What if Buddah died and went to hell?

-=d=- said:
What I sense happening is people who say they believe the Bible, but when faced what with what the Bible actually teaches, are bothered; because it may contradict with happy-happy-joy-joy feelings. It's never easy to question one's believe in light of evidence/truth/scripture, etc.

I agree with you in regards to redemption, salvation, etc. Many think they know what they Bible says about that subject when they really don't.

Having said that, I think we need to avoid attacking each other or the beliefs of each other. That means everybody. If somebody asks my opinion or understanding of the Bible, I will proffer an answer. They don't have to agree with me nor do I have to agree with them. I have a clear understanding of what I believe the Bible says about salvation. I came to that understanding through reading the Bible, not being told what the Bible says. I think if more would actually read the Bible instead of listening to what others say about it, they might learn something.

For many years I myself went to Church. But like most people in Church, I never really paid attention. It was mechanical more than anything. You went to Church, sang some hymns, passed the offering tray, listened to a sermon (generally never really paying attention as you followed along) and then wrappted things up with the Lord's Prayer and a few announcements. It wasn't until I actually picked up the Bible, started reading it (with a Concordance) and started actually having a conversation with G-d through prayer, fasting and requesting His guidance that I started seeing the things in an entirely different light.

Kathianne said:
.... Here I was thinking that Christ was all about forgiveness and love. ......
A famous verse: John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

-=d=- said:
What I sense happening is people who say they believe the Bible, but when faced what with what the Bible actually teaches, are bothered; because it may contradict with happy-happy-joy-joy feelings. It's never easy to question one's believe in light of evidence/truth/scripture, etc.

Don't get me started. The Bible most certainly does not teach that even if you do all good things in the world, if you are not Born Again, your screwed. You are mistaken if you think your few verses make me question my faith. Rather, I feel frusterated because I did not believe the exagerations of many secularists when they say there are many Christians who say only their brand will get to heaven and all other will burn. I didn't believe it, but I see I was wrong. I feel frusterated that you people can even suggest that the Pope, who has done nothing but good in the world, will be punished to eternal torment.

theim said:
Don't get me started. The Bible most certainly does not teach that even if you do all good things in the world, if you are not Born Again, your screwed. You are mistaken if you think your few verses make me question my faith. Rather, I feel frusterated because I did not believe the exagerations of many secularists when they say there are many Christians who say only their brand will get to heaven and all other will burn. I didn't believe it, but I see I was wrong. I feel frusterated that you people can even suggest that the Pope, who has done nothing but good in the world, will be punished to eternal torment.

I think -=d=-'s original question, which you refer to, was not meant to suggest that the Pope is hell-bound because he is Catholic. It was meant to raise the point that outside of salvation from Christ, all people are lost, and that he hoped that the Pope had received such salvation.

theim said:
Don't get me started. The Bible most certainly does not teach that even if you do all good things in the world, if you are not Born Again, your screwed. You are mistaken if you think your few verses make me question my faith. Rather, I feel frusterated because I did not believe the exagerations of many secularists when they say there are many Christians who say only their brand will get to heaven and all other will burn. .

One cannot be a Christian and think Jesus to be a Liar.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." - Jesus (my emphasis added)

If there are other means by which people will get to God (heaven), then Jesus is a liar, and every one of his teachings is suspect. Nobody can have faith in something they believe to be a lie.

I didn't believe it, but I see I was wrong. I feel frusterated that you people can even suggest that the Pope, who has done nothing but good in the world, will be punished to eternal torment.

Jeff addressed this comment perfectly.

gop_jeff said:
I think -=d=-'s original question, which you refer to, was not meant to suggest that the Pope is hell-bound because he is Catholic. It was meant to raise the point that outside of salvation from Christ, all people are lost, and that he hoped that the Pope had received such salvation.

I didn't allege that he said the Pope would go to hell because he was Catholic. I am merely upset at the insinuations of some board members; namely that no matter how good you lead your life, if you are not a particular religion, your work at making people feel happy and loved will be rewarded with eternal sufering and torment.

theim said:
I didn't allege that he said the Pope would go to hell because he was Catholic. I am merely upset at the insinuations of some board members; namely that no matter how good you lead your life, if you are not a particular religion, your work at making people feel happy and loved will be rewarded with eternal sufering and torment.

It's Biblical Teaching which tells us...not some idea the members of this board, or any organization came up with randomly.

theim said:

Religion or sect of Christianity? I haven't seen anybody here say that one must be a Methodist, Baptist, etc. to get into heaven. But there have been those of that have stated that we earnestly believe that only through CHRIST can one enter heaven. If that means one must be a "Christian" (as in believe in Christ and His purpose on Earth) to enter heaven, then so be it. That is what the Bible I read clearly states.

Forum List

Back