What if Mexico declared war on America in WW1?

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
What if Mexico agreed to Germany's terms in the Zimmerman Note and attempted to invade America? I think it would have forced America into World War 1 quicker, but of course Mexico would get owned. Then we would liberate Mexico and install a friendly government (more make them a territory/state). What do you think would have happened?

What if Mexico agreed to Germany's terms in the Zimmerman Note and attempted to invade America? I think it would have forced America into World War 1 quicker, but of course Mexico would get owned. Then we would liberate Mexico and install a friendly government (more make them a territory/state). What do you think would have happened?

Mexico could not of attacked the USA because they were to weak and corrupt.

Nothing would of happened because nothing did happen because Mexico could do nothing.

I am pretty sure Mexico would have been easily defeated. I mean, what major allies did they have, that we would not have already been fighting? They were not exactly another Germany, or even another Bulgaria. I mean, yes, it would have taken up some of the US's power to fight them, but not enough to stop the victory of the Allies. I really believe that Mexico would have been defeated hands down, and probably split into several smaller states or territories belonging to the US.

Mexico would've lost and the United States would have made them sign a very nasty treaty for them.

I'm not even sure Mexico had finished putting down the civil war by then.

Bear in mind, in the summer the US Army advanced 300 miles into Mexico between March 1916 and February 1917 with no serious trouble. And the Carranza government was not in very good control of the border areas anyway.

The whole Zimmerman thing stank at best. The German army couldn't have reached Mexico because the German Navy was bottled up at the battle of Jutland.

intersting idea?!

Mexico could not of attacked the USA because they were to weak and corrupt.

Nothing would of happened because nothing did happen because Mexico could do nothing.
The US had a tiny land army in 1914 because it didn't need one. Canada and Mexico had deminimis armies. What military Mexico had was buys fighting bandits and rebels.

Maybe the US wouldn't have got involved into the European war, and the history of Europe went along completely different course.

s better course perhaps ….. no WW 2
War is horrific but WW1 was total carnage on the ground, i have studies WW2 and have books on WW1 but never really read them it's just too horrific and should never have taken place, an argument between the Monarchies of Europe, in my Town 16% of the male population from age sixteen were killed, one of my Grandads was wounded and had a bad leg for the rest of his life from a shell blast, my other Grandad survived being shot fighting the Turks but came home suffering from malaria and he died in his late thirties, i suppose the German people had the same experience.

War is horrific but WW1 was total carnage on the ground, i have studies WW2 and have books on WW1 but never really read them it's just too horrific and should never have taken place, an argument between the Monarchies of Europe, in my Town 16% of the male population from age sixteen were killed, one of my Grandads was wounded and had a bad leg for the rest of his life from a shell blast, my other Grandad survived being shot fighting the Turks but came home suffering from malaria and he died in his late thirties, i suppose the German people had the same experience.
the same, and worse

New Topics

Forum List

Back