What if terrorists kill 100 congressmen?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NewGuy, Apr 22, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    As usual, there is far more. -But Again, as I would say:

This is a COMPLETE scam to take away freedoms through making Constitutional ammendments as common as changing your pants. The first issue was marriage, and now this.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38166
    For those of you who are going to do another knee-jerk reaction and take issue with my "paranoid" perspective, lookie at what the Constitution ALREADY says:

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    please go on newguy. What is a writ of election? and how different is it?

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes:

I sense an attempted setup.

Therefore here is the definition and you can do the rest:

writ of election

NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. writs of election
    A writ issued by a governor or other executive authority requiring that an election be held, especially a special election to fill a vacancy

--As such, the latest movement adds an ammendment for the sake of redundancy just to add one. THAT is the point. As soon as people get used to adding ammendments, they will flurry through and erode MORE freedoms and do so in place of normal legislation.

The Constitution is not a place to legislate behavior, it is to balance power.

4. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I don't get it. Both the Writ and the newly proposed bill favor almost immediate elections to fill vacancies...right?

Please explain.
    In general, I am not in favor of arbitrarily ammending the Constitution either. So maybe we have finally found something we agree on:p:

5. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Maybe this is just the result of listening to hours of the old Art Bell show, but isn't there a shadow gov't where, if for instance the congress is nuked while every member is present, there are shadow congressmen for every real congressman and they take their place until the elections can be held?

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason you don't get it is the same reason I said what I did.

As Americans who live generations after slow corrupting government has been allowed to withdraw power from people and give it to government, we no longer KNOW what our Constitution even says. Most here don't even know HOW to read it. -And for the most part, this is a conservative board!

The reason this happens is because the dumber the citizens are, the less we can defend ourselves. The more we depend on and trust our politicians/military/law makers/police, the less we WANT to be individually responsible for our liberties, and thus start to support a Constitutional Dictatorship.

-That is what is going on here. By supposing a mean-nothing ammendment, on the heels of a possible "marriage ammendment", we have the populace thinking ANY LAW belongs in the Constitution. They don't realize that we are talking about an irrevocable law, the highest in the land, and nobody can challenge it EVER. FOR ANY REASON. -Once it is deemed Constitutional.

The Constitution gives freedom to people. It balances power to Branches and the populace. It DOES NOT EXIST TO TELL US HOW TO BEHAVE. That is the job of lower courts and lower level law.

If you think ALL of your elected leaders and politicians who swore to UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION do NOT know this, then they are incompetent or corrupt. Because we are talking about the majority and they go across ALL PARTY LINES, and because they are all EDUCATED, guess what that means?

CORRUPTION.

This is the beginning of the end of liberty in America.

All because we wanted "peace and security" at any price. -Including our own liberty.

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There is, actually.

It was created years ago, and Bush added a few provisions last I heard.

All of this is completely unconstitutional as well.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    newguy. no set up. why should we care about this emergency election thing?

What's the difference between a writ of election and elections in 45 day?

9. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I realize your concern about redundant ammendments NewGuy, but in this instance it seems the difference in the proposed legislation involves an important deadline.

The clause does not say how long the state Governor has to submit the Writ of Election. That clause was also likely intended to address individual absences in Congress, not the absence of hundreds of Congressmen.

In the event of a catastrophic attack against our elected officials in Washington D.C. the time it takes for us to re-constitute our government should be as short as possible.

Consequently, this legislation may be a good idea. Personally, I think 45 days is too long. I would like a selected replacement to fill in during that 45 day period, which is a combination of two of the ideas proposed.

Of course a simple piece of legislation putting a deadline on a Governor's time to issue a Writ of Election would be fine.

10. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Copycat:D