What if the Republican Party became irrelevant?

If either party becomes irrelevant then you will be living under a one party system a system that has only one voice and a Government that will be able to enact pretty much any regulations or laws they want and by and large have the power to control your life. Historically that has been known as the communist system of Government. Is that really the type of Government anyone here want's to live under?

There will always be at least two parties, if the GOP goes down we will just reinvent it as something else but as it stands now they have painted themselves into a corner where they are unable to moderate or break from their rigid ideology in any way, it's like a battleship in a narrow straight with no room to manuver, sure they have power but no flexibility.

If either party becomes irrelevant then you will be living under a one party system a system that has only one voice and a Government that will be able to enact pretty much any regulations or laws they want and by and large have the power to control your life. Historically that has been known as the communist system of Government. Is that really the type of Government anyone here want's to live under?

So WHY do these two parties have such a lock on the process?:eusa_whistle:

By design?

By design no but over the years money and corruption became more involved and accepted by the parties and for the most part we the people just sat back and watched it happen if we would demand term limits for members of both the House and the Senate and end this career politician stuff I think that would be a good first step in fixing this problem.

Shout it from the rooftops. Money, party, power over Country.

There will always be at least two parties, if the GOP goes down we will just reinvent it as something else but as it stands now they have painted themselves into a corner where they are unable to moderate or break from their rigid ideology in any way, it's like a battleship in a narrow straight with no room to manuver, sure they have power but no flexibility.
The Democrats however spout anything but 'Democratic principles' as Obama continues as the tituliar head of the Democrats to circumvent the Congress and the Constitution openly.

Then we might possibly have a future. Republicans are trying to drag us down into the bronze age.

Then Republican posters on the USMB say you don't make sense if you point that out. So you point out their positions on education being for snobs, the fact that medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy, let him die, the war on women's rights, the anti gay black Hispanic Muslim positions. The reason Republicans can't compromise is because they don't have a position that makes sense. Their tax policies.

In fact, their "cut taxes" as their only fiscal policy has become so over the top, with taxes being at historic lows, the ONLY place they have is cut corporate tax to zero. That's it. No other policy. After the trillions lost from the Bush tax cuts that redistributed the wealth of the nation to the top 1%, zero is the limit. They have painted themselves into a corner.

You can't get them to give you insight on a single Republican policy. I've tried. We've all tried. The emperor has no clothes.

Then we might possibly have a future. Republicans are trying to drag us down into the bronze age.

Then Republican posters on the USMB say you don't make sense if you point that out. So you point out their positions on education being for snobs, the fact that medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy, let him die, the war on women's rights, the anti gay black Hispanic Muslim positions. The reason Republicans can't compromise is because they don't have a position that makes sense. Their tax policies.

In fact, their "cut taxes" as their only fiscal policy has become so over the top, with taxes being at historic lows, the ONLY place they have is cut corporate tax to zero. That's it. No other policy. After the trillions lost from the Bush tax cuts that redistributed the wealth of the nation to the top 1%, zero is the limit. They have painted themselves into a corner.

You can't get them to give you insight on a single Republican policy. I've tried. We've all tried. The emperor has no clothes.

Correct. Obama has been exposed...Politicians of every stripe are exposed.

Oddly? YOU fail to cite your own side deany.

Now why is that>?:eusa_whistle:

I've seen recent estimates that in 20-30 years the largest segment of our population will be latino. These days the vast majority of them are expected to vote democratic, as are the vast majority of blacks. Seeing as how the dems are the party of handouts, and about half the country pays no income taxes but gets a lot of subsidies, it is conceivable that the GOP could become irrelevant. When the number of those making money is less than the number of those taking money, things tend to go downhill economically speaking. The democratic party could conceivably take permanent control of the US Gov't.

Is that a good thing? I know there are some leftwing ideologues who would jump for joy, but what would the result be in the long run? How long can you tax and spend more and more? How long before the debt gets so large that no one will buy our bonds? Can't happen? You might want to rethink that. Already the Chinese and some others are working to replace the dollar with something else, perhaps a basket of currencies. We ain't the only game in town any more.

It'll be fun watching the dems try to figure out who gets what when the takers outnumber the givers.. I hope I'm around.

We'd be mexico then. Once it starts getting too expensive to pander to the poor, nor necessary to have their support there will be no public benefits. There has been one party rule in mexico for decades.

I've seen recent estimates that in 20-30 years the largest segment of our population will be latino. These days the vast majority of them are expected to vote democratic, as are the vast majority of blacks. Seeing as how the dems are the party of handouts, and about half the country pays no income taxes but gets a lot of subsidies, it is conceivable that the GOP could become irrelevant. When the number of those making money is less than the number of those taking money, things tend to go downhill economically speaking. The democratic party could conceivably take permanent control of the US Gov't.

Is that a good thing? I know there are some leftwing ideologues who would jump for joy, but what would the result be in the long run? How long can you tax and spend more and more? How long before the debt gets so large that no one will buy our bonds? Can't happen? You might want to rethink that. Already the Chinese and some others are working to replace the dollar with something else, perhaps a basket of currencies. We ain't the only game in town any more.

Stopped reading here. Get fucked, retard.

Actually it's the point at which revolutions / civil wars are born.

It'll be fun watching the dems try to figure out who gets what when the takers outnumber the givers.. I hope I'm around.

The hispanics will kill off the blacks, if Planned Parenthood doesn't beat them to it.

The republican party is becoming irrelevant because they are getting older and are not attracting enough new blood to replace the ones dying of old age. What the hell do they have to offer a young person except a country where they have to accept that they do not deserve the advantages their parents had? The republican party is just fine with the fact that their children and grandchildren will be worse off then they are.

As to minorities, when republicans started their scapegoating war on immigration and the welfare state they knew who they were throwing overboard, complain all you want about democrats being all about free stuff, it doesn't change the fact that they tried to build a party on nothing but rich old men and church ladies, had to end sometime.

You haven't taken a good look at Santorum's campaign have you?

Seeing as how the dems are the party of handouts…

The GOP is also the party of handouts, the only difference is to whom.

Otherwise, the Democratic Party is capable of functioning successfully with a diverse makeup: there is no such thing as a ‘DINO.’

But fear not, the GOP can become relevant again by simply kicking out the radical rightist, social conservatives, and Christian fundamentalists.

So WHY do these two parties have such a lock on the process?:eusa_whistle:

By design?

By design no but over the years money and corruption became more involved and accepted by the parties and for the most part we the people just sat back and watched it happen if we would demand term limits for members of both the House and the Senate and end this career politician stuff I think that would be a good first step in fixing this problem.

There is a huge problem with that. You will eliminate the long view from our political reality. Muslim nations and long term kingdoms will be able to out maneuver us almost at will.

Seeing as how the dems are the party of handouts…

The GOP is also the party of handouts, the only difference is to whom.

Otherwise, the Democratic Party is capable of functioning successfully with a diverse makeup: there is no such thing as a ‘DINO.’

But fear not, the GOP can become relevant again by simply kicking out the radical rightist, social conservatives, and Christian fundamentalists.

Yeah we know. No such thing as a DINO because you don't care how disgusting somebody is as long as tyou get their money.

Forum List

Back