What if no wars had ever occurred?

jamesduncan

Sep 6, 2017
Over 400,000,000+ people have died in all the wars to date.

I cannot wrap my head around the math so I'm asking here; If there never were any wars:
what would the world look like today--
would we have consumed all our natural resources by now?
would what oil we have be already gone?
would ____________

Somebody here, help me fill in the blanks
:)-

I cannot wrap my head around the math so I'm asking here; If there never were any wars:
would ____________

Why?

In the next three years, the number of people who will be born will be the same number of people who died in all wars.

Without wars, I think we'd be much further along the technology curve (wars contribute to technology, but mainly war technology, at a great cost of everything else). We'd already be living in virtual reality and have cured most disease. And, you'd tell stores about how your great grandpa was the last man in town to drive a car.

In the next three years, the number of people who will be born will be the same number of people who died in all wars.

Without wars, I think we'd be much further along the technology curve (wars contribute to technology, but mainly war technology, at a great cost of everything else). We'd already be living in virtual reality and have cured most disease. And, you'd tell stores about how your great grandpa was the last man in town to drive a car.
No wars = not reality. So you can speculate as you wish. Speculation can be fun, but in cases like this it’s fiction. We will never know where the road not taken leads.

If there were no wars ... to where would we wear our uniforms?

main-qimg-48a7750c9dab65dce77b291b2c3ef51a-c

would ____________

It’s an interesting hypothetical question. Human beings, being what they are, I am certain there would be a small dominant controlling class and the rest of mankind would be slaves. Wars occur when too factions disagree and are willing to fight. If two groups disagree but one is unwilling to fight they get run over.

would ____________

I doubt we would notice much difference considering the world population is nearly 8 billion, and over 50 million die per year. To put that in perspective, wars have accounted for roughly 8 years of deaths at the current death rate.

very hard to imagine this scenario..there have always been and always will be war
would there not be murder? maybe there would be more murder?

---a long time ago, the wars could affect populations more--
1. sometimes the victors would eradicate the relatives of the combatants--along with all the enemy combatants
--but --2. birth rates were lower
3. medical ops/medicine/disinfectants/etc not efficient

WW2 not only caused the greatest DE-struction--but also the greatest RE-construction of the world:
---there were many new countries/etc formed
existing countries transformed
--countries' politics were transformed/world politics transformed
-----''creating'' other wars--
-----China and Russia were transformed in to communist countries--the n we have the Cold War--leads to Vietnam War, Koran War, etc

WW2 greatly, rapidly advanced:
technology--which affects future wars
science
manufacturing/manufacturing processes
farming processes
air travel/transport/cargo transport--this affected communication, politics, diplomacy, etc
----example--the Berlin Airlift

the affects of WW2 are still felt all over the world
I would not have married the wife I have or have my daughters without WW2---my wife's family were forced out of their home country by WW2

there are many aspects/branches/webs of wars.....

Last edited:
...WW2 brought out in the open the many conflicting political groups who fought each other and the enemy
...WW2 brought out in the open the hatred of groups of other groups--which then lead to more murder which would not have been if not for the war

WW1 helped change the world by being one of the aspects of the Germans going to war inWW2

so wars greatly change a huge part of the world/people/etc

without wars you probably wouldn't have had some of the rapid advances stated in my previous post---before the high tech age

would ____________

To properly guess about this you have to propose the alternative method of conflict resolution among large groups of people that would replace war.

would ____________

As of when did you start counting ??

And what is your source for this number ??

The first wars that we know about are by Sargon The Great Of Akkad in 2300 BCE.

Sargon of Akkad - Wikipedia

First you have to define "war". Was the Roman sweep across Europe a "war"? What if they stayed put and starved to death after exhausting their resources? How far do you want to go back? Was the human extermination of sub species like neanderthals a "war"?

Forum List

Back