What if..........................Romney picked Ron Paul

That bitch deserves to rot in hell. You think a known liar and traitor to the country should be given power agian? You think a **** that drags us into a decade long war for plunder that is based on outright lies should be given power agian?

Unbelievable.

I think a guy who refers to women as ***** doesn't deserve his opinion to be considered. Waste your breath s0n

I think that calling her a **** is to good for her. Being dragged behind a truck is more appropriate for someone responsible for 8,500 dead Americans and 40,000 seriously injured.

But then thats the difference between independent thinkers and politically correct sheep.

Yea, except for the fact that you're blowing smoke out of your ass and all but, yea.

Anyway, Ron Paul will never be nominated by the GOP. He'll never get enough of the primary vote. He knows this. He knows that people wouldn't vote for him as President because of his age. He knows that centrist and establishment Republicans would vote for Obama or a third party.

He's staying in the campaign to help drive his viewpoint, his agenda, if you will. He's setting the stage for his son to run in the future.

Though I think an outside possibility exists for nomination, I think you are largely correct.
Almost before the day Obama was inaugurated, the terms of the political discussion shifted. Paul, and the Paulian points of view have been driving the discussion. That is a victory in and of itself.

It's not worth speculating after two primary elections with 48 to go except to note that anyone is better than a career half-wit who had two brain embolisms

Get your Ron Paul candy bar!
rp.original_4oqj13f7j9r1jbwg.jpg

http://www.ronpaulbar.com/
Founded by two Ron Paul supporters who believe that Ron Paul is truly the Champion of the Constitution and will become the Republican candidate nominee for the 45th President of the United States of America.

Ron Paul Bars are custom made from 100% pure premium milk chocolate ensuring a delightful, sweet taste of Liberty in every bite.

PRESIDENT PAUL!! PRESIDENT PAUL!!! PRESIDENT PAUL!!!
Get used to it liberals and neocons. The party is over. Ron Paul is a modern day founding father, and the people are behind him.

How much of the proceeds actually goes to the campaign?

Anyway, Ron Paul will never be nominated by the GOP. He'll never get enough of the primary vote. He knows this. He knows that people wouldn't vote for him as President because of his age. He knows that centrist and establishment Republicans would vote for Obama or a third party.

He's staying in the campaign to help drive his viewpoint, his agenda, if you will. He's setting the stage for his son to run in the future.

You make the mistake like many do, in assuming that only the most votes will get him nominated. That's not how our electoral process works. Not for the president in the general, which we all saw in 2000, and not for party nominations.

Just like general elections require electoral votes that can be won without winning a majority of popular votes, delegates in the nominating process can be won without winning popular votes.

It's about who has the most organization, and of course money, and the only one who has this besides Romney is Paul.

So we should just give up on fighting for our freedom back from an overreaching government and just accept that we're going to incrementally lose more and more no matter what, so just pick candidates who "can win"?

I'd expat before I ever settled for that.

candidates who lose don't accomplish much

You trust a candidate like Romney to accomplish the important issues of the right?

When was the last time the ideals of conservatism had any kind of accomplishment at the federal level? Even the tea party candidates voted in majority for the NDAA.

Voting for a winner is one thing, being able to trust them is a whole other issue.

no, i don't nor do i trust any of them, including paul

I understand that he's not likely to choose RP as his VP - but *if* he did, I'd say that what would have been a close race for President with Obama likely beating him if the Economy continues to improve - turns into a new President in office.

If Romney takes all of these die hard Republicans, the I's that don't want Obama and combines that with Ron Paul's cult like following? It would equal success in numbers.

Never happen. If he's smart, he'll go with Rubio.

But I agree with you about the economy. If it continues to improve, Obama wins.
He's kept a LOT of his promises (even a couple I wish he wouldn't have). His foreign policy has been solid. Security & Defense has been better than anyone could have dreamed.
If domestic policy pans out it goes like this:

"Well the GOP & Bush really f*cked the country up and it took longer than we thought but we've turned things around. Let us keep helping the Middle Class!"
And the Dems win.

If the economy doesn't turn around, the GOP just plays Obama's own words: "If things aren't better four years from now, fire me." That simple.

I agree with those who say Ron Paul would never accept the position. I see it as far more likely that Rand would be on the ticket, even though I think that's a bad idea. Regardless, if either Paul is on the ticket with Romney then I still wouldn't vote for Romney, and I don't think you can bank on a majority of Ron Paul voters being on board with that either.

candidates who lose don't accomplish much

You trust a candidate like Romney to accomplish the important issues of the right?

When was the last time the ideals of conservatism had any kind of accomplishment at the federal level? Even the tea party candidates voted in majority for the NDAA.

Voting for a winner is one thing, being able to trust them is a whole other issue.

Well, he's a politician so it's not surprising that one would not trust him, but all we can really do is go by their records, right?

At least with Paul you know exactly what you're getting. I don't think anyone has a record even remotely as consistent over 30 years.

All this talk about picking a vp candidate based on:

Skin color

How bout we pick them based on credentials?

Some people have white guilt, gender guilt, etc, so if they're guilty about being white and/or a male they feel voting in such a way shows moral superiority.

I was taught not treating everyone equally, regardless of race or sex, was bigotry.

Well, he's a politician so it's not surprising that one would not trust him, but all we can really do is go by their records, right?

At least with Paul you know exactly what you're getting. I don't think anyone has a record even remotely as consistent over 30 years.

i agree. with all the other politicians, they just say what they need to say, regarding fiscal issues, to get votes. with paul, you know where his heart is and that he's not pandering. he'll do what he says and that scares the crap outta certain groups.

All this talk about picking a vp candidate based on:

Skin color
How bout we pick them based on credentials?

If that were the case, neither Obama nor any of these clowns in the primaries would be on anyone's ticket.

What credentials would you look for?

I understand that he's not likely to choose RP as his VP - but *if* he did, I'd say that what would have been a close race for President with Obama likely beating him if the Economy continues to improve - turns into a new President in office.

If Romney takes all of these die hard Republicans, the I's that don't want Obama and combines that with Ron Paul's cult like following? It would equal success in numbers.

that was the same logic that caused mccain to pick the tweeting twit as his running mate. it would attract a segment of the base, as she did, but most moderates, who think paul's a wacko, would either just vote for the president again or wouldn't vote.

there are people other than republicans who vote in elections.

Forum List

Back