What if you became President tomorrow?

Palin Rider

Jul 20, 2010
Vincible
Imagine that tomorrow morning, the Secret Service came knocking at your door. You have been chosen, effective today, to replace Barack Obama as the next POTUS.

(Yes, I'm well aware that this is constitutionally impossible. Just work with me here, okay?)

The agents are there to transport you - and your spouse and kids, if you've got either - to DC to be sworn in that afternoon.

What would your plan be for the next 100 days to put the country on whatever you think is the right track?

Remember, you still have to get the existing Congress to support you.

Imagine that tomorrow morning, the Secret Service came knocking at your door. You have been chosen, effective today, to replace Barack Obama as the next POTUS.

(Yes, I'm well aware that this is constitutionally impossible. Just work with me here, okay?)

The agents are there to transport you - and your spouse and kids, if you've got either - to DC to be sworn in that afternoon.

What would your plan be for the next 100 days to put the country on whatever you think is the right track?

Remember, you still have to get the existing Congress to support you.
"If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
William Tecumseh Sherman

By lunch time, IsNtReal would not exist.
All " drugs" would be legal.
The death penalty would cover ' assaults' all the way down the ladder to stealing a piece of bubble gum.

Look for Ashton Krucher and the hidden camera?

Ask how long you have to have the job to get lifetime healthcare and a big pension.

I'd merge the US with Canada. I'd call the new country "Canada" and have a big red maple leaf as our flag. And everyone would have to wear beaver hats with tails.

That is pretty mean. Illegals don't seem to like Canada much. Plus there would be a beaver shortage and that would just spell trouble.

In no particular order:

Lift the embargo on Cuba
Dismiss every appointed bureaucrat.
Furlough damn near all the rest.
Retire 1/2 of the flag rank officers in the Pentagon
Begin the redeployment of all troops abroad to the nearest US territory
Re-assign the entire DEA to Adak Alaska.
Order the Treasury to begin producing U.S. Treasury notes with an exchange value of 1 treasury note for every 5 federal reserve notes.
Order an independent audit of the Federal Reserve and Fort Knox gold reserve.
Grab a beer and some beef enchiladas and take a nap...someplace real secure.

Five minutes after they arrived, I would announce my resignation.

Immie

I'd paint the white house taupe and call it the taupe house.

Lock pelosi in a closet.

Fire Hillary.

I'd merge the US with Canada. I'd call the new country "Canada" and have a big red maple leaf as our flag. And everyone would have to wear beaver hats with tails.

I do not think that will work. To many gun tottening Americans that would reject that option.

1. Close the borders and get those who are in the country already on a path to being legal (let's be real, kicking them all out is not possible)

2. Tear up Obamacare

3. Fire Eric Holder

4. Set a national policy of racism not being acceptable by ANYONE

5. Abolish the Department of Education

6. Tell Afghanistan and Iraq good luck and bring troops home, in fact bring all troops home unless the host nation is willing to pay for their services, at a profit

7. Kick the UN out of New York and refuse to be member

8. Abolish the current income tax in favor of a national sales tax

9. Inform Congress that any and all bills put before me that contain riders or earmarks will be vetoed.

10. Get rid of DADT

11. Get rid of DOMA

12. Reform welfare

13. Eat my first lunch as President

1. Close the borders and get those who are in the country already on a path to being legal (let's be real, kicking them all out is not possible)

2. Tear up Obamacare

3. Fire Eric Holder

6. Tell Afghanistan and Iraq good luck and bring troops home, in fact bring all troops home unless the host nation is willing to pay for their services, at a profit

9. Inform Congress that any and all bills put before me that contain riders or earmarks will be vetoed.

10. Get rid of DADT

11. Get rid of DOMA

12. Reform welfare

I hereby step down and give ConHog my vote of approval. I would like to be an advisor. I would advise you to ship out shot or lock up any liberals within the 50 states.

