What If the Tea Party Wins?

If the Tea Party wins, America will start leaning back left. Why? Because we like to complain about the government. We don't really care who's in power - whoever it is, they are doing it all wrong. Thus balance is achieved.

If the Tea Party wins, I'll start voting Liberal and arguing about politics more. Till then, I'll continue voting Libertarian and trying to figure out how to take care of the poor person(s) in the country.

Show a time in history where the ideas of the right have every worked as they claim?

The Nixon years witnessed the first large-scale integration of public schools in the South. Nixon sought a middle way between the segregationist Wallace and liberal Democrats, whose support of integration was alienating some Southern whites. Hopeful of doing well in the South in 1972, he sought to dispose of desegregation as a political issue before then. Soon after his inauguration, he appointed Vice President Agnew to lead a task force, which worked with local leaders—both white and black—to determine how to integrate local schools. Agnew had little interest in the work, and most of it was done by Labor Secretary George Shultz. Federal aid was available, and a meeting with President Nixon was a possible reward for compliant committees. By September 1970, fewer than ten percent of black children were attending segregated schools. By 1971, however, tensions over desegregation surfaced in Northern cities, with angry protests over the busing of children to schools outside their neighborhood to achieve racial balance. Nixon opposed busing personally but did not subvert court orders requiring its use.

In addition to desegregating public schools, Nixon implemented the Philadelphia Plan in 1970—the first significant federal affirmative action program. He also endorsed the Equal Rights Amendment after it passed both houses of Congress in 1972 and went to the states for ratification. Nixon had campaigned as an ERA supporter in 1968, though feminists criticized him for doing little to help the ERA or their cause after his election, though he appointed more women to administration positions than Lyndon Johnson had.

Now look what you went and did Warrior.... TM will just go :lalala:

She wasnt really asking for an answer. :lol:

The failure in public and in private life thus to treat each man on his own merits, the recognition of this government as being either for the poor as such or for the rich as such, would prove fatal to our Republic, as such failure and such recognition have always proved fatal in the past to other republics. A healthy republican government must rest upon individuals, not upon classes or sections. As soon as it becomes government by a class or by a section, it departs from the old American ideal.
Many qualities are needed by a people which would preserve the power of self- government in fact as well as in name. Among these qualities are forethought, shrewdness, self-restraint, the courage which refuses to abandon one's own rights, and the disinterested and kindly good sense which enables one to do justice to the rights of others. Lack of strength and lack of courage and unfit men for self-government on the one hand; and on the other, brutal arrogance, envy- in short, any manifestation of the spirit of selfish disregard, whether of one's own duties or of the rights of others, are equally fatal.
In the history of mankind many republics have risen, have flourished for a less or greater time, and then have fallen because their citizens lost the power of governing themselves and thereby of governing their state; and in no way has this loss of power been so often and so clearly shown as in the tendency to turn the government into a government primarily for the benefit of one class instead of a government for the benefit of the people as a whole. Again and again in the republics of ancient Greece, in those of medieval Italy and medieval Flanders, this tendency was shown, and wherever the tendency became a habit it invariably and inevitably proved fatal to the state. In the final result, it mattered not one whit whether the movement was in favor of one class or of another.
The outcome was equally fatal, whether the country fell into the hands of a wealthy oligarchy which exploited the poor or whether it fell under the domination of a turbulent mob which plundered the rich. In both cases there resulted violent alternations between tyranny and disorder, and a final complete loss of liberty to all citizens--destruction in the end overtaking the class which had for the moment been victorious as well as that which had momentarily been defeated. The death-knell of the Republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others.
The reason why our future is assured lies in the fact that our people are genuinely skilled in and fitted for self-government and therefore will spurn the leadership of those who seek to excite this ferocious and foolish class antagonism. The average American knows not only that he himself intends to do what is right, but that his average fellow countryman has the same intention and the same power to make his intention effective. He knows, whether he be business man, professional man, farmer, mechanic, employer, or wage-worker, that the welfare of each of these men is bound up with the welfare of all the others; that each is neighbor to the other, is actuated by the same hopes and fears, has fundamentally the same ideals, and that all alike have much the same virtues and the same faults. Our average fellow citizen is a sane and healthy man who believes in decency and has a wholesome mind. He therefore feels an equal scorn alike for the man of wealth guilty of the mean and base spirit of arrogance toward those who are less well off, and for the man of small means who in his turn either feels, or seeks to excite in others the feeling of mean and base envy for those who are better off. The two feelings, envy and arrogance, are but opposite sides of the same shield, but different developments of the same spirit....
The line of cleavage between good citizenship and bad citizenship separates the rich man who does well from the rich man who does ill, the poor man of good conduct from the poor man of bad conduct. This line of cleavage lies at right angles to any such arbitrary line of division as that separating one class from another, one locality from another, or men with a certain degree of property from those of a less degree of property.

http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/images/research/speeches/trsquaredealspeech.pdf

Footnote: Speech given while Jim Crow and government enforced segregation was law of the land.

