What If Rick Perry Is Elected 45th President Of The United States?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Well...it'll be another crazy bastard that prays to the invisible man in the sky for his decisions. At least it'll be better than when Ronald Reagan was allowing Nancy and her astrologist to make decisions for him based upon the stars and the signs. At least whatever happens in his world will come from his own mind. Although if we're unfortunate enough for him to get alzhemiers like Reagan...Look Out Planet.

Do you realize that Ronald Reagan and Oliver North sent 1500 state-of-the-art ballistic missles to Iran? Do you realize that as far as anyone knows the missles have never been used?

Well...it'll be another crazy bastard that prays to the invisible man in the sky for his decisions. At least it'll be better than when Ronald Reagan was allowing Nancy and her astrologist to make decisions for him based upon the stars and the signs. At least whatever happens in his world will come from his own mind. Although if we're unfortunate enough for him to get alzhemiers like Reagan...Look Out Planet.

Do you realize that Ronald Reagan and Oliver North sent 1500 state-of-the-art ballistic missles to Iran? Do you realize that as far as anyone knows the missles have never been used?

Uh, guy, he sold Iran HAWK and TOW 1 missiles. They werent' "State of the Art" in 1986, much less now. The TOW 1 was obsolete at the point they were sold. (The TOW is an anti-tank missle with a range of less than 2 miles...) Most of these TOW's were expended in Iran's war with Iraq, and done so ineffectively. (The Iranian military used them as artillery rather than anti-tank weapons.)

The HAWK was first deployed in 1960, and was largely phased out by 1990. Hardly "State of the Art".

Now that I have dispensed with your misinformation, I suspect Perry would make a fairly effective president, because he's been a fairly effective governor, and at least initially, he'll have a friendly congress wanting to accomplish things.

He has to get past Romney first, and the GOP Beltway establishment has a hard on for Romney. They're the only ones outside Salt Lake City who do.

Uh, guy, he sold Iran HAWK and TOW 1 missiles. They werent' "State of the Art" in 1986, much less now. The TOW 1 was obsolete at the point they were sold. (The TOW is an anti-tank missle with a range of less than 2 miles...) Most of these TOW's were expended in Iran's war with Iraq, and done so ineffectively. (The Iranian military used them as artillery rather than anti-tank weapons.)

The HAWK was first deployed in 1960, and was largely phased out by 1990. Hardly "State of the Art".

Now that I have dispensed with your misinformation, I suspect Perry would make a fairly effective president, because he's been a fairly effective governor, and at least initially, he'll have a friendly congress wanting to accomplish things.

He has to get past Romney first, and the GOP Beltway establishment has a hard on for Romney. They're the only ones outside Salt Lake City who do.

I don't know where you got that dose of Republican misinformation but when that happened I was 55 years old and I know what I read in the daily newspapers. Our part of the trade included ballistic missles.

As far as Perry...take a couple of minutes and watch another George W. Bush cowboy in action:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNVQRyEQCBY]Rick Perry Drunk or High Fox News Debate 9/22/11 - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know where you got that dose of Republican misinformation but when that happened I was 55 years old and I know what I read in the daily newspapers. Our part of the trade included ballistic missles.

As far as Perry...take a couple of minutes and watch another George W. Bush cowboy in action:

]

Oh, you read it in a newspaper. I see. Why, that really is much better than the fact that I was in a military unit that used those weapons..

What I've found is that when the media reports on military stuff, they usually don't know what they are talking about.

HAWK and TOW-1's. That's what Iran got.

Do you really think those missiles are still operational 24 years later? Really? (Most of them were expended against Iraq.)

I guess you think all Presidents do is debate all day... I mean, yeah, we should totally make our decision based on that.

Where I come from, Actions speak louder than words. I would put up Perry's record of accomplishment against Romney or Obama's records of fail any day.

]

Oh, you read it in a newspaper. I see. Why, that really is much better than the fact that I was in a military unit that used those weapons..

What I've found is that when the media reports on military stuff, they usually don't know what they are talking about.

Do you really think those missiles are still operational 24 years later? Really? (Most of them were expended against Iraq.)

I guess you think all Presidents do is debate all day... I mean, yeah, we should totally make our decision based on that.

Where I come from, Actions speak louder than words. I would put up Perry's record of accomplishment against Romney or Obama's records of fail any day.

Also, what was the model type of the "ballistic missiles"? The US doesnt have Missiles like the scud in its inventory. Calling a SAM a "ballistic missile" is a stretch.

