CDZ What if we ARE alone?

I really take no position on how the Universe was created. I really don't know. I know there is no evidence of a 'God' creating man or anything else.
Don't think that not believing your fairy tales or taking a position is 'blind faith'
There is no natural explanation for the creation of the universe. That only leaves the supernatural.

I really take no position on how the Universe was created. I really don't know. I know there is no evidence of a 'God' creating man or anything else.
Don't think that not believing your fairy tales or taking a position is 'blind faith'
There is no natural explanation for the creation of the universe. That only leaves the supernatural.

You don't know of a natural explanation- so you reach for the supernatural.

Like people have always done before there was science.

To me the very existence of the universe is proof of intelligent design.

Because if it wasn't intelligent design then that means the universe created itself out of nothing and that is not comprehensible to the human mind.

You don't get something for nothing. We even have a Law of Physics for that.
True, if there was intelligent design, it lies in the Laws of Physics. Everything else, however, is evolution, IMO.
When God created the universe he needed some kind of structure to it. If He didn't then we would have chaos. One interesting thing about the gravity constant. If it was a just tiny fraction more or a tiny fraction less we would not have the universe. I don't think that was happenstance that the secularist believe.
It's certainly possible. The Big Bang may have been the result of the Big Man, but all the rest is all evolution, right?

You know that TBB is just a place holder, don't you? A place holder to explain something that can't be explained.

No scientist alive can tell you what was here before the BB, what energy initiated the BB or where the energy from the BB came from.

They also can't explain how the BB happen within the Laws of Physics as we know them.

However, to answer your question. The universe in general and microcosms within has changed over time. I think that is pretty much a given.
All I was saying is that there was no separate creation of the earth, animals or humans.

You may be a little confused.

All those things were in fact created separately.

The material for the creation of those entities may have been around for a long time but the earth certainly wasn't around until it came into existence.

How would that conclusion change your perception of the Earth, the universe and mankind? Would you still believe all of these were accidental? Would our uniqueness upset your belief in scientific certainty?

Or would you never accept the possibility that we might be alone?

What possible difference would it make?

True, if there was intelligent design, it lies in the Laws of Physics. Everything else, however, is evolution, IMO.
When God created the universe he needed some kind of structure to it. If He didn't then we would have chaos. One interesting thing about the gravity constant. If it was a just tiny fraction more or a tiny fraction less we would not have the universe. I don't think that was happenstance that the secularist believe.
It's certainly possible. The Big Bang may have been the result of the Big Man, but all the rest is all evolution, right?

You know that TBB is just a place holder, don't you? A place holder to explain something that can't be explained.

No scientist alive can tell you what was here before the BB, what energy initiated the BB or where the energy from the BB came from.

They also can't explain how the BB happen within the Laws of Physics as we know them.

However, to answer your question. The universe in general and microcosms within has changed over time. I think that is pretty much a given.
All I was saying is that there was no separate creation of the earth, animals or humans.

You may be a little confused.

All those things were in fact created separately.

The material for the creation of those entities may have been around for a long time but the earth certainly wasn't around until it came into existence.
They weren't created at all; they evolved. I'm afraid you're the one that's confused.

Actually we really do know who built the pyramids- there are written records of the building, along with troves of archeological evidence that support the written records.

Records can be rewritten to suit the conquerors and all other records destroyed.

We also know that 'human' DNA evolved on this planet- certainly its possible that the very first life on earth came from somewhere else but we have plenty of evidence that 'homo sapien' DNA evolved here. The more recent discoveries that our DNA includes some Neanderthal and some Denosovian DNA just reinforces.

It is still only a assumption. If life developed on Earth from some amebode or bacteria that was brought here from elsewhere it may have a predisposition to develop along the same lines as another of it's kind in some other star system(s) throughout the universe. This would be very similar to convergent evolution that occurs between mammals and marsupials only at the cellular level. Thereby making life everywhere compatible and nearly indistinguishable from life elsewhere. Until we can actually go there and study a different ecology we'll never know.

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back