What if Bush was Right about the Iraq War?

manu1959 said:
if FDR had used that logice europe would be germany

No, Germany declared war on the United States, remember?

manu1959 said:
if regan had used that logic we would still be in a cold war

Doubtful - the USSR was poised to collapse. The paper tiger of SDI may have quickened their fall.

manu1959 said:
if lincoln had used that logic the south would be a different country

Not a bad idea. I'd be happy with that situation, and so would the south.

A

CivilLiberty said:
No, Germany declared war on the United States, remember?Doubtful - the USSR was poised to collapse. The paper tiger of SDI may have quickened their fall.Not a bad idea. I'd be happy with that situation, and so would the south.A

wow you are right again...oh the burden you must live with...being the only one that knows everything....

OSB declared war on the US, clinton did nothing, that seemed to work out ok for us

CivilLiberty said:
Not a bad idea. I'd be happy with that situation, and so would the south.

A

Hey Andy,
Why would you be happy with that hypothetical situation? I have lived all over the States and now reside 80 miles from the Gulf Coast , I don't understand what you are talking about .I don't know of anyone that would rather have the Southern states be their own country , why would you Andy? . . . .be careful , you might reveal a dumbass bigoted mind here .

sitarro said:
Hey Andy,
Why would you be happy with that hypothetical situation? I have lived all over the States and now reside 80 miles from the Gulf Coast , I don't understand what you are talking about .I don't know of anyone that would rather have the Southern states be their own country , why would you Andy? . . . .be careful , you might reveal a dumbass bigoted mind here .

I think his point was that the Civil War really was more about States' Rights than about slavery. The southern states believed that the individual states should be allowed to govern themselves and that the federal government was supposed to have very limited powers.

I agree as that really is what the founding fathers intended.

freeandfun1 said:
I think his point was that the Civil War really was more about States' Rights than about slavery. The southern states believed that the individual states should be allowed to govern themselves and that the federal government was supposed to have very limited powers.

I agree as that really is what the founding fathers intended.

If that is what was meant , I agree also.

freeandfun1 said:
just for the record, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here.....
Good point .
Living in the "south" I have become aware that there is just an amazing amount of prejudging of the "south" (whatever that means, what is the south, where does it start?) . I don't find Southern people to be different from anyone from other states except that they tend to be much better cooks and are a bit more friendly in general .
When I moved to Colorado from Louisiana I saw a prejudice when applying for work , they claimed that people from the south always quit to go home when winter would hit , I loved the winters there. I applied for a job at an art supply store and aced the interview but wasn't hired until I literally begged for a job . Later I found that the person that interviewed me felt that even though I was very knowledgeable about their business , she assumed I wouldn't be able to work under a woman . . .when hired anyway for another department I became the most successful salesperson in the history of the store and became good friends with the woman that didn't want to hire me . The guy she did hire (from England) did have a problem working for a woman , he quit within 2 months .When people would find out where I was from they would always comment on the redneck racists from there . . . the KKK had rallies on the steps of the Capital in Denver twice a year , I have lived in the south for at least 24 of my 50 years and have never seen any sign of the Klan .
I lived in Southern California in High School when my Dad retired from the Air Force . When he broke the news to us that we were moving to Louisiana for his new job I was devastated . Easy Rider had just come out and I really didn't want to move there even though my family is originally from Louisiana . My friends from California asked me how I would go to school , they actually wondered if we would ride in a big boat instead of a bus . Instead , I had a great time in college , live Cajun bands almost every night of the week for serious jitterbugging , incredible food , Mardi Gras , wonderful women , great jobs , and low cost of living .
I am still amazed at the ignorance about the"south" I witness everyday .The whole point of this post is that there is stupidity everywhere , there just isn't a big difference among all of us in America . When we go to other countries they just think of us as Americans
The Coastal Democrats and the bullshit red state thing . . . incredibly stupid !

sitarro said:
Good point .
Living in the "south" I have become aware that there is just an amazing amount of prejudging of the "south" (whatever that means, what is the south, where does it start?) . I don't find Southern people to be different from anyone from other states except that they tend to be much better cooks and are a bit more friendly in general .
When I moved to Colorado from Louisiana I saw a prejudice when applying for work , they claimed that people from the south always quit to go home when winter would hit , I loved the winters there. I applied for a job at an art supply store and aced the interview but wasn't hired until I literally begged for a job . Later I found that the person that interviewed me felt that even though I was very knowledgeable about their business , she assumed I wouldn't be able to work under a woman . . .when hired anyway for another department I became the most successful salesperson in the history of the store and became good friends with the woman that didn't want to hire me . The guy she did hire (from England) did have a problem working for a woman , he quit within 2 months .When people would find out where I was from they would always comment on the redneck racists from there . . . the KKK had rallies on the steps of the Capital in Denver twice a year , I have lived in the south for at least 24 of my 50 years and have never seen any sign of the Klan .
I lived in Southern California in High School when my Dad retired from the Air Force . When he broke the news to us that we were moving to Louisiana for his new job I was devastated . Easy Rider had just come out and I really didn't want to move there even though my family is originally from Louisiana . My friends from California asked me how I would go to school , they actually wondered if we would ride in a big boat instead of a bus . Instead , I had a great time in college , live Cajun bands almost every night of the week for serious jitterbugging , incredible food , Mardi Gras , wonderful women , great jobs , and low cost of living .
I am still amazed at the ignorance about the"south" I witness everyday .The whole point of this post is that there is stupidity everywhere , there just isn't a big difference among all of us in America . When we go to other countries they just think of us as Americans
The Coastal Democrats and the bullshit red state thing . . . incredibly stupid !

I'm from Texas and have heard it all. I know where you are coming from. Lived in LA for a while too (my mom is a true-blue coonass).

Some of the most racist people I have ever met are in the Northeast. Not long ago I was in a hotel lounge and got to talking to a couple of guys at the bar. One asked, "what do you do?" and I explained that I was visiting a supplier with a group of Koreans. He replied with some comment about "gooks". When I was living in NY in 2003, I thought I was going to move there so at the bank when opening an account, I asked the lady (just making conversation) where was a nice place to live. She replied by asking me, "It depends. First off, do you want to live in a Jewish, Italian, Irish, etc. neighborhood? If so, there are different good places depending on what you want." I was shocked. I thought segregated neighborhoods had been squashed long ago. I guess I have been living in the west for so long, I forgot how racist the east is.

manu1959 said:
wow you are right again...oh the burden you must live with...being the only one that knows everything....

OSB declared war on the US, clinton did nothing, that seemed to work out ok for us

Hey, I'm not excusing Clinton at all - he should a nuked BinLaden, no doubt.

But that's very different from *Iran* where Bin Laden IS NOT. Why aren't we blowing up Pakistan to find Bin Laden?

A

sitarro said:
I lived in Southern California in High School when my Dad retired from the Air Force . When he broke the news to us that we were moving to Louisiana for his new job I was devastated . !

I've been thinking I want to move to New Orleans - love it there.

As as far as states rights, if you've read enough of my posts, you know I'd like the 14th repealed.

A

freeandfun1 said:
I thought segregated neighborhoods had been squashed long ago. I guess I have been living in the west for so long, I forgot how racist the east is.

Racism comes in all colors and sizes, but yea, back is it's pretty "old world".

A

Forum List

Back