Irony is lost on the ironic.

Yeah I guess Totalitarianism is just so much easier on the brain than Self Government. No indecision, no hard choices. Just you remember you are always free to agree with Centralized Government and that one size truly fits all. If there is a problem with that, know that the problem's on your end, not Government's, and that you aren't trying hard enough, Comrade. :lol:

Your inane (or insane) comment is noted for what it is, an idiotgram. Maybe that's too harsh, maybe you're extremely ignorant or so patisan dishonesty is your only play. In any case your response isn't a counterpoint to anything I posted above.

Supporting Link?
Supporting Link?
Supporting Link.

It the problems weren't so serious this entire circus would be hilarious.
If your claims weren't so pathetic, and baseless, maybe they could be taken more seriously.

Tell me did you ever lie as a witness under oath, Officer? Never mind, wouldn't want to expose anything here.

Your inane (or insane) comment is noted for what it is, an idiotgram. Maybe that's too harsh, maybe you're extremely ignorant or so patisan dishonesty is your only play. In any case your response isn't a counterpoint to anything I posted above.

Your intellect and wit is just too much for me.

You are an authority on History, now? A Pelosi Supporter, You said it so it must be true. Who better to define the Republican Party, the Tea Party, Conservatism, than a washed up sellout. Yeah. I take every word you say seriously because you have so shown how reasonable and fair minded you are. I wouldn't trust you for directions, Jackass.

For the Record, My position is Anti Centralized Government Tyranny. I support Federalism. I am against the Nationalism of Industry. I am against One Size fits All solutions. I support Separation of Powers. Unlike you, I am against abuse of authority, badge or no badge.

Had you put the Establishment of Justice before the interest of your Click, maybe California wouldn't be so fucked up, Moron.

None are so blind as those who are willfully ignorant. I have no "link" other than my powers of observation, if you disagree with my opinion, make a credible argument. Your response is nothing more than an ad hominem deflection.

Supporting Link?
Supporting Link?
Supporting Link.

If your claims weren't so pathetic, and baseless, maybe they could be taken more seriously.

Tell me did you ever lie as a witness under oath, Officer? Never mind, wouldn't want to expose anything here.

Your intellect and wit is just too much for me.

You are an authority on History, now? A Pelosi Supporter, You said it so it must be true. Who better to define the Republican Party, the Tea Party, Conservatism, than a washed up sellout. Yeah. I take every word you say seriously because you have so shown how reasonable and fair minded you are. I wouldn't trust you for directions, Jackass.

For the Record, My position is Anti Centralized Government Tyranny. I support Federalism. I am against the Nationalism of Industry. I am against One Size fits All solutions. I support Separation of Powers. Unlike you, I am against abuse of authority, badge or no badge.

Had you put the Establishment of Justice before the interest of your Click, maybe California wouldn't be so fucked up, Moron.

None are so blind as those who are willfully ignorant. I have no "link" other than my powers of observation, if you disagree with my opinion, make a credible argument. Your response is nothing more than an ad hominem deflection.
Your definition of "credible argument" being, of course, "one that agrees with me 100%".

If you want your ass kissed, I submit you're in the wrong place. Stamping your feet and pouting isn't going to make it happen.

Ok tell us what a tea party government would do?

considering tea partiers are just neo cons/dittoheads/conservatives/republicans in disguise etc., the same thing they always do. support corporate america over everyday citizens! defend corporate america's buyout of our government at every turn.:tongue:

Exactly ;)

dangle.jpg

Thanks to Fark, I truly needed this laugh from NewportBarGuy;

I don't mind retards, they live among us and we have to deal with them every day. The Tea Party wouldn't scare me if they were just a pack of tards, but they are a pack of tards with a bankroll. It's like giving $10,000,000 to the special ed class and leaving them alone for 2 months. Feces and fingerpaint EVERYWHERE!

Thanks to Fark, I truly needed this laugh from NewportBarGuy;

I don't mind retards, they live among us and we have to deal with them every day. The Tea Party wouldn't scare me if they were just a pack of tards, but they are a pack of tards with a bankroll. It's like giving $10,000,000 to the special ed class and leaving them alone for 2 months. Feces and fingerpaint EVERYWHERE!

well that's pretty much about on the level of crap you post here anyway.

Last edited:

How about you just try to teach [the poor] to be self reliant?

someone else's ability to motivate himself is out of my control.

kinda like who wins the next election.

the poor aren't lacking knowledge, they're lacking wealth. it may or may not be causally connected to education. that's not my call.

Granny says, "Well den...

... guess we'll all be havin' tea...

... at 4 in the afternoon...

... like dem British folks do."
:tongue:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back