What if she didn't have a gun?

Lets see:
Gave an example of a mass shooting where the guy went around background checks with a private sale. Check.
All gun sales do not require a background check. True.
Nope I still win.

You gave an example of a guy who already owned an assault weapon not using it to shoot people, yet you want to ban assault weapons because they are scary. Check.

No one ever said all sales require a background check, which is why there is no loophole.

You claim you win even though you haven't. Check

You have never shown that anyone had an assault rifle so not sure what your talking about.

You ignore the other examples I posted of shooters going around background checks.

Lonestar did claim that all gun sales require a background check. When in fact ALL gun sales do not require a background check.

You lose again.

Even if they pass a law "All gun sales require a background check", how exactly would you propose they enforce that?

I'll give you three examples. My father went to a family friends house, and asked if they had a gun for sale, and they did, and passed it to him right then and there.

How would you prevent that? How would you enforce he pass a background check?

My brother in law, stopped at a road side rest on his way home from work, on the side of the highway, and met a guy there, and bought a semi-auto with several clips.

[ame=http://youtu.be/mW95GBqqSQ0]Homemade Machine Guns in the ATF's Gun Vault, 1991 - YouTube[/ame]

This video is from the ATF in 1991. At 1 minute in, it shows home made automatic 9mm rifles. Imported rebuilt British Sten guns (so much for the US being the guns supplier to the world crap).

These are home built, or home rebuilt automatic weapons. How would you prevent, track, or attempt to impose a background check on any of that?

[ame=http://youtu.be/0GPPxGX8pdA]Criminals smuggle in guns after guns are banned in Australia - YouTube[/ame]

Here at 1 minute, Australian police have found 3 fully automatic machine guns, all home made domestically. They even demonstrate the guns, which fire and shoot rapidly and without jamming.

What law do you propose against that? What background check would you suggest will stem that?

This is our problem with all your 'gun control' loopholes. You think those laws are going to do anything? No they won't. At the very best, you can hope to create illegal gun cartels, just like prohibition created alcohol cartels.

Australia proves it. They started pushing all kinds of control methods and buy backs, and regulation and licensing, and all they have done is created a black market for illegally home made weapons, and business is booming. That's the end result of leftist logical.

Even if they pass a law "All gun sales require a background check", how exactly would you propose they enforce that?

I'll give you three examples. My father went to a family friends house, and asked if they had a gun for sale, and they did, and passed it to him right then and there.

Universal background checks can only work if there is universal registration.
That's the goal. You can guess as to why.

they got all the "common sense" gun laws they wanted in the 60's and 70's and instead of making us safer, criminals went out of control. Obviously there's a goal, but it's just as obviously not to make us safer. You're on the right track with your question!

How do you enforce universal registration? It certainly didn't work in Canada.

I just post two videos of home made guns. How do you enforce registration of guns made by black market craftsmen? Are you going to start raiding random houses looking for lathes, CNC machines, and hand tools?

I just post two videos of home made guns. How do you enforce registration of guns made by black market craftsmen? Are you going to start raiding random houses looking for lathes, CNC machines, and hand tools?

Registration leads to confiscation. Ask Canada.

How do you enforce universal registration?
Check for registration every time soemone is seen with a gun.

Registration leads to confiscation. Ask Canada.

Ok, *I* get the point of that.... but that's not an argument in this discussion.

Why? Because they *WANT* confiscation. A leftist would look at that response and go... "yeah.... so?"

Just look at that poor old lady in New Orleans, when a police officer brutally threw her to the ground, stole her gun away, and destroyed it.

What did the left do? Did they defend her? No.... because it was for the greater good, and now she can't shoot herself, or have her gun stolen and used in a crime, or some other brainless nonsense they come up to justify abuse by the government.

That's my arguments always default to the fact that it simply doesn't work. If it were possible to eliminate all violence in the world, by simply not allowing people to have any weapons, I might be persuaded by that. But it simply doesn't work.

The Canadians admit their own registry system, never stopped a single crime, nor was central in the conviction of a single criminal in court.

It doesn't work leftists. It simply does not result in people being safer.

Like I said, I have no problem with a qualified person owning guns...as long as they pass a background check for criminality and psychosis...and are duly licensed based on that criteria and training in the use and safety of their weapon...which of course must be registered.
As someone who appreciates guns, u should respect them..and ought to comply with reasonable qualifications for their ownership and use.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Like I said, I have no problem with a qualified person owning guns...as long as they pass a background check for criminality and psychosis...and are duly licensed based on that criteria and training in the use and safety of their weapon...which of course must be registered.
As someone who appreciates guns, u should respect them..and ought to comply with reasonable qualifications for their ownership and use.

Just like I have no problem with qualified people voting, as long as they have identification to prove who they are and that they are citizens.

Just like I have no problem with qualified people voting, as long as they have identification to prove who they are and that they are citizens.

And pass a background check for criminality and psychosis...and are duly licensed based on that criteria and training in intelligent voting.

Let's make all civil privileges subjective. Obama Akbar.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The second amendment doesn't call for any such requirements. In fact, it clearly states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Why do you hate freedom?

Forum List

Back