CDZ What if this Nation was subdivided into small Nations

I have thought lately due to the strong divide in the country that would it be wise to break up the Nation into several Sub-Nations each controlling their own area in the manner that they want it to be. This would take away the control that DC has managed to take over. We would still be apart of the USA but so many power would be given back to the regions and the local people. The High Court would still be the place to go with problems and the Bill of Rights and the Constitution would still be the rule of law. I know the power problems would be hard to overcome but they would be as the understanding became more normal. This would remove the Congress but the Senate would remain. Kind of a strange idea but it is not a new one. Some futurist predicted that this would happen someday.

It's time to actually break up the union. Three or four smaller countries would form. It's past time. There is a faction in the US that is hellbent on forcing their religion to become national policy so I say let them go form their own country. Call it FakeJesusLand or The New Confederacy of Slavery and Preachin'. Whatever. Outlaw all religions except theirs, put up a wall around their new country 30 feet high, and force all women regardless of age or if they were raped or by incest to carry a pregnancy to term.

Go, be happy. This small but sizable cohort in the US is a ball and chain that keeps the rest of us from moving forward. They whine about everything. So go, be happy. Bitch to each other how you have now found your red state utopia with your huge wall and mandatory worship of guns.

The rest of the world can then continue on with sane reality rather than 2,000 year old religious dogma.

You might consider emigrating to one of the other nations in the "rest of the world" and leave the US to those who support it.

You go, those other countries exhibit the same totalitarian tendencies that you exhibit. In America we have free speech. Don't like it? TOUGH. Go to your safe space snowflake.

I have thought lately due to the strong divide in the country that would it be wise to break up the Nation into several Sub-Nations each controlling their own area in the manner that they want it to be. This would take away the control that DC has managed to take over. We would still be apart of the USA but so many power would be given back to the regions and the local people. The High Court would still be the place to go with problems and the Bill of Rights and the Constitution would still be the rule of law. I know the power problems would be hard to overcome but they would be as the understanding became more normal. This would remove the Congress but the Senate would remain. Kind of a strange idea but it is not a new one. Some futurist predicted that this would happen someday.
The EU has the same principle, sort of. If someone is dissatisfied with a court decision at the highest level in their country, they can appeal to a European court. And there is a European parliament.

The problem with such an approach is that the whole is weaker militarily and politically than a stronger central government.

The left wing nations would end up 3rd world rat holes...then they would start invading the wealthier Conservative, better run nations....just like we saw in the 1940s onward...

The red states are welfare states. Who's going to support Louisiana, Arkansas and Kansas? They'll have to pay their own way.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The left wing nations would end up 3rd world rat holes...then they would start invading the wealthier Conservative, better run nations....just like we saw in the 1940s onward...

The red states are welfare states. Who's going to support Louisiana, Arkansas and Kansas? They'll have to pay their own way.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

When the spigot is turned off, the takers will quickly flee to the "countries" where "free money" will continue to flow.

It's time to actually break up the union. Three or four smaller countries would form. It's past time. There is a faction in the US that is hellbent on forcing their religion to become national policy so I say let them go form their own country. Call it FakeJesusLand or The New Confederacy of Slavery and Preachin'. Whatever. Outlaw all religions except theirs, put up a wall around their new country 30 feet high, and force all women regardless of age or if they were raped or by incest to carry a pregnancy to term.

Go, be happy. This small but sizable cohort in the US is a ball and chain that keeps the rest of us from moving forward. They whine about everything. So go, be happy. Bitch to each other how you have now found your red state utopia with your huge wall and mandatory worship of guns.

The rest of the world can then continue on with sane reality rather than 2,000 year old religious dogma.

You might consider emigrating to one of the other nations in the "rest of the world" and leave the US to those who support it.

You go, those other countries exhibit the same totalitarian tendencies that you exhibit. In America we have free speech. Don't like it? TOUGH. Go to your safe space snowflake.

You are the one who expressed discontent with the United States and yearned for the "sane reality" of the "rest of the world", so your ridiculous retort is meaningless. No one was infringing on your "free speech", nor have I exhibited any sort of totalitarian tendency. Your silly statement just shows you're really just trying to denigrate your fellow Americans and are an excellent example of the south end of a north-bound donkey. Feel free to continue whining, though...it made me laugh.

Left wing nations wouldn't be perfect, but they would have human rights and acceptance for all. Everyone would have healthcare. People would be equal, compassionate and nobody would have to worry about who they are.

Right wing nations would be authoritarian Christofacist third world countries with an oligarchy system.

Left wing nations wouldn't be perfect, but they would have human rights and acceptance for all. Everyone would have healthcare. People would be equal, compassionate and nobody would have to worry about who they are.

Right wing nations would be authoritarian Christofacist third world countries with an oligarchy system.

Left wing nations after 1917 murdered 100 million innocent men, women and children......do you even understand history?

It/she was never divided up into small(er) nations.

But it was once divided up into 13 sovereign colonies.

What if it HAD BEEN divided up into small(er) nations is a pipe dream.

President U.S. "Hyrum" Grant explained in his own Memoirs why this WOULD never happen.

I moved and never will leave Alabama for any reason, except the water does get a little high in the Summers. We have to many Yankees who want to turn the place into Southern New York. They need to move to Fla, I'll help load the U Haul for them.

It/she was never divided up into small(er) nations.

But it was once divided up into 13 sovereign colonies.

What if it HAD BEEN divided up into small(er) nations is a pipe dream.

President U.S. "Hyrum" Grant explained in his own Memoirs why this WOULD never happen.
Grant was a joke, he was joking.

then it wouldn't be our nation. the founders rejected having a loose group of states when they rejected the articles of confederation.

you can't pick out the pieces of the constitution you like and reject everything else. the POINT of it was a strong central government.

weird
You would just have the Courts rewrite the law as they have done in the past.

What if this Nation was subdivided into small Nations

Essentially, it already is...

Just what I was going to say.

The so-called "states rights" does enormous harm but very little good.

The US should decide if they really are "one nation, indivisible" or not.

As it is, when some politician doesn't have the gumption to make a decision and stand up for it, he/she will say the states should decide for their own state but no others. And yet, all the states taxpayers have no choice but to support things with which we disagree.

Or move.
It would be hard to move a Nation don't you think....

I move to Alabama it seem a little more conservative than Jersy or NY.

So you want more states rights.

Ir was tried in 1861 but the USA disagreed.
Times have changed we have grown apart more so than back in 1861. Population has shifted, and values have followed. So it is not completely the same as prior to the civil war.
The principle remains; the USA will not permit secession of any state from the Union.
Together but separate would work.
As long as "Together" preserves the Union, the Federal Government has no objection.

What if this Nation was subdivided into small Nations

Essentially, it already is...

Just what I was going to say.

The so-called "states rights" does enormous harm but very little good.

The US should decide if they really are "one nation, indivisible" or not.

As it is, when some politician doesn't have the gumption to make a decision and stand up for it, he/she will say the states should decide for their own state but no others. And yet, all the states taxpayers have no choice but to support things with which we disagree.

Or move.
It would be hard to move a Nation don't you think....

The Trail of Tears is still there.

Forum List

Back