What If They Filibustered American Idol?

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
I had a nightmare. I may be the only person on the planet who’s never watched American Idol, which is why this is so weird.

Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, the regular judges on Fox’s hit TV show, were replaced for one night by none other than Sens. Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts), Chuck Schumer (D-New York) and the Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada). If you think Simon is cold, you should have seen these guys.

Only one contestant performed on the show. Even though he was a smash hit, millions in the audience were denied the right to vote on the Italian-American singer named Francis Albert Sinatra
http://www.cwfa.org/articles/8117/LEGAL/judges/index.htm

mom4 said:
I had a nightmare. I may be the only person on the planet who’s never watched American Idol, which is why this is so weird.

Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, the regular judges on Fox’s hit TV show, were replaced for one night by none other than Sens. Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts), Chuck Schumer (D-New York) and the Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada). If you think Simon is cold, you should have seen these guys.

Only one contestant performed on the show. Even though he was a smash hit, millions in the audience were denied the right to vote on the Italian-American singer named Francis Albert Sinatra
http://www.cwfa.org/articles/8117/LEGAL/judges/index.htm

I've never watched either.. But for your nightmare! It scared me and I was wide awake. :p:

Stephanie said:
I've never watched either.. But for your nightmare! It scared me and I was wide awake. :p:

Wasn't my nightmare. It was the author's.

i have watched the auditions, because that's the only good part. after that' i am bored with it. i think the only time i did watch past the auditions is when Josh Graycin (the one that was/is a Marine) was on, and in one episode, Simon said he thought Josh needed to get in better shape-i.e. lose weight. Everyone else there said there is no way he needed to be in better shape, that he's a Marine, and they have to be physically fit to handle their daily work, and Josh challenged Simon to a push-up contest! Simon backed down of course.

when Reuben won over Clay, the show was proven to be fixed because Reuben has the musical range of a teaspoon. Clay is WAY better. But to me, they didn't want to be accused of being racist, biggots, etc., because Clay is thin, and white, and Reuben is big and black, so to show how universal they are, they staged Reuben to win to cater to the black/minority populations.

I think Clay Aiken should have won too, but I think I heard that the reason Ruben won was because all his relatives voted about a gazillion times, and, even then, he just barely beat Clay. Now that being said, I bought both their CDs, and I like Ruben's CD much better than Clay's. They geared the music on Clay's CD to appeal more to the teeny boppers.

Forum List

Back