CDZ What if we ARE alone?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
How would that conclusion change your perception of the Earth, the universe and mankind? Would you still believe all of these were accidental? Would our uniqueness upset your belief in scientific certainty?

Or would you never accept the possibility that we might be alone?

Doubt we're completely alone, but it may be very rare because the collision that created the moon was so important to the development of life.

How would that conclusion change your perception of the Earth, the universe and mankind? Would you still believe all of these were accidental? Would our uniqueness upset your belief in scientific certainty?

Well then it's all ours except for Europa!

Doubt we're completely alone, but it may be very rare because the collision that created the moon was so important to the development of life.
How do you know what created the moon? No one knows what created the moon. For all we know Sponge Bob created the moon.

I think life might exist elsewhere in forms we would not recognize as life. That said, if we are alone, doesn't matter to me. I will be dead in 140 years give or take either way. As far as I am concerned the universe ends when I do.

I think life might exist elsewhere in forms we would not recognize as life. That said, if we are alone, doesn't matter to me. I will be dead in 140 years give or take either way. As far as I am concerned the universe ends when I do.
How do your kids feel about that?

How do your kids feel about that?

Like the universe will end when they do since they each think they are the center of it :10:

I don't believe we are the sole inhabitants of the entire universe.
However, for all intents and purposes our exploration of space should be more about human expansion and ability to take advantage of resources available on other objects. Ability to protect Earth from large objects.
Looking for life should only be a curiosity not the sole mission of space exploration.

The silence from the Void is only reassuring at our point in development, as we would not fare well by any encounter with anything more advanced.

How do you know what created the moon?

The moon has certain characteristics which can only be explained by an extraterrestrial collision with Earth, such as the fact that its rotation and orbit around the Earth are exactly the same. This could only have occurred from the gradual coalescence of pulverized material blasted from the Earth's surface and weighted by the Earth's gravity.

A very sad prospect indeed to think that our miserable shabby assed excuse for intelligent life is the best that could be done.

How do you know what created the moon?

The moon has certain characteristics which can only be explained by an extraterrestrial collision with Earth, such as the fact that its rotation and orbit around the Earth are exactly the same. This could only have occurred from the gradual coalescence of pulverized material blasted from the Earth's surface and weighted by the Earth's gravity.
How can we know what those characteristics are since we have never seen an extraterrestrial collision up close and studied it?

How do you know what created the moon? No one knows what created the moon. For all we know Sponge Bob created the moon.
What's your hypothesis? I think I'll accept the opinion of those that know what they're talking about.

How can we know what those characteristics are since we have never seen an extraterrestrial collision up close and studied it?

We know that the same side of the Moon always faces the Earth because we can see it. A collision with Earth is the only rational explanation for this.

We know that the same side of the Moon always faces the Earth because we can see it. A collision with Earth is the only rational explanation for this.
Sorry but no.

The near side of the Moon is the lunar hemisphere that is permanently turned towards Earth, whereas the opposite side is the far side. Only one side of the Moon is visible from Earth because the Moon rotates on its axis at the same rate that the Moon orbits the Earth – a situation known as synchronous rotation, or tidal locking.

A very sad prospect indeed to think that our miserable shabby assed excuse for intelligent life is the best that could be done.

That raises a question that atheists won't answer: Do you believe that humans are the highest form of intelligence in the universe?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back