What If They Called It The 'Protect & Preserve America Act?'...

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. Republicans want to put every pregnant woman in the US under guard.

So if they gave Martial Law a new label such as the 'Protect And Preserve America Act', would you and most other Americans accept their Martial Law?

Ignorance and idiocy.

Congress can’t ‘legislate martial law.’

The Supreme Court was clear in Ex parte Milligan – martial law may be declared only where courts can not function, where there is ‘actual war,’ and only in the immediate vicinity of war:

If, in foreign invasion or civil war, the courts are actually closed, and it is impossible to administer criminal justice according to law, then, on the theatre of active military operations, where war really prevails, there is a necessity to furnish a substitute for the civil authority, thus overthrown, to preserve the safety of the army and society, and as no power is left but the military, it is allowed to govern by martial rule until the laws can have their free course. As necessity creates the rule, so it limits its duration, for, if this government is continued after the courts are reinstated, it is a gross usurpation of power. Martial rule can never exist where the courts are open and in the proper and unobstructed exercise of their jurisdiction. It is also confined to the locality of actual war.
I guess we'll see.

No, we won’t.

I didn't say they would call it Martial Law. But their actions would be the equivalent. I do hope & pray you're right though. No one wants to see it happen.

Last edited:
Ows is a joke. There is nothing out there massive enough to cause any type of martial law to be declared.

Yeah, i agree. The next major Terrorist Attack or substantial Civil Unrest would be the catalysts. OWS just isn't significant enough

Would you and most other Americans then gladly accept Martial Law? Most American Citizens really do believe Martial Law just can't happen here. But the next Terrorist Attack on our soil or massive Civil Unrest could tell another tale. Now i know many are going to read this and quickly label it 'Crazy Conspiracy Theory' stuff. But is it really?

Another large Terrorist Attack on our soil or massive Civil Unrest are actually very likely. How will our Government react to that? We've already seen that most Americans are willing to accept almost anything from their Government when their actions are given safe patriotic labels like the 'Patriot Act' and 'Homeland Security.' So if they gave Martial Law a new label such as the 'Protect And Preserve America Act', would you and most other Americans accept their Martial Law?

Touche Pauly. I always hated the clever naming of acts to either disguise what the plan actually is, and/or create an environment where lawmakers will receive unwarranted public pressure to support said act; Horeseshit contrived acronyms such as "PATRIOT" being the prime example, but far from the only example.

Would you and most other Americans then gladly accept Martial Law? Most American Citizens really do believe Martial Law just can't happen here. But the next Terrorist Attack on our soil or massive Civil Unrest could tell another tale. Now i know many are going to read this and quickly label it 'Crazy Conspiracy Theory' stuff. But is it really?

Another large Terrorist Attack on our soil or massive Civil Unrest are actually very likely. How will our Government react to that? We've already seen that most Americans are willing to accept almost anything from their Government when their actions are given safe patriotic labels like the 'Patriot Act' and 'Homeland Security.' So if they gave Martial Law a new label such as the 'Protect And Preserve America Act', would you and most other Americans accept their Martial Law?

Touche Pauly. I always hated the clever naming of acts to either disguise what the plan actually is, and/or create an environment where lawmakers will receive unwarranted public pressure to support said act; Horeseshit contrived acronyms such as "PATRIOT" being the prime example, but far from the only example.

They have to sell their oppressive control to the People. They're selling a product. And using patriotic labels like the 'Patriot Act' sells the product perfectly. I mean after all, how can something called the 'Patriot Act' or 'Homeland Security' be bad for you? They'll likely usher in their Martial Law at some point. I think that's just inevitable now. But they sure aint gonna call it Martial Law. The American People have proven themselves to be very easily duped.

Why are the Paultards so obsessed with martial law? You guys have been "predicting" it since 2005, complete with false flag scenarios, black helicopters, and rail cars full of chained up ordinary Americans that refused flu shots.

Step away from the Alex Jones. Remove the tinfoil hat.

I will also get rich selling T-shirts that have the Fatherland Security logo on the front, and the expression, "IF YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT FROM THE POLICE" in big letters on the back.

I know you're being funny, but many American dipshits would buy them. They've been duped for so long, they just don't know any better. They do what their told.

I have no doubt fatherland supporters would buy my T-shirt with no sense of irony whatsoever.

When I buy groceries, the cashier doesn't care if my money came from complete idiots.

You are calling attention to what really is our Country's most menacing prospect, that of a transition from constitutional democracy to a fascistic aristocracy presided over by international bankers and corporate CEOs. The primary function of the institution presently thought of as government of, for and by the People will gradually evolve as the primary means of enforcing compliance from a subjugated population and work force via the imposition of police authority reinforced wherever necessary by an entirely voluntary "federal" military.

The framework of this projected new world order began with the positioning of Ronald Reagan, the man from General Electric, who began disassembling the politically and economically powerful middle class by crippling the union movement and by commencing removal of those regulations imposed by FDR's New Deal which had protected the interests of the public by constraining banks, corporations and financial speculators from engaging in the kind of exploitative schemes and maneuvers we're seeing today. In anticipation of eventual resistance from a disaffected public he commenced militarization of state and local police agencies by escalating the already proven futile War on Drugs and classifying the exaggerated situation as a national emergency.

