What If Bush Were President Today? Would He Be Re-elected?

Yep it's kind of hard to stop a mess that was created over 30 years ago. You can't help and give to eveybody, sometimes those who are in need of help must help themself.

Let me add one more thing to this: I feel the same way about the Energy Crisis. We're chin deep in the crapper because when OPEC nailed us under Carter, we failed to learn the lesson then. We worry off and on, do nothing, and go on hoping the worst is over.

Pretty soon a really terrible energy crisis will hit, and people will thrash around looking for someone to blame. A few recent issues will come up. But the truth is that disaster will be much like the current economic crisis: You ignore a problem long enough, and it doesn't go away, it just gets worse.

Yep it's kind of hard to stop a mess that was created over 30 years ago. You can't help and give to eveybody, sometimes those who are in need of help must help themself.

Yep. You've seen government spending grow under every last administration of the last 30 years, Reagan included. People have been warned and warned about what the effects of running a large national debt would be. We had one moment of sanity under Clinton and Newt, and we kinda blew it after that.

The Housing bubble, the credit bubble, the derivative markets... all of that was just the match that lit the gas filled room of oily rags. Those matches were in place and lit prior to the 2007 election. And the worst is not over yet I'm afraid.

obama says were are back from the brink? We hav even come close to the brink yet were still heading in that direction and yes it's going to get worse.

obama says were are back from the brink? We hav even come close to the brink yet were still heading in that direction and yes it's going to get worse.

That I agree with. It's like spraying air freshener to cover the smoke from the fire. There are still a lot of major issues that have yet to be resolved in our economy.

what you didn't see the big mess he made the 8 years he was in there. the only thing that got him re-elected was America was at war and it would looked by to the world to change Presidents.

That I agree with. It's like spraying air freshener to cover the smoke from the fire. There are still a lot of major issues that have yet to be resolved in our economy.

We as a country have got to get away from this give me system. and get into the I'm going to get me system

We as a country have got to get away from this give me system. and get into the I'm going to get me system

Its far more than that. I think you could run a workable entitlement system to help ensure some level of class mobility and a basic safety net. The problems we're facing include, but are not limited to:

1. A complete lack of industry.
2. A complete lack of savings, or a savings based mentality
3. A collapsing middle class
4. Rising costs of basic essentials.
5. Looming energy crisis.
6. Spiraling healthcare costs.
7. Looming environmental disasters.
8. Foreign policy disasters
9. Unsustainable debt at the government and individual level.

And that doesn't even begin to address credit bubbles, housing, retail space, and other related bubbles. Things are pretty well screwed unless we see a sea change in how we think and act.

I didn't agree with all of Bush's policies but I always respected him because when he made a decision he would stick by it and give everyone else the middle finger.

Cartoon-Book-on-Reagan-ALG-600.jpg
2009_chart_book_pr_chart.jpg

I seriously doubt Bush would have an ice-cube's chance in hell to win re-election with such a poor economy and after all of the things have happened since Obama has been POTUS.

Yet many claim that Obama has a better then 50-50 chance of being re-elected. Why is this?

It's simple. Nothing bad that happens is blamed on Obama while everything that happens in the universe was blamed directly on Bush.

It seems one lone nut-case in Arizona has bailed Obama out. Just when he was courting with approval ratings in the 30s, now Obama is back up around 50%. Never mind the lousy way he's handled the economy, the massive increase of the debt under his watch, the scandalous manner in which his responded to the Gulf oil spill, the release of hundreds of thousands of sensitive documents. Let's not forget the fact that hundreds of Americans ares still dying in foreign lands, and it seems Obama is trying to become Ronald Reagan now.

Anyone else would have resigned in shame, but not Obama. Nothing seems to effect him personally. Nothing is his fault. He keeps giving his speeches with a straight face while his party politely applauds his efforts claiming that Social Security is well funded for the next 40 years, and that deficit-reduction was their primary goal. The lies that pass their lips are too funny to be believable.

So considering all of this, do you think Obama would have a chance in hell if he got the same kind of treatment Bush got? Do you think that the MSM is gonna be able to sell this pack of lies to the public long enough to get this loser another 4 years?

361488651v2_480x480_Front.jpg

First off..your chart is way off. President Bush took two wars off the Federal Budget and put them on another track called "Emergency Supplemental Spending".

