What If The Cartoons Were Of Jesus?

GotZoom said:
Would there be riots and all the political uproar?

No.

Would anyone care?

No.

Why not?

I think a few radical Christians might get miffed----the rest just turn the other cheek as instructed by Jesus.

what would you feel if muslim newspapers would publish

Bukkake on virgin Maria for catholics

Jesus having sex with a goat.

George Bush with a Swastika cross. wait we had that already.

nosarcasm said:
what would you feel if muslim newspapers would publish

Bukkake on virgin Maria for catholics

Jesus having sex with a goat.

George Bush with a Swastika cross. wait we had that already.

I think there was a Bukkake thing already.

No one would be allowed to say anything.

You know...that Freedom of Speech thing.

Darin's point is obvious. There are cartoons/"art" exhibits/lines in movies/etc. which denegrate Jesus ALL THE TIME. I'm offended by these things, and I'm sure other Christians are, too. But we don't declare war on the government or threaten to kill people.

I can totally see why Muslims are offended by some of the things out there, cartoons, etc. I don't find those types of things really very funny. But a sizeable portion of Muslims react WAAAYYY to seriously.

The difference is: Christians believe that God endowed people with the ability to choose to love Him or not. While something may be highly offensive to Christians, they may desire to be treated more respectfully, I've never heard of Christians threatening death to the offenders. According to the faith, it's a personal thing between the offenders and God. It's His right to punish them.

A sizeable portion of Muslims seem to be lacking this belief in personal relationship with Allah, and in Allah's divine right to retribution. I don't even know if those are parts of the religion or not. I don't know much about Islam, but these are just my observations.

mom4 said:
Darin's point is obvious. There are cartoons/"art" exhibits/lines in movies/etc. which denegrate Jesus ALL THE TIME. I'm offended by these things, and I'm sure other Christians are, too. But we don't declare war on the government or threaten to kill people.

I can totally see why Muslims are offended by some of the things out there, cartoons, etc. I don't find those types of things really very funny. But a sizeable portion of Muslims react WAAAYYY to seriously.

The difference is: Christians believe that God endowed people with the ability to choose to love Him or not. While something may be highly offensive to Christians, they may desire to be treated more respectfully, I've never heard of Christians threatening death to the offenders. According to the faith, it's a personal thing between the offenders and God. It's His right to punish them.

A sizeable portion of Muslims seem to be lacking this belief in personal relationship with Allah, and in Allah's divine right to retribution. I don't even know if those are parts of the religion or not. I don't know much about Islam, but these are just my observations.

You have summed up the entire religious theory of the Christian and Muslim religions.

Christians = love.
Muslims = retribution.

Bravo!

And on a related note the hits just keep on coming!!!!

Bin Laden as Christ Artwork Now Hanging In New York

http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_033162841.html

I wonder how many people are going to die in the rioting, the mayhem, the violence.... I wonder how many Moslems are going to get their butts kicked....

It's not even a question... we all know the answer is "ZERO"

KarlMarx said:
And on a related note the hits just keep on coming!!!!

Bin Laden as Christ Artwork Now Hanging In New York

http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_033162841.html

I wonder how many people are going to die in the rioting, the mayhem, the violence.... I wonder how many Moslems are going to get their butts kicked....

It's not even a question... we all know the answer is "ZERO"

Yeah, that pisses me off, and you won't see me contributing any money to the guy (yet another reason I wouldn't miss the NEA), but I'm not picking up the AKs, plastique, and ball bearings.

you would go to hell.

the reason the muslim's get their panties all in a wad and they have to defend thier boy is because he is fake and can't do anything

Forum List

Back