression" or really try to put ourselves in that position and wonder what we would do.

Personally, I can't give an answer. This is why I hate "what if" questions. I really can't say what I would do until I was actually in that position and the consequences of my choices became a reality instead of an intellectual exercise. As I have said prior, I would hope that if I was in that position I would take the stand against tyranny...but in reality...who knows what any of us would do.

There is one thing I would never do. I would never deny Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. There is no threat that would force me to do so.

I'm not Peter.

I am glad you are confident, in your faith, but don't tempt the enemy. For he is not straight forward, but subtle and sneaky. Job did nothing to tempt the enemy, yet he suffered more than any human should have to endure.

In a lot of ways, the question by the OP is somewhat unfair. We all know what we wish we would do. Everyone reading the OP would like to think they have the guts to do the right thing and stand up to tyranny. Of course we all feel that way. What else would we be expected to say? But we can entertain the question casually and say "of course I would fight oppression" or really try to put ourselves in that position and wonder what we would do.

Personally, I can't give an answer. This is why I hate "what if" questions. I really can't say what I would do until I was actually in that position and the consequences of my choices became a reality instead of an intellectual exercise. As I have said prior, I would hope that if I was in that position I would take the stand against tyranny...but in reality...who knows what any of us would do.
I've already been in that position. I took a bullet for my trouble. I'd do it again. My opponent took a bullet too. My aim was better. I believe that if you are not willing to risk your life for someone else, then you don't deserve to keep your own.

I'm not Peter.

I've already been in that position. I took a bullet for my trouble. I'd do it again. My opponent took a bullet too. My aim was better. I believe that if you are not willing to risk your life for someone else, then you don't deserve to keep your own.

Well that's an interesting point you bring up. I was in a situation once and I did not connect it to the OP. I witnessed a woman...a total stranger...getting attacked as I was walking home very late one night in Phoenix where I had lived for 15 years. Phoenix can be a very rough city if you are in the wrong part of town and you learn to think of yourself first. I remember seeing the situation and charging in to defend her What is interesting, and I have looked back on this several times, is that I really didn't think about the consequences. I just rushed in. I took a knife to the face that split my upper lip and another in my hand but she escaped. It wasn't this great cinematic scene where she and I talked afterwards and I was her hero or anything. As soon as she got free she bolted and I never saw her again. Can you blame her? She just wanted to be safe.

It didn't cost me much. I took some stitches, got a broken rib, and I still have a scar on my hand, the wound on my face thankfully healed clean so I was not disfigured. .I had not connected that experience with the question of the OP. Thank you for reminding me of that. Maybe I would fight the good fight after all.

I'm not Peter.

Well that's an interesting point you bring up. I was in a situation once and I did not connect it to the OP. I witnessed a woman...a total stranger...getting attacked as I was walking home very late one night in Phoenix where I had lived for 15 years. Phoenix can be a very rough city if you are in the wrong part of town and you learn to think of yourself first. I remember seeing the situation and charging in to defend her What is interesting, and I have looked back on this several times, is that I really didn't think about the consequences. I just rushed in. I took a knife to the face that split my upper lip and another in my hand but she escaped. It wasn't this great cinematic scene where she and I talked afterwards and I was her hero or anything. As soon as she got free she bolted and I never saw her again. Can you blame her? She just wanted to be safe.

It didn't cost me much. I took some stitches, got a broken rib, and I still have a scar on my hand, the wound on my face thankfully healed clean so I was not disfigured. .I had not connected that experience with the question of the OP. Thank you for reminding me of that. Maybe I would fight the good fight after all.

BTW...just as a follow up. I wish there was some heroic ending like I subdued the guy and the cops put him in prison but actually I lost. The guy got away after fucking me up pretty badly and damn near knocking me out cold. Nothing ever became of it. I like to think that at least I was able to get that girl away to safety and that karma will even the score, but I will never know for certain.

Forum List

Back