Last edited:
I would be convinced, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that America had gone bat0shit crazy.
Then I would legalize pot for anyone over 18, and tax it at 50%
Temperatures above 70 would require flip-flops and tank tops. Below 70, cowboy boots and tight-fitting jeans.
Bras would be outlawed.

2. Tear up Obamacare

3. Fire Eric Holder

10. Get rid of DADT

11. Get rid of DOMA

12. Reform welfare

Items 2, 5, 8, and 10-12 would all need congressional approval. Not sure what the UN charter says about eviction...

2. Tear up Obamacare

3. Fire Eric Holder

10. Get rid of DADT

11. Get rid of DOMA

12. Reform welfare

Items 2, 5, 8, and 10-12 would all need congressional approval. Not sure what the UN charter says about eviction...

Easily solved

2. I'm positive that after Nov I could garner the votes to abolish Obamacare
5. As President , I would get to name my own cabinet memebers, I would refuse to fill that position. Then I would inform Congress that any bill which included funding for said Dept, I would veto it.
8. The votes are there for this
10. Ditto
11. Ditto
12. Ditto

As for the UN, I guess you mistook me for someone who cares what they want.

Have to work within the constraints of Congress, eh? That throws out most of the suggestions so far.

I would say that I don't care about being re-elected, I don't care about a party regaining or retaining power, and I'm going to bring some things into the national discussion post haste, and not play any political games:

1. Close the borders, and seek a way to make the current illegals here, legal. Probably through a background check, a fine, and probationary citizenship for a period of time.

2. Legalize marijuana. Decriminalize possession of other drugs (not distribution).

3. Repeal DADT and DOMA.

4. Term limits for congressmen. 12 and out.

5. Abolish Dept. of Homeland Security and instead work to remove the institutional and Executive Order barriers between FBI and CIA.

Thats a start anyway. I'd probably have more ideas after a bit.

First, think I'd do is find Advisors who are more clever than I am and alot of common sense.

Second, I'd cut my salary.

Third, I'd audit the Federal Government. I may need Congressional approval for that. But I don't think it would be unreasonable.

Fourth, I'd set out an agenda to end the government waste and restore states rights. Can't really be more specific until I know how bad the actual damage is right now.

I'd focus on 3 things I want to accomplish and then do what I can to accomplish them. Probably something along the lines of:

1) Ending the wasteful deficit spending.
2) Securing the Northern and Souther Borders and streamlining legal immigration.
3) Restoring power to the states.

A few more I would add to ConHog's list

1. Make all tax voluntary, better than cutting taxes as people/businesses can choose whether they want to pay tax or not, and where their money goes.
2. Make an amendment to the constitution making government bailouts of failing companies illegal.
3. Relocate the UN (building and all) to Afghanistan. Nuke it.
4. a) Close all welfare departments and replace it with an organization made up of all businesses and workers unions in America, that keep tabs on living conditions and wages of workers.
b) Set up a national database of people who need work, however make sure this isn't linked to immigration or illegals will never join it.
c) Provide large government grants to businesses to get everyone in employment.
d) People who can't work/have mental issues are cared for in hospitals by non for profit organizations and public donations. Rather than forced social welfare.
e) Thus social welfare is ended. Trillions saved and no one is in poverty/unemployed anymore.
5. Cut all govt funded foreign aid save to nations that actually support and like the US like Israel, South Korea, Taiwan, India, Singapore, Japan....not much more than that. Save billions there.
6. Remove internal terrorism as a threat by:
a) Making it illegal to say in public areas including mosques "death to America", "death to Israel",etc Basically anything on the lines of expressing that you want to kill people or destroy an entire nation.
b) When people do that, treat them like they have some mental condition like a mental delusion and get people to visit from organizations and Islamic/religious groups that don't hate America to teach them why wanting to kill Jews, American's,etc and destroy nations is wrong.
c) The real bad guys that have no hope of recovery can be locked away for good.
7. Probably missed something but meh as this will never happen anyway.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back