]

Also, what was the model type of the "ballistic missiles"? The US doesnt have Missiles like the scud in its inventory. Calling a SAM a "ballistic missile" is a stretch.

It does appear that my use of the word ballistic was an error.

Um..Perry would be a disaster. And he's got a "friendly congress" to help along his lunacy.

First off they would get rid of all social programs, like SSI, Medicare/Medicaid, the Department of Education and a plethora of other things that makes it possible to live the good life in the United States.

Then they would roll out a flat tax option, which would draw even more revenue away from the government. They would also put up a Constitutional Amendment requiring a balanced budget.

Add in getting rid of OSHA, the EPA and other agencies meant to regulate companies to keep them from engaging in dangerous practices that endanger our air, water, food supply, structures and employee safety.

They would also probably put up a Constitutional amendment granting full rights to embryos.

We could look forward to an economic collapse that would make 2008 look like a walk in the park.

The fact that Perry isn't a great debater is very obvious.

Just because he's a lousy debater doesn't mean he wouldn't make a fine POTUS.

Hell. Barry is considered by many to be a good debater and he stinks as POTUS.

Um..Perry would be a disaster. And he's got a "friendly congress" to help along his lunacy.

First off they would get rid of all social programs, like SSI, Medicare/Medicaid, the Department of Education and a plethora of other things that makes it possible to live the good life in the United States.

Then they would roll out a flat tax option, which would draw even more revenue away from the government. They would also put up a Constitutional Amendment requiring a balanced budget.

Add in getting rid of OSHA, the EPA and other agencies meant to regulate companies to keep them from engaging in dangerous practices that endanger our air, water, food supply, structures and employee safety.

They would also probably put up a Constitutional amendment granting full rights to embryos.

We could look forward to an economic collapse that would make 2008 look like a walk in the park.

In what way does the FEDERAL Department of Education allow us to live the good life?

A consitutional amendment would require them to get a 2/3 majority of all pro-lifers, which would probably never happen.

I also doubt they would get rid of OSHA and EPA, but hopefully they add a congressional oversight rule to regulations, so any current administration couldnt change rules by executive fiat.

You also forgot they would plan to kick puppies in the streets, and take away lolipops from infants.

An emotionally-based ad hominem attack from a lefty? Shocking, just shocking.

If I ever hear a Progressive using logic and reason to critique actual policy positions, well, someone will have to call Ripley's.

In what way does the FEDERAL Department of Education allow us to live the good life?

A consitutional amendment would require them to get a 2/3 majority of all pro-lifers, which would probably never happen.

I also doubt they would get rid of OSHA and EPA, but hopefully they add a congressional oversight rule to regulations, so any current administration couldnt change rules by executive fiat.

You also forgot they would plan to kick puppies in the streets, and take away lolipops from infants.

Yep. Quite a crystal ball he has.

He also forgot the seniors eating cat food and kids dying in the streets.

Mayby those will be in his next post.

Time was when politicians were respected for their religious beliefs. Today they are ridiculed by the radical left for "the invisable man in the sky". There shouldn't be any doubt where the radical left is headed and God help us if they ever get total power. It will be open season on Christians.

As much as I dislike Perry, I think he could function as President. He has been governor for 10 years and knows how to work with Democrats. I would imagine he would move towards the center....most presidents do

Of the available Republican candidates, Perry and Romney are the only ones I think could be successful if elected

The fact that Perry isn't a great debater is very obvious.

Just because he's a lousy debater doesn't mean he wouldn't make a fine POTUS.

Hell. Barry is considered by many to be a good debater and he stinks as POTUS.

Barry is considered by many to be great at nearly everything.... yet he's a colossal failure as President.

Perry's sunk to single digits; for once the idiot Republican base has managed to figure out that even by their low standards, Perry is a moron.

Perry's sunk to single digits; for once the idiot Republican base has managed to figure out that even by their low standards, Perry is a moron.

Don't bet your ass...I wouldn't trust what I hear on Republican rags and
FOX news as far as I could throw them by the ankle.

And that's the problem. People are living the "good life" off those of us who work for a living. Except that we can't afford it anymore.

And again, that would be awesome. The governmetn wastes too much money, doesn't spend it smartly, and subsidizes a lot of bad behavior..

Oh, please, we've had the economic collapse that made 2008 look like a walk in the park. It was called "THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION"...

Forum List

Back