"What if it's Beck with a tax 'accident'?"

He does get some sympathetic words from Lib blogger Steve Benen, though:

Indeed, in all fairness to Beck, based on the reporting, there's no reason to believe the deranged media personality was deliberately trying to evade paying the taxes he owed. By all appearances, Beck's tax troubles were inadvertent and were addressed rather quickly.

But therein lies the point: the same can be said of some of the Obama administration nominees who had very similar tax errors in their background. And in each instance, Beck made them out to be untrustworthy criminals who think they're better than everyone else.

I'm sympathetic to Beck's difficulties; business taxes are surprisingly complex. If he'll simply apologize and acknowledge his hypocrisy, Beck can put this behind him. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

The Washington Monthly

So whattya say, Glenn?

Well, let's ponder that stupid question. " What if?"

IF it is Mr. Beck, now, with a "tax accident," then at least HE, unlike our Treasury Secretary, is not a public official.

Of course, on the brighter side, IF it is true, Beck now would meet the apparent MINIMUM requirement for eligibility in the Obama Administration for a Cabinet post.

Did Obama offer Beck a position in his administration?

No, but maybe Beck shouldn't be trusted, either. Maybe he also thinks he's better than anyone else.

That's how he painted the people he trashed on his show, after all.

IF it is Mr. Beck, now, with a "tax accident," then at least HE, unlike our Treasury Secretary, is not a public official.

Of course, on the brighter side, IF it is true, Beck now would meet the apparent MINIMUM requirement for eligibility in the Obama Administration for a Cabinet post.

That's pretty funny.

Of course, the laughter doesn't cover up Beck's hypocrisy but funny nonetheless.

That's pretty funny.

Of course, the laughter doesn't cover up Beck's hypocrisy but funny nonetheless.

I love how you libruls are obsessed with Republican hypocrisy but ignore your own.. that's pretty damn funny and of course the laughter don't cover up yours either.

That's pretty funny.

I have not delved into the Beck tax issue. It is clearly a possibility that he has been hypocritical. But if he did have a tax "accident," that does not necessarily invalidate his criticisms of guys like Geithner. Sometimes accidents actually do happen. Sometimes the claim of "accident" is itself bogus.

Last edited:

That's pretty funny.

I love how you libruls are obsessed with Republican hypocrisy but ignore your own.. that's pretty damn funny and of course the laughter don't cover up yours either.

If there is anyone who knows all about calling out others for their hypocrisy while wallowing in their own, it's you.

Yes, again selective memories, wardrobe malfunctions, and now 'tax accidents', another excuse added to the 'book of manipulative or creative finance'. Beck appears to be no different than the many he cries about on a daily basis. Where is the line drawn in "Tax Cheats" & "Tax Accidents" ? Could there be a link? :lol:

I don't trust any of them. We have bigger issues anyway, an administration who's financial abilities are insane and make Becks tax issues look like chump change in a poor house.

They should do away with all forms of income taxes for everybody and go to a straight federal sales tax. Everybody in America would pay the same tax every time they purchased anything. No more tax loopholes. No more 1000 page tax law books to read through. No more IRS forms to fill out. If you didn't want to pay any taxes - simple answer, don't spend any money. However, everybody in America would be paying the same tax as his neighbor everytime you went to the store and purchased a moon pie and an RC cola.

The difference here is Beck is not a tax expert. Geitner wrote the manual he violated on taxation on income earned from foreign sources, in his case, the UN. And Beck is not the guy who wants or thinks that complex taxes are a good idea.

This is the first I have heard of this, so I will have to dig in some more. But if you are responsible for the system like Gietner was, then you should be able to navigate it better than your average citizen.

That's pretty funny.

If there is anyone who knows all about calling out others for their hypocrisy while wallowing in their own, it's you.

show me!

show me!

Nah ... it's not worth the post digging. I'll just wait til next time.

mkay,,, can you say Rangel? There are so many high powered democrats several of whom had to acknowledge their tax cheats and catch up before they took offices that the obamalama appointed them to and you want to pick on a radio talk show host.. I'll be a waitng too

He does get some sympathetic words from Lib blogger Steve Benen, though:

Indeed, in all fairness to Beck, based on the reporting, there's no reason to believe the deranged media personality was deliberately trying to evade paying the taxes he owed. By all appearances, Beck's tax troubles were inadvertent and were addressed rather quickly.

But therein lies the point: the same can be said of some of the Obama administration nominees who had very similar tax errors in their background. And in each instance, Beck made them out to be untrustworthy criminals who think they're better than everyone else.

I'm sympathetic to Beck's difficulties; business taxes are surprisingly complex. If he'll simply apologize and acknowledge his hypocrisy, Beck can put this behind him. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

The Washington Monthly

So whattya say, Glenn?

Ways I see it differently:

1. Obama appointees had unreported income. Often 10s of thousands overlooked.
2. One in particular was going to head the Treasury which oversees the IRS.
3. Beck is trying to comply in a complex situation. Most of the others were dodging.

One thing I have often wondered is, who paid the tax bills of these people? They seemed to have access to fairly large sums on short notice if you ask me.

Forum List

Back