What if Ron Paul, The Tea Party & Many Conservs Got Their Way?

The law of unintended consequences (or simply not thinking them through).

Ron Paul, Michele Bachmann, virtually all Libertarians and most Tea Partiers have called for ending the Civil Rights Act. Here's is the very real result that could and would occur:

John: Bill come in here would you?
Bill: Sure, what's up?
John:
Bill, I've waited a long time to be able to do this. Now that the CRA has been repealed, I can. I'm firing you. I'm firing you because you're a n1gger and I hate n1ggers! So now I can do this legally! I'm replacing you with a nice white guy - my cousin actually. And if you think "The Magical Market" will punish me for this, think again. Ever heard of Wal-Mart? They're having a banner year! Even though all those women weren't allowed to file their discimination law suits as a "class action" guess what? Wal-Mart has still lost TONS fo them because well, they actually do those things. How about Skadden Arps? That big law firm that lost or settled dozens of race discrimination suits? Ha! The average partner makes over two million bucks a year!
Now excuse, me. I have to go toalk to Jose. Since I like Hispanics a little better than blacks, I'm going to give him the option of being demoted and doing all of my cousins' work for him.
Isn't it great that this is all legal!
Oh and after this, we're going to pay a local politician a million bucks in campaign contributions so that we can begin toxic dumping in the inner city. Now that we don't have a Fed to deal with, it's a LOT cheaper to buy politicians that it used to be! And since Paul, the Tea Party and Libertarians feel we should be able pour as much money into his campaign as we want, we're getting another FIVE million for Citizens United ads, from a Mexican medical waste company. It's they're stuff we'll be dumping anyway.
Now I know what you're thinking. If a company did that, it wouldn't last. :lol: Ever heard of Ford? Eli Lilly? Kaiser Permanente? Exxon? British Petroleum? Morgan Stanley? Chase?
How about Moody's! You know, that perfect example of "The Market Regulating Itself"? The guys who rated all those Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities SO high, that they tanked our economy? Yeah those guys. Notice they're still in business and doing as well as ever? Yeah, we're worried about "the Market" getting rid of us for bad practices.
So anyways, have a nice day. I wouldn't recommend you get a job at ABC because since such a small percentage of us own and control so much wealth and dictate policy, they'll be out of business awfully darn quickly. Small to medium sized business will continue to be forced out of business or bought by us until we control everything and don't even have to pretend otherwise.
Cheers.

Now I don't think Ron Paul or anyone mentioned WANTS any of those things to happen but guess what would stop them from happening? Nothing.

dudramaqueencopy0se.jpg

Thanks for providing that amazing display of neither independence nor logic.

Ron Paul, Michele Bachmann, virtually all Libertarians and most Tea Partiers have called for ending the Civil Rights Act. Here's is the very real result that could and would occur:

John:
Bill, I've waited a long time to be able to do this. Now that the CRA has been repealed, I can. I'm firing you. I'm firing you because you're a n1gger and I hate n1ggers! So now I can do this legally! I'm replacing you with a nice white guy - my cousin actually. And if you think "The Magical Market" will punish me for this, think again. Ever heard of Wal-Mart? They're having a banner year! Even though all those women weren't allowed to file their discimination law suits as a "class action" guess what? Wal-Mart has still lost TONS fo them because well, they actually do those things. How about Skadden Arps? That big law firm that lost or settled dozens of race discrimination suits? Ha! The average partner makes over two million bucks a year!
Now excuse, me. I have to go toalk to Jose. Since I like Hispanics a little better than blacks, I'm going to give him the option of being demoted and doing all of my cousins' work for him.
Oh and after this, we're going to pay a local politician a million bucks in campaign contributions so that we can begin toxic dumping in the inner city. Now that we don't have a Fed to deal with, it's a LOT cheaper to buy politicians that it used to be! And since Paul, the Tea Party and Libertarians feel we should be able pour as much money into his campaign as we want, we're getting another FIVE million for Citizens United ads, from a Mexican medical waste company. It's they're stuff we'll be dumping anyway.
Now I know what you're thinking. If a company did that, it wouldn't last. :lol: Ever heard of Ford? Eli Lilly? Kaiser Permanente? Exxon? British Petroleum? Morgan Stanley? Chase?
How about Moody's! You know, that perfect example of "The Market Regulating Itself"? The guys who rated all those Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities SO high, that they tanked our economy? Yeah those guys. Notice they're still in business and doing as well as ever? Yeah, we're worried about "the Market" getting rid of us for bad practices.
So anyways, have a nice day. I wouldn't recommend you get a job at ABC because since such a small percentage of us own and control so much wealth and dictate policy, they'll be out of business awfully darn quickly. Small to medium sized business will continue to be forced out of business or bought by us until we control everything and don't even have to pretend otherwise.
Cheers.