Second, President Bush really did cause a great deal of the economic woes we see to day from a mix of deregulation and underfunding regulators.

In a race between Bush and Obama..Obama would win handily. The "50-50" shot is a fantasy of the right. At the present moment there is absolutely no one that can beat him in a general election. And barring some unexpected event before 2012..that's going to hold.

I will lay money down on that.

All the Tea Partymembers I know were ardent Bush supporters.
And 6 of them went to the DC rally for St. Beck.
what incumbent republicans in congress did they kick out?

Last edited:
When Bush was President, Republicans blamed everything on Clinton. Bush repeatedly said that he inherited a bad economy. But the facts did not support Bush and the Republicans.

Now, they complain that Obama never gets fair blame and is always trying to pass the buck to Bush. Pot, meet the black kettle. Republicans complain that Obama won't accept proper blame for the financial mess. But the facts do not support the Republicans.

No doubt, we have a big deficit problem. That's what that big stimulus bill does to you. Wait a second, who passed that stimulus? Oh yeah, it was Bush who called for it during December 2008, and who signed it into law around the start of 2009. The current deficit derives entirely from Bush policies. A massive stimulus bill, reduced tax revenues, the continuing expenses of two expensive wars.

what incumbent republicans did they kick out?

The tea party is not run nor controlled by the gop.Charlie Crist, Up in Alaska, Mwaralski WHO HAD TO DO A WRITE IN CAMPIGAN. Those are the first two that come to mind.

The tea party is not run nor controlled by the gop.Charlie Crist, Up in Alaska, Mwaralski WHO HAD TO DO A WRITE IN CAMPIGAN. Those are the first two that come to mind.

and perhaps the only two.

And you do not know your anus from an excavation on one.
Crist was not an incumbent in congress :clap:

Last edited:
When Bush was President, Republicans blamed everything on Clinton. Bush repeatedly said that he inherited a bad economy. But the facts did not support Bush and the Republicans.

Now, they complain that Obama never gets fair blame and is always trying to pass the buck to Bush. Pot, meet the black kettle. Republicans complain that Obama won't accept proper blame for the financial mess. But the facts do not support the Republicans.

No doubt, we have a big deficit problem. That's what that big stimulus bill does to you. Wait a second, who passed that stimulus? Oh yeah, it was Bush who called for it during December 2008, and who signed it into law around the start of 2009. The current deficit derives entirely from Bush policies. A massive stimulus bill, reduced tax revenues, the continuing expenses of two expensive wars.

Bush repeatedly said that he inherited a bad economy. But the facts did not support Bush and the Republicans.

This one section is a tell all about you. When did bush say we had a bad economy when he became president and blamed it on clinton? Yep 4.5% unemployment is real bad for an economy.

bush_miss_me_yet.jpg

Crist was not an incumbent :clap:

oh there's more but you acted as if none happened. Take North Carolina it hasn't had a republican controlled state government in over 100 years, but then came the tea party.

Last edited:

oh there's more but you acted as if none happened. Take North Carolina it hasn't had a republican controlled state government in over 100 years, but then came the tea party.

I SAID incumbents in congress.

I SAID incumbents in congress.

Without the tea party democrats would still be in control of a lot of the governmet federal and state. And that is a fact.

This one section is a tell all about you. When did bush say we had a bad economy when he became president and blamed it on clinton? Yep 4.5% unemployment is real bad for an economy.

Do you even live in the same universe as the rest of us?

George W. Bush said:
When I took office, our economy was beginning a recession.

Bush says he inherited recession - Aug. 7, 2002

Bush, on the 2002 campaign trail.

George W. Bush said:
You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President.

Transcript: Charlie Gibson Interviews President Bush - ABC News

Interview in 2008, claiming that the economic woes of his entire 8 year Presidency were caused on the two years prior to his Presidency.

George W. Bush said:
"I inherited a recession, I'm ending on a recession.

Bush touts accomplishments, admits mistakes - CNN

Final press conference of Bush Presidency.

George W. Bush said:
The deficit was caused by a recession we inherited.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyUYjalthyk"]Youtube video[/ame]

Bush in video clip

Last edited:

Forum List

Back