As for the Patriot Act and the introduction of the Homeland Security Administration, those who tend to regard what I'm saying here as paranoid delusion should read a book called, The Theory and Practice of Hell, by Eugen Kogen. Kogen, who barely survived confinement in a Nazi concentration camp, was one of many German intellectuals who watched the rise of the Third Reich and was ridiculed when he spoke of his fears to friends and relatives. He recalls that one of the first things Hitler did after assuming power was to institute an agency called, Der Heimatsicherministerium, which translates as The Department of Homeland Security and imposes, among others, many of the conditions outlined in the Patriot Act.

What came later is history.

Martial Law? Covering the entire nation? Over a localized terrorist attack, even a massive one like 9-11? I don't think so. Civil unrest? Again I see a possiblity of a local area being placed under temporary martial law, like the Detroit Riot of 1967 (the military was called in but the area was not under martial law). If the Vietnam protesters in the 60 and 70's didn't warrant martial law I don't see anything on the horizon that would.
A great deal has changed since the 60s and 70s and it's happened so gradually that most who are old enough to have seen the changes take place -- didn't. And those who aren't old enough to recognize the difference simply can't remember when it felt different to live in America.

police-state-post.jpg

For one thing, this was not a familiar sight back in the 60s and 70s. Back then it would have been cause for alarm and the only time it would have been acceptable is in the event of a violent attack on some official or vulnerable place.

I like to know what's in a bill before i support it. Politicians use way too much deception naming them

And isn't it often very difficult to truly KNOW how the effects of a bill will play, out, too?

Especially when bills are often riddled with referenced to other bills, that are themselves riddled with referencing to other bills, etc. etc.

One needs to study those bills with a complete set of US statuetes to really even begin to understand what the bill is (but often isn't, really) saying.

So most of us, myself included, depend on organizations with the resources to study those bills in depth to understand their purpose and probably outcomes.

And who you TRUST will dictate what you believe the bill contains, too.

It ain't easy to be a well infromed citizen, folks.

And THAT is NOT, I think, entirely an accident.

Last edited:
I like to know what's in a bill before i support it. Politicians use way too much deception naming them

And isn't it often very difficult to truly KNOW how the effects of a bill will play, out, too?

Especially when bills are often riddled with referenced to other bills, that are themselves riddled with referencing to other bills, etc. etc.

One needs to study those bills with a complete set of US statuetes to really even begin to understand what the bill is (but often isn't, really) saying.

So most of us, myself included, depend on organizations with the resources to study those bills in depth to understand their purpose and probably outcomes.

And who you TRUST will dictate what you believe the bill contains, too.

It ain't easy to be a well infromed citizen, folks.

And THAT is NOT, I think, entirely an accident.
You are quite right.

The existing situation is we have a Congress which is dominated by lawyers who routinely and methodically employ the most typically deceptive tactics used by lawyers against the lay citizen, which is confusing, often inscrutable bloviation designed to baffle even other lawyers.

This kind of trickery represents 90% of what the legal "profession" is about. It seeks to supersede the use of simple, ordinary, universally comprehended language.

You are calling attention to what really is our Country's most menacing prospect, that of a transition from constitutional democracy to a fascistic aristocracy presided over by international bankers and corporate CEOs. The primary function of the institution presently thought of as government of, for and by the People will gradually evolve as the primary means of enforcing compliance from a subjugated population and work force via the imposition of police authority reinforced wherever necessary by an entirely voluntary "federal" military.

The framework of this projected new world order began with the positioning of Ronald Reagan, the man from General Electric, who began disassembling the politically and economically powerful middle class by crippling the union movement and by commencing removal of those regulations imposed by FDR's New Deal which had protected the interests of the public by constraining banks, corporations and financial speculators from engaging in the kind of exploitative schemes and maneuvers we're seeing today. In anticipation of eventual resistance from a disaffected public he commenced militarization of state and local police agencies by escalating the already proven futile War on Drugs and classifying the exaggerated situation as a national emergency.

As for the Patriot Act and the introduction of the Homeland Security Administration, those who tend to regard what I'm saying here as paranoid delusion should read a book called, The Theory and Practice of Hell, by Eugen Kogen. Kogen, who barely survived confinement in a Nazi concentration camp, was one of many German intellectuals who watched the rise of the Third Reich and was ridiculed when he spoke of his fears to friends and relatives. He recalls that one of the first things Hitler did after assuming power was to institute an agency called, Der Heimatsicherministerium, which translates as The Department of Homeland Security and imposes, among others, many of the conditions outlined in the Patriot Act.

Yes, the similarities are eerie. It's all in the label. I mean how could something called the 'Patriot Act' be bad for you?

Yes, the similarities are eerie. It's all in the label. I mean how could something called the 'Patriot Act' be bad for you?

Because it's not?

Because it's not?

Your opinion. Not mine.

Forum List

Back