Now I don't think Ron Paul or anyone mentioned WANTS any of those things to happen but guess what would stop them from happening? Nothing.
This could not happen for several reasons. Most Americans don't want to live in Ron Paul's vision of America. Also, the dream of turning America into a confederation of states where each state works on behalf of it's citizens without regard to other states or a federal government is simply impractical. The country has changed and it's not going back. In Ron Paul's America, poorer states lacking in resources and commerce would become poorer without federal assistance while wealthy states would become wealthier. In essence, the cohesion that the federal government provides would disappear and the US would look more like EU than the America we know.

Man... I get it, you get it... why don't they?
Because the libertarian is concerned only with what he believes the world should be, not what it is, nor is he concerned with how he might get to where he wants to be. In other words, he's a dreamer.

Every Owner-American should have the right to exploit Worker-Americans in any way he can get away with.

Thats what collective bargaining is for. Look to yourselves to solve the problems instead of government. Liberals would be alot better off if they would get off there ass.

You people are so weak and ignorant. You have all that power already and you dont use it for anything. Propose a solution. Till then your just on vacation.

I would start by demanding a grand project that will employ lots of skilled college grads and provide great benifit to society. An influx of strong middle class jobs will get the poor back to work. Purchasing power would increase.

Every Owner-American should have the right to exploit Worker-Americans in any way he can get away with.

Thats what collective bargaining is for. Look to yourselves to solve the problems instead of government. Liberals would be alot better off if they would get off there ass.

You people are so weak and ignorant. You have all that power already and you dont use it for anything. Propose a solution. Till then your just on vacation.

I would start by demanding a grand project that will employ lots of skilled college grads and provide great benifit to society. An influx of strong middle class jobs will get the poor back to work. Purchasing power would increase.

Sounds like spending, spending baaaad.

not only that... but Collective bargaining????(in the voice of Gollum)
"Weee Haaates Collective Bargaining!... Nassssty Hobbitses,"

John:
Cheers.

I AM CONVINCED. Kelloggs should be notified one of their FRUIT LOOPS ESCAPED.

Oh Brother.........:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

This could not happen for several reasons. Most Americans don't want to live in Ron Paul's vision of America. Also, the dream of turning America into a confederation of states where each state works on behalf of it's citizens without regard to other states or a federal government is simply impractical. The country has changed and it's not going back. In Ron Paul's America, poorer states lacking in resources and commerce would become poorer without federal assistance while wealthy states would become wealthier. In essence, the cohesion that the federal government provides would disappear and the US would look more like EU than the America we know.

Man... I get it, you get it... why don't they?
Because the libertarian is concerned only with what he believes the world should be, not what it is, nor is he concerned with how he might get to where he wants to be. In other words, he's a dreamer.

Thats bullshit, libertarians live in reality, while everyone else lives in a fantasy of endless money and no consequences. Where conservatives traditionally are against military spending, libertarians are also against social spending. They also reject the notion of totalitarian rule by a far off government and seek to limit its powers while expanding the powers of the state. State power is believed to be important because it creates competition, and also because the people can better influence the government.

Hm, what would happen if we repealed the Civil Rights Act and enacted a real conservative agenda?
Gopvernments wouldn't collect racial information on anybody. We would truly have a racially blind society, as envisaged by Dr King.
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have to get real jobs.
Leaders of the black community would preach that if you want a job, you need to look like someone an employer would want working for you. Pull up your pants, tuck in your shirt, and turn that hat around.
Out of wedlock births would plummet. Crime would go down.
Employers would be free to offer employment to anyone at any price. Employees would be free to take the offer or negotiate their own wages. More people would be working, thus personal responsibility would increase.
Companies would still face lawsuits for violating environmental laws. They would still sponsor environmentally friendly projects as public relations.
Taxes would go down as the lower burden of government would call for less money. The US would see GDP grow by 8-10% a year. The number of millionaires would blossom and we would be a magnet for the most talented people in the world.
A plethora of new products would come on the market, now that they aren't stymied by the legal department crying "but someone might intentionally shove this up his ass and get hurt and sue us".
Private charities would see contributions increase, and their greater efficiency would move the needy to the not needy. Doctors would treat some patients for free since they wouldn't worry about getting sued.
The Democrats would claim that everyone was worse off because, well, um, undertakers were doing less business. Yeah, that's it. The Democrats would become like the Whigs.
No wonder they spread lies and some idiots believe them.

Thats bullshit, libertarians live in reality, while everyone else lives in a fantasy of endless money and no consequences.
The traditional libertarian line is that government should be responsible for a standing army, local security, and a courts system, and that’s it. You call that living in reality.

Forum List

Back